Significant other and their habits..Break up or Suck it up??

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Kissimmee_Disney
    Kissimmee_Disney Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Has anyone here had to deal with a significant other who just isn't "heading the same direction" I have become a vegetarian, trying to go vegan eventually.And my SO just keeps on eating meat.I have changed so much that just the thought of kissing someone who has chewed on meat kind of grosses me out.It has made me actually reconsider if this person should even be in my life.And let's not even mention the way the bathroom smells after they use it.(I am sorry if it sounds gross, but dead carcass coming out smells worse than going in! And my children are also vegetarian and the only time the home reeks is when the SO is here..15 years is what I have in the relationship, but after all this is my health and my life and I want someone who is at least CLOSE to heading my direction. And my SO generally likes "bigger" women which I am planning on NOT being ever again.Am I being too harsh or does anyone else have an opinion? Thanks ~~Kissimmee Disney~~~~ <3

You're being judgy and unfair in my opinion. You're not a vegan yet, but imagine if some vegan started talking all snotty about you and your odors and bathroom habits because you're still unwilling to give up animal byproducts.

Now imagine that person is your SO of 15 years. And then try imagining that your vegan SO made a post about you online behind your back about it, about how you gross him out.

I do not post anything I have not or Will not say to his face.If they could make (GOOD) cosmetics and contacts that were animal by product free that would have already happened.

Ah, so as long as you have or would say it to his face, it's not talking crap to say it behind your husband's back to complete strangers...? You really have a way of making yourself out to be white as snow.
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    rankinsect wrote: »
    If they could make (GOOD) cosmetics and contacts that were animal by product free that would have already happened.

Wow, you sure have your priorities straight. You'd end a decade and a half long relationship and split a family over your new found ethos, but you won't wear glasses or give up makeup.

GOOD makeup. She won't switch because the vegan cosmetics aren't good enough. Just want be clear. Otherwise totally agree with you about the priorities being aligned... ;)

Plenty of good cosmetics brands carry vegan makeup or are entirely vegan. Unless brands carried by Sephora like Urban Decay, Cover FX, and OCC aren't "GOOD" enough.

Love Urban Decay, but their foundation isn't what I prefer.Cover Fx is wonderful!!! But Occ rather thin and doesn't last long in Florida's humid weather.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    If they could make (GOOD) cosmetics and contacts that were animal by product free that would have already happened.

Wow, you sure have your priorities straight. You'd end a decade and a half long relationship and split a family over your new found ethos, but you won't wear glasses or give up makeup.

GOOD makeup. She won't switch because the vegan cosmetics aren't good enough. Just want be clear. Otherwise totally agree with you about the priorities being aligned... ;)

Plenty of good cosmetics brands carry vegan makeup or are entirely vegan. Unless brands carried by Sephora like Urban Decay, Cover FX, and OCC aren't "GOOD" enough.

Just to be clear, I have no issue with the quality of Vegan cosmetics... I just wanted to emphasize what the OP said, that the cosmetics aren't good enough for her... ;)

I got that. :) Just adding to the point made about her priorities that her claim that vegan cosmetics aren't good is absurd, she could use vegan makeup if she really was so committed to her ethics that she's willing to end her marriage over it. Though, what kind of upside-down ethics is this either way.

I should have included an emoticon, I wasn't meaning to come off as correcting you or anything. :)

I thought so but I just wanted to make sure to differentiate myself from people whose stuff doesn't stink and who think that vegan cosmetics are inferior!

For what it's worth- I am not vegan at all- like remotely close to it- but if I can support a cruetly free company whose product rocks my socks- I will.

I use a TON of make up geek cosmetics- and they are cruetly free and vegan- and I'm a complete and utter make up snob as a performer- long wearing- highly pigmented- and I'm cheap. So seriously.

Anyone who claims vegan cosmetics are inferior is ridiculous- b/c there are TONS of products available!

Oh hey, this thread actually got useful. Off to google make up geek...

+1
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Has anyone here had to deal with a significant other who just isn't "heading the same direction" I have become a vegetarian, trying to go vegan eventually.And my SO just keeps on eating meat.I have changed so much that just the thought of kissing someone who has chewed on meat kind of grosses me out.It has made me actually reconsider if this person should even be in my life.And let's not even mention the way the bathroom smells after they use it.(I am sorry if it sounds gross, but dead carcass coming out smells worse than going in! And my children are also vegetarian and the only time the home reeks is when the SO is here..15 years is what I have in the relationship, but after all this is my health and my life and I want someone who is at least CLOSE to heading my direction. And my SO generally likes "bigger" women which I am planning on NOT being ever again.Am I being too harsh or does anyone else have an opinion? Thanks ~~Kissimmee Disney~~~~ <3

You're being judgy and unfair in my opinion. You're not a vegan yet, but imagine if some vegan started talking all snotty about you and your odors and bathroom habits because you're still unwilling to give up animal byproducts.

Now imagine that person is your SO of 15 years. And then try imagining that your vegan SO made a post about you online behind your back about it, about how you gross him out.

I do not post anything I have not or Will not say to his face.If they could make (GOOD) cosmetics and contacts that were animal by product free that would have already happened.

Ah, so as long as you have or would say it to his face, it's not talking crap to say it behind your husband's back to complete strangers...? You really have a way of making yourself out to be white as snow.

Love Urban Decay, but their foundation isn't what I prefer.Cover Fx is wonderful!!! But Occ rather thin and doesn't last long in Florida's humid weather.

If our preferences provide a valid justification for animal exploitation, then why should anyone avoid eating animal products? Your husband prefers foods with meat, eggs, and dairy. Why is your foundation preference more valid than his food preference?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

If our preferences provide a valid justification for animal exploitation, then why should anyone avoid eating animal products? Your husband prefers foods with meat, eggs, and dairy. Why is your foundation preference more valid than his food preference?

giphy.gif
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Perhaps he said he 'won't give you a divorce' because he doesn't want to lose his family. Considering a woman who tells him his poop stinks and won't kiss him because he ate meat while she's still married to him.... well, what will happen after the big split? The kids are already following her lead on the animal activism because dude has to work for a living, and that's long-haul truck driving (which obviously wasn't an issue until now?). So gee, I wouldn't be in a rush to be signing the papers for splitsville either.
    Maybe go take a long, long look in the mirror (after taking a poop, and smell the air), and see if you look as perfect on your side of the marriage as you think you are making yourself out to be. Then try sitting down and working this all out before you think about giving the last 15 years up over something like who eats meat and who eats fast food, and whose job entails being gone for a while.

This...

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

+1
  • Kissimmee_Disney
    Kissimmee_Disney Posts: 24 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Why...Yes..I am white as snow!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

if i look at this post**juuuuust so** it almost resembles an actual real thing

Allllmooooossstttt

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Why...Yes..I am white as snow!

and you missed it. I can't.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

also...

boom. drops mic.
    walksout.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Uh, people -- the OP has left the building.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    trina1049 wrote: »
    Uh, people -- the OP has left the building.

The OP posted as recently as four or five posts ago.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Click on her profile, she's gone.