Easter Bunnies Support Group!!!!

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    hi guys

sorry i've been crappy at logging here- i'm full of cold, and so is the family. but i'm the one who seems to function best so i get to look after everyone else too!! the role of being both a nurse and a mum!

so i'm on day 4 of no exercise, which is hard for me! but i just can't. after finishing an early shift, coming home and looking after everyone, doing housework, making tea, bathing all the kids and getting them to bed, there's just no time and i'm knackered. so i've just been kinda watching my diet (but not really, iykwim!).
    so i'm just thinking of this week as a bit of a break, then i'll be back on form within the next few days.

mary- your results are awesome!!! i'm so proud of you :-)

so yeah, i may be a bit MIA, but i'll come back stronger :-)

hey, do we want to be starting a new board for june?
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Sorry you are feeling bad. Hang in there! I don't care if we start a new one or not. Just let me know!
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    ure we can start a new board, new name, maybe grab some more people. Group of about 10-12 would be nice.

I got my 30 DS done today and 2 miles of walking. I'm missing my scale, but I'm not headed back there this month. I have 900 cals to go yet today, and am not hungry. Today would be a good day for an avacado, high in fat but good for me.

Be healthy everyone.

(To bad it's not May, we could start a group, "Scales away for the month of May") So what should we call it?
  • mbvenske
    I got my 30 DS done, but I had a going away party this afternoon so I didn't get my walk in. I was debating on wether to do it now or not, but I think I'm going to be done for the day. To much sun this afternoon, my body isn't used to it being out in the heat all day. We went from 60 degrees on friday to 80 and humid humid today. I feel I did really good food wise. Considering all that was there, I stuck to a taco in a bag, and 3 chocolate chip cookies. They are my downfall. But I stayed away from the brownies, cakes, and dips. So, I'll count my day as a success.

I also logged everything and came in under cals.

How's everyones weekend going?
  • tammyquinnlmt
    Its so very hot here. 101 degrees yesterday. Haven't heard the final verdict for today. I am doing well though and spent some time doing yoga. My weekend has been nice and relaxing, which is nice, because yesterday was soo hectic!
  • Hey All,

I'm feeling a bit more positive today. I have been in a serious sulk since last week when I put on. I weighed in tonight and have lost 1.4 lbs so nearly all of last weeks gain. I have 1.2 lbs to lose in a week to hit my 1st goal before I go home on leave. Very doable if I put my mind to it. I went for a 10k run and 15 min row this evening to kick start the week off. So bring it on!!!

Well done everyone for staying committed despite the difficulties in our day to day lives.
  • mbvenske
    Tammy, I so feel for you, I hate the heat. Actually, I hate the humidity. I lived in west texas for 5 years and i could handle the heat way better down there than I can here in Minnesota, because of that damn humidiyt, it's like you can't breathe!!

Claire, good to hear from you. Don't let this crap get you down, I guess that's why I'm glad I'm not weighing this month. I fight depression to much anyway, and that just adds to it. Stick with it, you'll get that 1.5 gone before you go home!!

I just got my exercise in, now I'm headed to my parents for the day. Seems like forever since I saw them. You all take care, check in later!!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    Well, I cheated and checked the scale. down 3 pounds! Seems the plateau is over.
  • bonjour24
    that's awesome tammy. well done you! that's a stone and a half you've lost!!! brilliant. do you feel any different now?

mary- i know what you mean about humidity. i like in auckland where it has been known to hit 100% humidity- it's difficult. the air feels heavy, eh. but i found going out early morning or last thing at night best (like 2030hrs).

claire- i'm sorry that you gained last week- but it must have been water weight and muscle. people don't do what you're doing and gain unless it's something like that. definately unfair though. i'm glad it's mostly gone. you're doing awesome with your running. i'm so jealous! i ran 10.2ks last week and it took me over 80 mins with a reasonable amount of stopping! you're an inspiration.

AFM- i've had a crappy week last week- i only exercised twice (luckily once was a 10k run!), but i did try to keep my cals within the limits, with varying degrees of success. i'm not weighing in until tues or weds though- i'm on early shifts, and i'll only weigh in at home after a workout (when i'm completely dehydrated and the lightest i could ever possibly be!). being winter here, everyone's getting colds and things. it's just so hard to find the time or inclination to do things when life keeps getting in the way.
    but......... this is a new week, and it's time to get back onto it.

hey, should i start a new board? what shall we call it? something basic like "june challenge", or does someone want to get creative?
  • tammyquinnlmt
    How about June Bunnies
  • mbvenske
    Works for me!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    How is everyone this morning? I took my kiddo for a little walk this morning. I could tell I have been slacking on excercise. Gotta get back to it! Hope everyone has a great day!
  • bonjour24
    I weigh 198lbs!!!!! i'm under 200 for the first time in 10 years! and i am now only 11kgs away from my goal. i won't lie, ladies. this feels good.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    I weigh 198lbs!!!!! i'm under 200 for the first time in 10 years! and i am now only 11kgs away from my goal. i won't lie, ladies. this feels good.

Amazing!!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!
  • Joni you are doing really well, all that effort is paying off. Well done on your 10.2k as well, it doesn't matter about the time, the fact is you did it and it can only get easier.

I think I've hit a bit of a plateau but we shall see what the scales say on Saturday. After that, I am offski back to the UK for two weeks so that might shake things up and I will be surprised if don't have a large gain. I won't be disappointed though, I am going to enjoy myself and get back on track as soon as I get back.
  • bonjour24
    Joni you are doing really well, all that effort is paying off. Well done on your 10.2k as well, it doesn't matter about the time, the fact is you did it and it can only get easier.

I think I've hit a bit of a plateau but we shall see what the scales say on Saturday. After that, I am offski back to the UK for two weeks so that might shake things up and I will be surprised if don't have a large gain. I won't be disappointed though, I am going to enjoy myself and get back on track as soon as I get back.

if you don't gain weight while you're on holiday and having fun, i'm going to find where you are and come and ***** slap you! thanks for the congrats on the run. things are still hard though. i'm wondering when they're going to get easier! but i'll just keep on keeping on, as you do :-)
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 717 Member

that is fabulous!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! I am at 262.5 and haven't been there in 5 years....I agree...this does feel good!!!!!!! I haven't done any formal exercising but I am doing some heavy yard work and patio cleaning and wearing my HRM, so I am burning calories all the same. Speaking of cleaning...back to the patio...time to power wash. I ran out of cleaner and ran out to get more.
  • Joni you are doing really well, all that effort is paying off. Well done on your 10.2k as well, it doesn't matter about the time, the fact is you did it and it can only get easier.

if you don't gain weight while you're on holiday and having fun, i'm going to find where you are and come and ***** slap you! thanks for the congrats on the run. things are still hard though. i'm wondering when they're going to get easier! but i'll just keep on keeping on, as you do :-)

The difference is Hun, that you have work, a family and a home to factor in as well. At the moment all I have to do is roll out of bed each day, come into work which is 5 mins away and go to the gym during work time which is also 5 mins away. I have all my cooking, cleaning and washing done for me. It won't always be like this but I am definitely making the most of it whilst I am here. You are doing fab.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    Good morning all! Have a fantastic day. I have a very busy day with 3 massages scheduled, so I'll be burning the calories today!
  • mbvenske
    Morning all!! Everyone is doing so great!!! I am so proud of you all!

I really need to hit it again. I have so slacked off. I was doing that 30 DS and everything else was going out the window. I've decided to try to get back into my walking. I feel better doing that and just doing the dvd a couple days a week. I can't do that video, it kills my knees.

Does anyone else find summer time to be the hardest to lose weight? Summrs kill me, I ALWAYS gain, so maybe I should be happy if I maintain the next 3 months. With being on the road, camping, picnics, the boys being off from school, i do terrible at my eating and don't make the time to exercise. I've got to do better.

So, with that in mind, I'm headed out for a walk. Have a great day all!
This discussion has been closed.