The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It's Sunday here! All good just waiting to go home!
    You all good?
    Eh..not bad, just tired! But that's pretty much the story of my life, so if that's the worst thing going on with me right now, I'm not complaining!

• mikehardin62
    mikehardin62 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius - Too bad you don't have a second person. You could open the end door of the hallway and shoo the cat that direction. I do have to agree animal control may be your best bet. Around here, the animal control is quite helpful and they don't like to euthanize cats either so they try to get them to their owners or at least out of trouble.
    @Frankie_Felinius - Too bad you don't have a second person. You could open the end door of the hallway and shoo the cat that direction. I do have to agree animal control may be your best bet. Around here, the animal control is quite helpful and they don't like to euthanize cats either so they try to get them to their owners or at least out of trouble.

Same here, they try to find the owner or at least a home.
  • try_harderG
    try_harderG Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Well the sun's almost up, so.that's a good thing! ;)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well the sun's almost up, so.that's a good thing! ;)

Not here, looking at about 6 more hours of dark.
  • try_harderG
    Options
    Think of me as early rays of sunshine then?!
  • mikehardin62
    Options
    It's Sunday here! All good just waiting to go home!
    You all good?

I'm good Gordon...just chillin with you folks for the night
  • try_harderG
    Options
    Nice to have your company mike
  • mikehardin62
    Options
    You as well Gordon
  • try_harderG
    Options
    Thanks buddy
  • mikehardin62
    Options

It is night here in river city ssssooo, sun up comes much later Gordon
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,214 Member
    Options
    Looking at 7 more hours of dark here. Only 31 hours left in my shift. :smile: Yeah!!!! :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Kitty is in the back office. I brought some blankets up but decided I'd try to make friends and do it the nicer way first one more time. Success! Never even used the blanket! Took me like, ten minutes to make friends (luckily no one was waiting in the lobby for me). He is pretty timid and did not like being carried down four flights of stairs but the elevator is loud sooo....

He is hiding in the office now. He has to be a guest's cat...he was on fourth floor.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yeah! Success! :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Haha ok!
    Kitty is in the back office. I brought some blankets up but decided I'd try to make friends and do it the nicer way first one more time. Success! Never even used the blanket! Took me like, ten minutes to make friends (luckily no one was waiting in the lobby for me). He is pretty timid and did not like being carried down four flights of stairs but the elevator is loud sooo....

He is hiding in the office now. He has to be a guest's cat...he was on fourth floor.
    Glad you won him over! Is your place pet-friendly? Even if it is, at least they could keep it in the room...

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Someone will wake up missing him I'm sure. I have about 4.5 hours of dark left here but I'll be asleep (hopefully) before first light.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Yeah, we're pet friendly. I think he just slipped out unnoticed...he is a low, slinky kinda guy. :)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    My favorite are male silver tabby cats.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I'm partial to orange/yellow/peach mackerel tabby cats. I called them corn cats when I was little because there was a feral one that lived in the cornfield behind our house. My oldest kitty, Sonny, is a corn cat. I used to like grey cats but our cat Tube, who is an appleheaded grey classic tabby...put a bad taste in my mouth for grey cats. Our girl, Ruby, is a black/brown classic tabby. She is GORGEOUS...her marking are very distinct and her coat is always shiny. She has that sour face that a lot of girl kitties have, although she is sweet as sugar. I'd like an all black one for my my next one but that doesn't mean anything...if they aren't the right fit, fuggedaboutit...but luckily for me/unluckily for them, there are always a ton of black ones at the shelter to choose from.
  • zivauno
    zivauno Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trying to stay awake without energy drinks or coffee. HELP.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    It is 56 degrees out and you wonder why the A/C won't stay on?