The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    WELCOME National Primate Animal Liberation Week (NPLW) for short.

Extra rounds tonight so I wont be around much. I should be getting out of the office approx. Every 45 minutes- an hour, and checking the buildings every 2 hours... ugh...
  • mikehardin62
    mikehardin62 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello, night shifters
    Hope all is going well with you...it is Saturday morning. ..so lets move it around shall we?!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not pink. We went camping over our weekend and just ran out of time. Camping was great though! Brought a slab of memory foam so we woke up only half sore and creaky, made bacon/eggs/toast/hashbrowns and had coffee for breakfast and went on a 3 hour or so hike...the area has caves and rock formations so we got to climb some of those but my nerves couldn't take much of that...because of the kid. I've gone myself and was fine but when your precious little offspring is a foot from a steeeeeep dropoff...o.m.g. Down in this one part called the Devil's Punchbowl it is like a fairly land. The temperature is so much cooler, damp, moss everywhere...we probably seen 10 different kinds of fungi...so cool! I think we are going camping again this Wednesday since the kiddo is still on break. Different place though.

Sooo for my makeup challenge...I preemptively did the werewolf one because that fell on the camping day and I knew I wouldn't have time...and ended up NOT doing the orange/black that I was scheduled to do. Oh well...the werewolf came out pretty cool! Yesterday was zombie...I wasn't feeling it and it came out pretty crappy. Meh. Today is fairy...that should be fun! Not sure what I'll do exactly but I know is I'll be bustin' out the glitter!

@sufferlandrian That top pic is INSANE!

@belimawr I almost quit this job my first day because the gal training me was sooo close to me and would try to put her hand over mine on the mouse to show me things. I was like, no. No. I'm VERY sensitive to personal space and I will seriously either flip out, have a panic attack or flee if someone infringes on my personal space too much...ish...makes my skin crawl thinking about it...
  • mikehardin62
    Options
    Well said Frankie for short if i may, hope your next trip goes as well as this one did...make up a side...the pictures in my mind...reminding me of Washington State!!! You know , caves , loggin roads and the like. Sounds like a SWEET spot to me, for those who know about the HIKE!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    @belimawr I almost quit this job my first day because the gal training me was sooo close to me and would try to put her hand over mine on the mouse to show me things. I was like, no. No. I'm VERY sensitive to personal space and I will seriously either flip out, have a panic attack or flee if someone infringes on my personal space too much...ish...makes my skin crawl thinking about it...

I had to walk out, which I have never done, before because I started feeling overwhelmed and anxious.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,216 Member
    Options
    @mikehardin62 - I love Washington State but the Seattle area got too busy. It took an hour to commute from Woodinville to Everett. I do miss the Alpine Lakes Wilderness area though. I love where I'm at now too. It's incredible the number of mountains and lakes that are around here.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    @mikehardin62 - I love Washington State but the Seattle area got too busy. It took an hour to commute from Woodinville to Everett. I do miss the Alpine Lakes Wilderness area though. I love where I'm at now too. It's incredible the number of mountains and lakes that are around here.

I live West of Seattle in Kitsap and I agree, it's very beautiful here but Seattle is very ugly at times with traffic. My gf lives right in the thick of it. Typically her commute to work from her place is 15 mins with light traffic. A few weeks ago due to some accidents and it being a Friday, it took her 2 hrs. Other than visiting her on the weekends, I try to avoid Seattle when I can.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The place I used to work; there was a really nice trail down by the river less than a 1/4 mile away. I used to go down there and hike when I got off in the morning. It was beautiful. There are some really nice trails near where I live now, but they are a bit more tame. Still very nice, though.
  • sufferlandrian
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I used to live in Oak Harbor Washington. I used to enjoy sunrises over the Cascade mountains from m living room window. I was on the wrong side of the island for sunsets though. Some spectacular sunsets from Deception pass. I did more boating and scuba diving back then.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    *does a cartwheel*
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Got a chatty one down here a few minutes ago. She asked for breakfast (at 4:21 a.m.), I said it will be at 7...and she stands there. Compliments my hair. Asks me what I'm doing and why I'm so busy. I said "I'm working, doing the nightly paperwork." (I was running my audit and for that 20 min or so, I actually am busy) She asks how long until breakfast. I again told her breakfast starts at 7. She then goes "So what IS up with your hair?" Wtf, do you mean "up"? I just said "I like it this way." She goes outside and comes back in saying she went out to smoke but it was too cold. Oooookaaaaay. She stands there. Compliments my hair again. Asks if I have a coat for her. I say no and eventually she wanders off.

:/
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Weird. Some people are just weird.
    One of my guests earlier, part of a group, part of which is staying at another hotel. She called the other hotel wanting to make the payment. They said they couldn't take a payment over the phone, but told her she should have US fax them HER credit card info. Um, no?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Ok, sleeves...puffy part attached to lower part. Not the greatest, coulda been worse...now to attach them to the bodice...
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Only 1.5 hours to go for me until 3 blissful days off. Picked up an OT shift on my days off and have a Thanksgiving dinner planned with family and hopefully a 4 hour hike if the weather co-operates!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Puppy with a crushed skull is finally starting to twitch when you touch it. I can't tell if that's an improvement or not.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    People are very weird.

@sufferlandrian :'(
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Picked up a bug from my son. I hate working sick but since I'm the only doctor on, I don't have much of a choice. :frowning:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    This has been the mondayest Saturday ever...I hope you feel better soon!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    This has been the mondayest Saturday ever...I hope you feel better soon!

It's EXACTLY how I'm feeling right now...
    It's technically my "Tuesday". Bright side: Upping my calories has me losing weight again!
    Part of me wants it explained how it works, but most of me doesn't give a flying smurf.
  • mikehardin62
    Options

You are right, bumper to bumper traffic on I-5 sucked to and from work each day. And at the time i lived in Renton, so it sucked even more.