Replies

• MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    @mwyvr - I felt a little daunted when it was zero. Good thing my first run for Oct was a longer weekend run - made it look farther along ;)
    Good luck with the BPPV - I don't get it often but when I do I just want to lie down with my eyes closed and not move lol
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in. Newbie here only been running properly for a few months. So I'm going to try for 40 miles. I know it's low but I'm still very slow. I've done 6miles this month so far so I'm definitely counting that
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    On Carb Loading:

For those who know: Any suggestions for diabetics where carb is indeed the enemy :)?

Definitely look for a sports nutritionist/doc blog or something. I am in no place to help here!
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    3. Does anyone think 1400-1500 calories for a female (45, 127lbs) is a deficit? I'm not losing weight here. If I'm lucky, I'm gaining/losing with no weight change. I will gain at 1600+. I can lose half to one pound a week if my net is less than 1000. Impossible to sustain, and I gain it back cuz I'm hungry. I should really look into getting my BF checked, goal is about 20% . I did use a food scale for a while to make sure I wasnt consistantly overestimating.

I'm at a 100-200 calorie/day deficit netting 1450-1550. So I'm losing really slowly, but it's a solid 1 lbs per month or so (barring the 4-5 lbs month this summer when I was trying to find my diet + 50 mpw balance). Finding the right calorie number is hard when you're a small lady!
    karllundy wrote: »

@Elise4270 , @Stoshew71, @kristinegift, @JoRocka - Your carb conversation is making me feel guilty about the horrible amount of refined carbs I eat ALL the time. Generally, for the last 2-3 days before a half I don't "load", but I do try to avoid having too much fiber. Good luck on the race!!

Haha, well don't feel bad. You probably eat better than me; on carb "load" days (I regularly eat probably 200-300 grams of carbs, and do 350 or so on "load" days), I get tons of my carbs from things like flamin' hot cheetos and chocolate bars. I figure those are definitely steering me clear of fiber, plus they're delicious! ;)
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    01/10 - 10.3km
    02/10 - 13.1 miles
    03/10 - 10.3km - PRs!!! 
    tot 42/500km

wow, what a fast run, set my 5k and 10k PRs! I slept for 9 hours, first time since last xmas I didn't set my alarm, and I could see the result!

I need to find a flat 5k and 10k to see what I can really do, my fast runs are a bit hilly in the middle, but I'm satisfied today :smile:

now walks and eating and rest, 35km tomorrow and a whole roast chicken for me in the evening
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    10/1 - 8 miles
    10/2 - 5 miles
    10/3 - 5.1 miles

18.1 of 120 miles

exercise.png

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @ACSL3 Thanks! Her name is Willow. Ten year old beagladore.

@skippygirlsmom Isn't it fantastic?! Lol.

@Elise4270 We need some cat pics.....

Lol! Alright. She's not as sweet as she pretends to be. She baites the male in to licking her then attacks him and runs him off 95% of the time.
    20151003_084841_zps40x2osja.jpg

20150512_064944_zpsk50wwlia.jpg

Her are my pups. I don't run or walk with them. They have a few acres to run. I plan on making the little one a walk run dog. She's about 3. Left to right Maggie, half border collie/cocker spaniel. Jack the border collie, Fey my pound dog, guessing a mix of Australian Sheppard/American standard collie. Good dog.
    20151003_084306_zps2xzoqxc2.jpg[img][/img]

And my sweet little tree frog20150709_181245_zpsnj6tk01q.jpg

Happy happy plan/re-pack/travel pre 1st HM day!
  • kristinegift
    edited October 2015
    Options
    10/1: 8 miles am and 6.2 pm with the Thursday crew
    10/2: Rest day
    10/3: 10 miles with Saturday crew

Thank God for running groups! Would not have gone out this morning without people waiting on me! And wouldn't have run quite so far without other people to suffer alongside me. 49 degrees but felt like 44 with wind from 14-27 mph, and a slight drizzle the whole way. Hoping this wind goes away for my HM tomorrow! I can contend with chilly temps and hills, but wind really beats me down mentally. But a good social run to cap off a 51.2 mile week. Not too shabby!

24.2/220

exercise.png
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Thank God for running groups! Would not have gone out this morning without people waiting on me! And wouldn't have run quite so far without other people to suffer alongside me. 49 degrees but felt like 44 with wind from 14-27 mph, and a slight drizzle the whole way. Hoping this wind goes away for my HM tomorrow! I can contend with chilly temps and hills, but wind really beats me down mentally.

24.2/220

exercise.png

Glad you made it out- I had to open our studio today at 930- in order to go run i needed to get up way earlier- and apparently that wasn't happening. now I gotta motivate myself outside of that to go!
    it is not very awesome out that's for sure. super icky.

Good luck tomorrow on the half- I hope it clears up a little like they are saying!!
  • kristinegift
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Thank God for running groups! Would not have gone out this morning without people waiting on me! And wouldn't have run quite so far without other people to suffer alongside me. 49 degrees but felt like 44 with wind from 14-27 mph, and a slight drizzle the whole way. Hoping this wind goes away for my HM tomorrow! I can contend with chilly temps and hills, but wind really beats me down mentally.

24.2/220

exercise.png

Glad you made it out- I had to open our studio today at 930- in order to go run i needed to get up way earlier- and apparently that wasn't happening. now I gotta motivate myself outside of that to go!
    it is not very awesome out that's for sure. super icky.

Good luck tomorrow on the half- I hope it clears up a little like they are saying!!

Thanks! Shouldn't be rainy, but it will be in the 40s I think. And with the wind, it may be pretty tough. But hopefully the sun will come out later today and you can have a warmer run than I did!
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    In for 80 again this month. Its raining in Atl. this morning still waiting to fit in my run somehow.
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    Oct 03      6.0      6.0

exercise.png

It is cold and rainy in windswept New England, so it seems like the right time to inaugurate the Treadmill Season, the running alternative to the snow, dark, and cold! Still looking forward to outside running on the weekends or the odd work-at-home day.
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71 @kristinegift Thanks. I will check the carb loading / diabetes question with my nutritionist. I don't think I need to worry about that yet since I am not aim at running long distances, not yet at least

10/1 4.75 -- I would like to do 6+ miles in the coming days, so, am resting tomorrow!
    10/2 rest day
    10/3 6.51 -- first 10k, longest run (time), and farthest run (distance)

exercise.png
  • Fitness_WonderWoman
    Fitness_WonderWoman Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This seems really neat . I'm a new comer to this event, so I'll make my goal 50 miles.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    This seems really neat . I'm a new comer to this event, so I'll make my goal 50 miles.

Welcome! This is a really great group!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    10/1--Workout B & walking
    10/2--Workout C & 3.24 miles
    10/3--10.48 miles

Definitely loving this cool weather.

exercise.png
  • Madux1818
    Options
    Just ran 5miles, 75 to go.
    With that said, "GO DAWGS!".
  • Madux1818
    Options
    tdbernrd wrote: »
    10/1--Workout B & walking
    10/2--Workout C & 3.24 miles
    10/3--10.48 miles

Definitely loving this cool weather.

exercise.png

Me too, loving this cooler weather except its raining in Atl.

• ceckhardt369
    ceckhardt369 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Haven't been able to get out yet this month but reading through this has me itching to go!! Maybe next week.

@melaniefave41 your running partner is beautiful. Mine is an ornery pain in the butt that I haven't taken since I've started back running because he's too fast for me!
    He's the husky mix on the left, my beagle is to scatter brained for me to take running, and the lab is too old.
    67ao0ck08sg2.jpg

@Elise4270 I miss my tree frogs! They are great little pets :smile:
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    Is anyone else just a little down or daunted when they see their Month To Date total just above zero? I feel it too, momentarily, but never fear, consistency wins, one run at a time.
    I feel daunted until I get at least 1/3 of my goal in the book. Family responsibilities have me tied up so no runs until tomorrow's running club.
    For all those that are still to Hot and Humid - We had our first snow of the year - its not going to stay but it does give you that kick in the @xx to get your yard work completed.