The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I think, for me, upping my calories means fewer slip-ups, which will result in more loss. I'm at the point where I have to walk a fine line, because I WANT to keep a bigger deficit in order to lose more, but if I try to overdo it, I end up not being able to handle it and binging, or at least going way over my calories.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So, I decided to switch out one of my sleeping pills (I usually take 2) with a Melatonin. It seemed to be pretty effective. It felt...not as harsh? It's hard to explain that in terms of sleep, but that's the best I got.
  • mikehardin62
    mikehardin62 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    @mikehardin62 - I love Washington State but the Seattle area got too busy. It took an hour to commute from Woodinville to Everett. I do miss the Alpine Lakes Wilderness area though. I love where I'm at now too. It's incredible the number of mountains and lakes that are around here.

I live West of Seattle in Kitsap and I agree, it's very beautiful here but Seattle is very ugly at times with traffic. My gf lives right in the thick of it. Typically her commute to work from her place is 15 mins with light traffic. A few weeks ago due to some accidents and it being a Friday, it took her 2 hrs. Other than visiting her on the weekends, I try to avoid Seattle when I can.

Yea, i agree, i lived in Bremerton for a few year's and it was a drag...also i lived in
    So, I decided to switch out one of my sleeping pills (I usually take 2) with a Melatonin. It seemed to be pretty effective. It felt...not as harsh? It's hard to explain that in terms of sleep, but that's the best I got.

• mikehardin62
    Options
    O...Jennifer. ..my son is meds that i administrator to him. I get it.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I've taken melatonin before...I do believe it isn't for the long term though...fyi. My fiance is very anti any pill and he took a melatonin once after many sleepless nights (which is very rare for him) and he woke up the next day SO overcome with emotion. He was sobbing and called off work. It was NUTS. I had told him how "mild" melatonin was! That really cemented his dislike of pills...

Ok. I have an issue. We have a loose cat in the hallway and hisses when I come near. I have him trapped in our guest laundry area for now but there are two doors (stairwell and hallway) that people can open at anytime...I don't want to call animal control but I feel bad leaving him there...
  • mikehardin62
    Options
    I've taken melatonin before...I do believe it isn't for the long term though...fyi. My fiance is very anti any pill and he took a melatonin once after many sleepless nights (which is very rare for him) and he woke up the next day SO overcome with emotion. He was sobbing and called off work. It was NUTS. I had told him how "mild" melatonin was! That really cemented his dislike of pills...

Ok. I have an issue. We have a loose cat in the hallway and hisses when I come near. I have him trapped in our guest laundry area for now but there are two doors (stairwell and hallway) that people can open at anytime...I don't want to call animal control but I feel bad leaving him there...

Call animal control, let them deal with the cat! , get rid of it!
  • try_harderG
    try_harderG Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Night shift buddies... Hello!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hiya!

@Frankie_Felinius -what I would probably try to do is see if you can take a blanket and catch it in that. That way it can't scratch you. Then at least you can put it somewhere that's not a guest area.

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

@Frankie_Felinius -what I would probably try to do is see if you can take a blanket and catch it in that. That way it can't scratch you. Then at least you can put it somewhere that's not a guest area.

Seconded!
  • mikehardin62
    Options
    Hello gordon!...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Listening to the radio tonight. Small fire off of 1441, Firefighters still dealing with it. SO MANY RECKLESS DRIVERS! OMG! Two fights at two DIFFERENT bars. The WHOLE ENTIRE Rodriguez family has been pulled over I swear to GOD.

And this was all before midnight! O.o
  • mikehardin62
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    @mikehardin62 - I love Washington State but the Seattle area got too busy. It took an hour to commute from Woodinville to Everett. I do miss the Alpine Lakes Wilderness area though. I love where I'm at now too. It's incredible the number of mountains and lakes that are around here.

I live West of Seattle in Kitsap and I agree, it's very beautiful here but Seattle is very ugly at times with traffic. My gf lives right in the thick of it. Typically her commute to work from her place is 15 mins with light traffic. A few weeks ago due to some accidents and it being a Friday, it took her 2 hrs. Other than visiting her on the weekends, I try to avoid Seattle when I can.

Yea, i agree, i lived in Bremerton for a few year's and it was a drag...also i remember taking the fairy from kitsap to king county, and yes, that was also a drag...56minutes. ...didn't matter however you did it.

i

• try_harderG
    Options
    Hiya mike and Jennifer :)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    It's been overdose night around us. Is it a full moon and I missed it?? Sounds like even the cat has gone nuts lol!
  • mikehardin62
    Options
    What's up Gordon
  • mikehardin62
    Options
    Happy Friday To You Man!
  • mikehardin62
    Options
    Ok...its Saturday my bad
  • try_harderG
    Options
    It's Sunday here! All good just waiting to go home!
    You all good?
  • mikehardin62
    Options
    Hiya!

Exactly! !!Frankie! And no one gets hurt.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,211 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius - Too bad you don't have a second person. You could open the end door of the hallway and shoo the cat that direction. I do have to agree animal control may be your best bet. Around here, the animal control is quite helpful and they don't like to euthanize cats either so they try to get them to their owners or at least out of trouble.