What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• yangt41
    yangt41 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    getitamb wrote: »
    I meant @yangt41 but I guess that could be for both of you guys

My personal trainer introduced me to boxing, which I really do enjoy and can see myself doing everyday but our sessions are coming to an end and I looked more into taking boxing classes but they are crazy expensive! Not sure if I should invest in those classes or just stick it out at the same old routine at the gym.
  • soccrplyr9
    soccrplyr9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That people will treat you differently, whether it be a positive or negative.
    That I am always cold, except when working out or after school duty in the sun!
    That my daughters would hate me stealing their shirts, because none of mine fit anymore!
    That my husband would NEVER leave me alone and start smacking my butt on a regular basis! LOL
    Everyone feels free to comment on your journey.
    BEST of all, that I have been an inspiration to others, which I never set out to do...but I love sharing what I've done now!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Your double chin will turn into ropey neck... :/
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ponkeen wrote: »
    That I will still look in my closet and see a bunch of clothes that are too small for me. They aren't, actually. In fact, most of them are now too big for me. But my ability to eyeball a piece of clothing and determine whether it will fit on my body or not has been compromised. How big am i, really?
    This, and I still have about 45 more pounds to lose! I wonder if I'll catch myself drifting over to the plus size section in stores when I'm a size 8... (12-14 now after being an 18 for the past 2 years. No vanity sizing!)

This is sooo true, I go through it every day. I hold up my jeans and think "man, there is no way they are going to fit" and they do. I cant wait for my brain to catch up!

• dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    dklorete wrote: »
    4mricandy wrote: »
    Stay off the scale!!! The belt is the ultimate motivator!!!
    very true
    I haven't weighed myself in a year!!!! Its weird though when people ask me "wow, you look great, how much have you lost"? and I tell them I have no idea, they look at me funny like I am lying to them!

• Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Nausicca55 wrote: »
    How acquaintances and co-workers who used to pretty much ignore you suddenly want to be your best friend and come up and talk to you all the time. I'm a serious introvert with social anxiety issues and I think I was happier when they were ignoring me.

oh how I can relate to this. I am not really a people person and very socially awkward. That has NOT changed even after losing weight lol. I like to be alone,though suddenly everyone wants to talk to me more.
  • sadie1164
    sadie1164 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    fionalew wrote: »
    What no one told me about being on MFP is how I would trade a food addiction for a forum addiction. I find myself checking in on the threads waaaaay too much during my work day!

Yup.
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    You will be hungry pretty much all the time unless you have a cheat day.

Everyone says you will get used to it or if you eat different types of foods (more protein, more "whole" foods, more fiber, etc.), you will feel satiated. They are lying. It will be a constant struggle to decide whether you want to feel hungry for the rest of your life or whether you will be fat for the rest of your life. I'm approaching nearly 2 years, and I'm just over 50% to my goal. It hasn't gotten any easier with time nor with different types of foods. There have been times I stuck with it only because I didn't want to leave my MFP friends.

I must be weird because I'm finding that I'm not constantly starving all the time. When I was eating crappy food and sugary drinks I was always hungry. And grumpy and bloated.
    dizzzigrl wrote: »
    Ponkeen wrote: »
    That I will still look in my closet and see a bunch of clothes that are too small for me. They aren't, actually. In fact, most of them are now too big for me. But my ability to eyeball a piece of clothing and determine whether it will fit on my body or not has been compromised. How big am i, really?
    This, and I still have about 45 more pounds to lose! I wonder if I'll catch myself drifting over to the plus size section in stores when I'm a size 8... (12-14 now after being an 18 for the past 2 years. No vanity sizing!)

This is sooo true, I go through it every day. I hold up my jeans and think "man, there is no way they are going to fit" and they do. I cant wait for my brain to catch up!
  • sadie1164
    sadie1164 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So when does your brain catch up? I'm having a hard time with this.
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    yangt41 wrote: »
    That I will still hate working out! I really thought I would start to be like some of you on here who starts to actually enjoy working out. I still dread it but still drag myself to the gym 3-4 times a week.

Don't feel bad, I don't like it either. I don't bother with a gym though ( I know I won't go). I have exercise mat at home.. and a treadmill on order from Costco. We have many months out of the year when it is just TOO HOT to walk outside - YES even early morning or at night.

I hate traditional exercise too. I mix it up a lot though so I have fun and most of the time I don't even realize I'm working out. I roller skate, swim, dance, zumba, go hiking, take the dog for a walk, in addition to regular workouts. I still have little ones, so we go to the park and I play tag or hide n seek with them. Find something that gets you moving that you like to do.

• GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    How obsessed you become with working out and what you eat. How your body craves it. And find your self talking about all the time That the pain and sleepless nights are worth it cause your worth it
  • GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    How obsessed you become
    YalithKBK wrote: »
    You will sometimes get annoyed or even angry when people offer you seconds or say you "deserve" a treat. I'm trying to lose weight! Extra calories means more work for me! Back off! (I'm still training my boyfriend about this).

Lol so true everything in moderation right.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    That people won't believe you don't have a "secret weapon" for weight loss.

When people ask me how I'm losing the weight, I tell them I use MFP and exercise. They then INSIST I must have a "secret." That I must be taking pills or using wraps or something like that.

I've literally overheard someone say "people don't lose that much weight without help. She must be taking Plexus or something and just doesn't want to admit it."

Jealous, much? :D
    Yes this one!! Happens all the time. They lean in like you are about to impart this awesome secret and then almost seem angry that you won't tell them your "secret".

Yes, the "eat less, move more" answer doesn't satisfy many people.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    That people won't believe you don't have a "secret weapon" for weight loss.

When people ask me how I'm losing the weight, I tell them I use MFP and exercise. They then INSIST I must have a "secret." That I must be taking pills or using wraps or something like that.

I've literally overheard someone say "people don't lose that much weight without help. She must be taking Plexus or something and just doesn't want to admit it."

Jealous, much? :D
    Yes this one!! Happens all the time. They lean in like you are about to impart this awesome secret and then almost seem angry that you won't tell them your "secret".

Yes, the "eat less, move more" answer doesn't satisfy many people.

My husband actually gave me *kitten* for giving this answer. "Why didn't you tell her (his grandma) that you're lifting weights and counting calories?" I did. . . I eat less and move more. . .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!