100 Day Exercise Challenge

Options

Replies

• Speyder
    Speyder Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    randomsue wrote: »
    Speyder wrote: »
    Day 13: I got free 10 min chair massage at Fitworks before my 25 min elliptical workout and now sitting in sauna. Planning to clean apartment and do laundry, so that means I have to go up and down 6 flights of stairs to get to laundry room. Lost 4.2 pounds since this challenge. Makes me feel more motivated. I also been doing the Primal Diet which is not a diet, I am changing my eating habits, feels great not giving into any temptations, even drinking coffee black..some getting use to.

You're doing great. This challenge has helped me too. Is the primal diet similar to paleo? No grains, etc?

Yes, but also no diary or sugar or any preservatives.. So all natural. You can have yogurt and cheese in moderation.
  • randomsue
    randomsue Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Treadmill and lifting. Arm day again. Done :)
  • RedSuki
    RedSuki Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hi guys! Day 9: 40 min of lifting weights. First time for me, quite interesting. I am more used to cardio workouts. Anyway I'll see how it goes...bye!
  • Speyder
    Options
    RedSuki wrote: »
    hi guys! Day 9: 40 min of lifting weights. First time for me, quite interesting. I am more used to cardio workouts. Anyway I'll see how it goes...bye!

You burn more when lifting and muscle mass. This helps your metabolism at rest. Good luck ;)
  • Speyder
    Options
    Did 17 min on stationary bike and did total body strength training with weights.
  • axesesh
    axesesh Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Day 14: 30 min walking
  • SDom81
    SDom81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Busy day ..so just did a quick abs workout ..have a long run planned tomorrow so didn't want to over do it in the legs department.

Going strong so much positivity from everyone which is fantastic :)
  • randomsue
    randomsue Posts: 179 Member
    Options

I will look into the primal diet. I do a modified paleo since I am allergic to wheat but I love my Greek yogurt. Thanks for the info
  • Speyder
    Options
    randomsue wrote: »

I will look into the primal diet. I do a modified paleo since I am allergic to wheat but I love my Greek yogurt. Thanks for the info

No problem..here is the site http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-shopping-list/#axzz3nSTZHwU5
  • WillsRN
    WillsRN Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WillsRN wrote: »
    Walked more than an hour. Up 2 flights & down same. Sometimes a little harder after working, so try to work it in a little at a time there. I'm sure everyone has the same 24 hours, just exercise is newer to me. Still kinda bad at it, but better every day. Thank you all for keeping me motivated (and accountable!)

You doning GREAT!!! Walking and moving in anyway is better than sitting on the couch. I was to exhausted after taking my daughter to the mall to go to gym.. So I counted me walking around shopping for a hour or more exercise. I also had to walk up 6 flights of stairs to get to apartment everyday. So you are doing AWESOME!!!
    Walked more than an hour. Up 2 flights & down same. Sometimes a little harder after working, so try to work it in a little at a time there. I'm sure everyone has the same 24 hours, just exercise is newer to me. Still kinda bad at it, but better every day. Thank you all for keeping me motivated (and accountable!)

You are doing fantastic! And walking counts. Back when I was my heaviest (269, 16 years ago) walking was how I started moving.

Thank you for that! It feels good to move more. Where in Idaho do you live? I lived in Idaho Falls, then Burley (east of Twin Falls).

In St. Louis now. Small world...

• WillsRN
    WillsRN Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Day 12: walked 3.5 miles today ( 1/2 mile @ a time.) yippee! Keeping myself healthy...
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

You doning GREAT!!! Walking and moving in anyway is better than sitting on the couch. I was to exhausted after taking my daughter to the mall to go to gym.. So I counted me walking around shopping for a hour or more exercise. I also had to walk up 6 flights of stairs to get to apartment everyday. So you are doing AWESOME!!!

You are doing fantastic! And walking counts. Back when I was my heaviest (269, 16 years ago) walking was how I started moving.

Thank you for that! It feels good to move more. Where in Idaho do you live? I lived in Idaho Falls, then Burley (east of Twin Falls).

In St. Louis now. Small world...

I'm in Pocatello. My husband was born and raised in Chubbuck. I am actually from Vermont, born and raised but I met my husband and here I've been for 20 plus years. It's a good place to raise a family.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    51-ish minutes in. Alternating cardio and ab. It was pretty intense!
  • RedSuki
    RedSuki Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Since it's Sunday we decided to go for a afternoon hiking adventure :) And yes, I have to agree this challenge and all of you guys are definitely a great motivation! Thank you!
  • Speyder
    Options
    RedSuki wrote: »
    Since it's Sunday we decided to go for a afternoon hiking adventure :) And yes, I have to agree this challenge and all of you guys are definitely a great motivation! Thank you!

Thanks :) I figured I started this to keep me motivated and if I have to log in everyday then I wouldn't stop and it worked. Thanks for joining!!
  • Speyder
    Options
    Day 14: 20 mins of kettle bells and medicine ball and resistance training and 25 min of cardio.
  • SDom81
    SDom81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    8.7 mile run felt good and I'm happy with the time 1.29 mins.. making the most if this gorgeous autumn weather. Training going well . Really enjoying this challenge and seeing everyone else enjoying and doing so well.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    8.7 mile run felt good and I'm happy with the time 1.29 mins.. making the most if this gorgeous autumn weather. Training going well . Really enjoying this challenge and seeing everyone else enjoying and doing so well.

I love this challenge! I already had a personal goal of 30 minutes of some kind of movement every day, so I've really enjoyed finding like minded folks!
  • Speyder
    Options

I love this challenge! I already had a personal goal of 30 minutes of some kind of movement every day, so I've really enjoyed finding like minded folks!

I set a goal to work-out twice a day.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options

I set a goal to work-out twice a day.

A couple of years ago, I was all gung ho and doing an hour workout goal. Life got hectic, I got stressed and I neglected my workouts and put the weight I had just lost back on. I'm trying to be more moderate this time. Make it truly a lifestyle change, so that when I get busy, I go, I only NEED 30 minutes, I can do 30 minutes! And then if I do more, great and if I don't that's okay too.

I couldn't do twice a day, but I couldn't get up before dawn either for a workout! Really, you're amazing!