• Vanessa414
    Options
    Copyofth_Happy_Birthday_Glitter_Cak.gif

Happy Birthday, Vanessa!

Thanks!!!!! :blushing:
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Okay Black team. I am sending my apologies for gaining weight this week. I was pouting because I have been kicking butt on the treadmill and thought I was doing all I was supposed to. After reviewing the last 7 days food log, I realized I wasn't eating all my calories. I feel like such a dork. This is my way to make a commitment to my teammates to do better.

Oh, and thanks Marla for the Abs challenge.:wink:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Vanessa, just wanted to add my birthday wishes to you. I wish I was good with the fancy graphics but I am not. So just HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Okay Black team. I am sending my apologies for gaining weight this week. I was pouting because I have been kicking butt on the treadmill and thought I was doing all I was supposed to. After reviewing the last 7 days food log, I realized I wasn't eating all my calories. I feel like such a dork. This is my way to make a commitment to my teammates to do better.

Oh, and thanks Marla for the Abs challenge.:wink:

Don't worry about it. A couple more of us gained this week also...me being the biggest gainer. I think I deserve a trophy.
  • HanksMama
    Options
    weighin in today at 208!!! Down 4lbs since our first weigh in!!!
    This is probably my first post here I really can't keep up with all the post, wtg girls!!! But I just wanted to pass on my info.
    I need to start on these challenges and get my butt into gear to exercise!! I really have only been losing this weight so far by watching what I eat and cutting back on my portions.
    Yesterday I was going through my closet and was pulling things off the shelf that I have not worn in awhile because they were way to tight or just didn't fit at all I was soooo excited to find out that alot of the things were too big!! YEAH I love to see results!!!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Vanessa!

happy-birthday.jpg
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    weighin in today at 208!!! Down 4lbs since our first weigh in!!!
    This is probably my first post here I really can't keep up with all the post, wtg girls!!! But I just wanted to pass on my info.
    I need to start on these challenges and get my butt into gear to exercise!! I really have only been losing this weight so far by watching what I eat and cutting back on my portions.
    Yesterday I was going through my closet and was pulling things off the shelf that I have not worn in awhile because they were way to tight or just didn't fit at all I was soooo excited to find out that alot of the things were too big!! YEAH I love to see results!!!

Good job, Katie! I love it when my clothes don't fit. :happy:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Tresa - WOO HOO! I hope the p-word has left you as well! Good job, lady!

Thanks Sara ... I hope so too ... although I am still not down to my "low bounce" weight yet!

I'll betcha your little bounce up is going to vanish pretty quick!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Vanessa!

happy-birthday.jpg

THanks!!!!!! :smooched:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Vanessa, just wanted to add my birthday wishes to you. I wish I was good with the fancy graphics but I am not. So just HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks Amanda! I don't need fancy graphics to feel the love!!! :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Tresa - WOO HOO! I hope the p-word has left you as well! Good job, lady!

Thanks Sara ... I hope so too ... although I am still not down to my "low bounce" weight yet!

I'll betcha your little bounce up is going to vanish pretty quick!

It better! I've been bouncing since the second week of December & I'm DONE! BAH!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Come on gang-- don't get down. Look how far you've come-- today we looked at pictures from our trip to Kentucky in September for the Junior Ryder Cup that my daughter played in-- it was phenomenal. I look like a sea cow-- truly. I looked at my log and see that I've lost 11 pounds since then, even with the holiday bump up-- so, fret not team.
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Ok, I didn't get my hands on the pics in my daughter's camera in time to make it into the last thread but I want a record for posterity of the beginning of my first BL challenge! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But first, to make me feel a little bit better about how I look now, muffin top and all, here is a pic from my highest weight. This was probably about 10 or so years ago and I think I weighed somewhere in the 220s but I am not totally sure because I never got on the scale back then.

dontbethisanymore.jpg

Now for a quick word of explanation about this picture ... we were horsing around at dance lessons the other night waiting for some more people to show up (which they never did ... holiday break in a college town!) and were playing with the night setting on DD's camera to make "ghosts" ... (see transparent hubby to my right!) I'm a little bit blurry and have a goofy expression ... but blurriness and goofiness are nothing new for me ... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SDC13627-1.jpg

Oooh sorry ... that first try was a humongous photo ... stupid photobucket! :laugh: And my second try is too small, but I can't get photobucket to let me make it any bigger ... grrr.

I'm excited to see a little bit of change by the end of this challenge!
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am impressed by everyone's success on here so far!! You know what impresses me the most though? Is everyone's honesty. I love that you are flat out say, "I didn't do that" or "I ate what I was not suppose to". I think that is exactly what we need to be able to do and I am not used to having so much support. I love just reading everyone's posts and listening to the discussions. You guys rock!!! I will be weighing in when I get home from work. Hopefully I show as much success as everyone!
  • tresa1234
    Options
    I just read a great article on here ... it was pretty far down in the thread list so I'm posting a link here to make sure we all have a chance to read it ...has to do with setting goal weights and what happens after you've lost a fair amount of weight ... interesting!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/34415-interesting-article-from-msn-com?page=1#posts-343353

I have to get up and do something pretty soon ... still feeling like a slug, though ... :laugh:

00020098.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Wow, I am impressed by everyone's success on here so far!! You know what impresses me the most though? Is everyone's honesty. I love that you are flat out say, "I didn't do that" or "I ate what I was not suppose to". I think that is exactly what we need to be able to do and I am not used to having so much support. I love just reading everyone's posts and listening to the discussions. You guys rock!!! I will be weighing in when I get home from work. Hopefully I show as much success as everyone!

I absolutely think that is the BEST thing about MFP! Love it, love it! I've never found this kind of great support anywhere and it really does help!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
  • fearlessliving
    fearlessliving Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Here is some motivation!

Today sucked. I've been out of work for 3 weeks due to snow, vacation and being sick. It seems like all **** hits the fan while I'm gone from work, so I'm always coming back to stressful situations. ANYWAY, to make a long story short, I got really upset with work today knowing what I have to deal with when I go back tomorrow and immediately my emotional eating symptoms started to kick into play. BUT instead of giving into bad eating habits and forgoing my exercise for the day, I decided to walk for 45 minutes on the treadmill and cried the whole time while doing it. Kind of therapeutic if I do say so myself. I'm proud of myself!

Let this be a lesson that no matter how ****ty the day has gone, you HAVE to look on the bright side. YOU come first in your life. No one else can take that from you. Don't let stress, emotions, people, anything get in the way of your goals.

- cj
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Here is some motivation!

Today sucked. I've been out of work for 3 weeks due to snow, vacation and being sick. It seems like all **** hits the fan while I'm gone from work, so I'm always coming back to stressful situations. ANYWAY, to make a long story short, I got really upset with work today knowing what I have to deal with when I go back tomorrow and immediately my emotional eating symptoms started to kick into play. BUT instead of giving into bad eating habits and forgoing my exercise for the day, I decided to walk for 45 minutes on the treadmill and cried the whole time while doing it. Kind of therapeutic if I do say so myself. I'm proud of myself!

Let this be a lesson that no matter how ****ty the day has gone, you HAVE to look on the bright side. YOU come first in your life. No one else can take that from you. Don't let stress, emotions, people, anything get in the way of your goals.

- cj

You should definitely be proud, CJ! That was exactly the right thing to do! I wish I remembered more often when I'm in the throes of a really bad day that exercise is going to make me feel infinitely better than trying to comfort myself with food, both in the short term and in the long term.

I hope today is going better for you! :flowerforyou:

:heart: Tresa