100 Day Exercise Challenge

Options

Replies

• Speyder
    Speyder Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Speyder wrote: »
    8.7 mile run felt good and I'm happy with the time 1.29 mins.. making the most if this gorgeous autumn weather. Training going well . Really enjoying this challenge and seeing everyone else enjoying and doing so well.

I love this challenge! I already had a personal goal of 30 minutes of some kind of movement every day, so I've really enjoyed finding like minded folks!

I set a goal to work-out twice a day.

A couple of years ago, I was all gung ho and doing an hour workout goal. Life got hectic, I got stressed and I neglected my workouts and put the weight I had just lost back on. I'm trying to be more moderate this time. Make it truly a lifestyle change, so that when I get busy, I go, I only NEED 30 minutes, I can do 30 minutes! And then if I do more, great and if I don't that's okay too.

I couldn't do twice a day, but I couldn't get up before dawn either for a workout! Really, you're amazing!

Thank you and I hope I achieve my weight loss goal and achieve my dream to MMA train and body build.
  • randomsue
    randomsue Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Weight training and zumba. It was just what I needed. I couldn't make it to the gym to lift before zumba but I needed both today. :) This challenge is making me move!
  • Speyder
    Options
    Walked up and down 6 flights of stairs 5x to do laundry
  • axesesh
    axesesh Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Day 15: danced for 40 mins to some great music
  • WillsRN
    WillsRN Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    axesesh wrote: »
    Day 15: danced for 40 mins to some great music

Sounds fun! Nice job.
  • WillsRN
    Options

Wow! Hope you didn't carry the laundry baskets up, too.
  • WillsRN
    Options
    Day 13: walked before calling it a day. Easier every day.
    Next week I'm going to a convention in Atlanta. I'll walk plenty. Hotel has a gym. Plan to use it. Food planning is a little challenging, but I'll make it work. Determined to make good for me healthy choices.
  • WillsRN
    Options
    randomsue wrote: »
    Weight training and zumba. It was just what I needed. I couldn't make it to the gym to lift before zumba but I needed both today. :) This challenge is making me move!

How is Zumba? Do you have to work up to it? I'm afraid to try it in a gym, but want to try it @ home.
  • randomsue
    Options
    WillsRN wrote: »
    randomsue wrote: »

How is Zumba? Do you have to work up to it? I'm afraid to try it in a gym, but want to try it @ home.

I love it. I'm not a dancer and I sometimes face left when everyone else is facing right. Lol It doesn't matter because it burns a ton of calories and it's fun. Try it a couple of times to really get a feel for it. You can modify moves to suit you. There's a learning curve for the moves but just keep moving. That's what I hear all the time, just keep it moving. When you see moves using your arms, definitely move your arms. That makes you sweat. If you ever try a class, look for a class where the instructor shows modified moves as well as the complex moves and is able to motivate you to do your best effort no matter your condition. I do suggest wearing the right footwear. Something that will let your feet move and not catch on the floor. Try it and let me know what you think.
  • Speyder
    Options
    WillsRN wrote: »

Wow! Hope you didn't carry the laundry baskets up, too.

Yes I did.. But I love that I am not breathing heavy when going up the stairs anymore
  • lelanvietnam
    lelanvietnam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can i join in ? Hope not too late . This time i can run 8km for 1hours..i hope will hit 10km within 60mins on the next 2 months.
  • Speyder
    Options
    Can i join in ? Hope not too late . This time i can run 8km for 1hours..i hope will hit 10km within 60mins on the next 2 months.

Never to late to join.. _Welcome :)
  • Speyder
    Options
    Day 15: Hard to get out of bed early, but did and went to gym and did elliptical for 33 min: 802 calories burned.. 2.02 miles
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 20-something on a fitness blender schedule and today was a rest day! I was a little surprised because day four of the week isn't usually a rest day but day's six and seven are rest day. I looked ahead and tomorrow's workout is BRUTAL, so I understand now! lol.

Anyhoo, 9 minutes of low impact aerobics and 27 minutes of a yoga/pilates/stretch combo.
  • axesesh
    axesesh Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Day 15: jillian br cardio 2
  • randomsue
    Options
    45 minutes of housecleaning involving sweeping, mopping, dusting. That's all I have in me today
  • lizziegs
    lizziegs Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am joining a little late. Ran 3 miles today. :-)
  • randomsue
    Options
    lizziegs wrote: »
    I am joining a little late. Ran 3 miles today. :-)
    Welcome! Great job!
  • Speyder
    Options
    Day 15: 2nd work-out of the day-- back and biceps and elliptical.

I am combining two work- out programs--31 days to a better body in the morning with some cardio and 12 weeks to a leaner body at night.

That way I will incorporate all my weight lifting.

Once I drop some more weight I will start to incorporate MMA training into the mix again.. I just don't want my foot to get aggravated again.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Alright KILLER workout DONE!

7 minute warm up
    33 minutes HIIT (which I modified to low impact, so it really was 33 minutes low impact aerobics)
    10 minutes abs
    23 minutes strength training
    10 minutes cool down and stretching

for an estimated 500 calories burned. This was a fitness blender 1000 calorie workout, so even though my estimated 500 is just an estimate, I feel really good about it. :):):)