No Alcohol on a weekday!

Options

Replies

• L0VE3UG
    L0VE3UG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been telling myself over and over how much I want to cut back, glad I found this group I'm in for October! I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight, but it's definitely impacting my fitness goals and I think lately I've been saucing way to heavily anyway :|. It's thrown my workout grind completely off the past month!

Unfortunately, I work at a club so I can't really avoid being around it. I did good at stopping myself tonight...only had two drinks even though I didn't really want them. Why I had them at all I don't even know. If I can go Sun-Thurs then allow myself 2-3 on Fri/Sat, that would be an accomplishment for me.
  • karbar75
    karbar75 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I need to get on track with this too! Lost about 30 lbs 6 years ago and it's all crept back because of less work outs, more calories and that definitely isn't helped by the love of the evening vino. I could go all day sticking to my plan but then add glass(es) of wine and the rest of the day turns into snack fest. I suppose if I went to bed at 7pm each night I could fit in my size 8 jeans again.. but anyway nice to hear I'm not the only one who is challenged by this. I would love to join in this group/challenge and support each other! My name is Karen. Feel free to add kaydbar with a note that you're from this group.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My no drinking has gone out the window....I'm going to start again on Monday! School holidays, hot weather and an injury is making it all too hard
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I actually started this a few months ago. My SO has a music gig almost every weekend and they are almost ALWAYS at venues that double as a bar. We usually have a really nearby hotel or something so drinking wasn't much of an issue. We also get discounted drinks at 98% of these places and a lot of times other bands enjoy bringing their own alcohol to share. On top of this I enjoy a glass of wine at night or a rum and coke. I decided to cut it out and feel way better about my life choices (lol) now come Monday morning. I mean, I still drink occasionally but I don't go home and go, "Man I could have avoided those excess calories."

Start slow! It pays off!!!
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I want a cocktail. Jus sayin.
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    This is my second night in a row without booze which is big for me. Good luck everyone.
  • swwass130
    swwass130 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    going on night three AF. Tomorrow night the SO is out of town, this will be a challenge for me. I need a plan
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    swwass130 wrote: »
    going on night three AF. Tomorrow night the SO is out of town, this will be a challenge for me. I need a plan

Pour a nice glass of bubbly water in a fancy glass, garnish w/ fruit. Pair it w/ a thoughtfully crafted healthy snack on a plate that you don't normally eat off of. One you save for guests. Then treat ur self to a movie/ show/ video game that ur SO would never want to watch. Or call a family member or friend that u haven't talked to in a while and will spend the night on the phone with. While sipping ur mock tail. Take a melatonin early at night w/ a bedtime cup of chamomile and raw honey. You'll go to sleep early and only miss ur better half enough to appreciate them but also enjoy ur me time. Good luck!!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Had a few glasses of wine last night.. got it in my calories.. but damn is sure slows things down.
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    3 nights alcohol free :)
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    summerkissed- just get back on it- great to post the slips- keeps us accountable.
    Yay terpnista84!!!
    What great ideas elizabethym!!-- you can do it swwass130.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Wtg lizwoosh! Isn't it nice to know were not the only booze bags out there?
  • Christians_mom
    Christians_mom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me in! I need to stop the weeknight wine too.
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm on vacation and had 4 drinks yesterday. Slept really poorly. However it did fit in my calories because I walked 20k steps yesterday. And today I think my husband's cold finally caught up with me. Those drinks probably didn't help. Staying in tonight and drinking water. Going to turn in fairly early tonight and hope to kick this cold. I have zinc lozenges which I swear by...ugh. Colds suck.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I don't drink during the week but totally binge drink Friday Saturday and Sunday easily drinking 2 bottles of wine each night. This is totally stopping my weight loss. I've gained 9 lbs since vacation in June and I need to reel it in big time.
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Can I join? I don't drink during the week but totally binge drink Friday Saturday and Sunday easily drinking 2 bottles of wine each night. This is totally stopping my weight loss. I've gained 9 lbs since vacation in June and I need to reel it in big time.

Absolutely! All are welcome!
  • Lorz1977
    Lorz1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join, love wine after stressful days at work along with stressful life challenges!
  • Jvizzle2015
    Jvizzle2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have found cutting alcohol and increasing recreational drug use has been quiet helpful. Down close to 20 lbs in past 2 months.
  • skinnymar52
    skinnymar52 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this community! My sister & I recently restarted MFP and we decided to stop drinking so we can lose weight more effectively. Well I stopped my nightly glasses of red wine every night and she is trying to cut out the wine & beer during the week. Anyone else get a crazy sweet tooth from not drinking alcohol?
  • TriniDiva_PA
    TriniDiva_PA Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this community! My sister & I recently restarted MFP and we decided to stop drinking so we can lose weight more effectively. Well I stopped my nightly glasses of red wine every night and she is trying to cut out the wine & beer during the week. Anyone else get a crazy sweet tooth from not drinking alcohol?

Omgish, yes! I've done good so far with cutting back on the alcohol during the week (especially since joining this group) and it has made a difference in my weight and how I feel day to day. Small changes that I can definitely live with ;)

My sweet tooth? Now that's a whole different animal. In my effort to make better choices all around, I just opened up my food diary to my MFP friends only. Now, I truly am an open book. Personally, I think it will help me make better food/snack choices and I can plan accordingly. Just knowing I have the support of my MFP friends will hold my accountability and hopefully will help curtail (not give up completely, lol) my cravings for the sweet stuff. Welcome to this group, you'll love it here. Good luck!