Fall Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• kiashar
    kiashar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also late but would like to join. Better late than never.
    Cw 271.6
    Gw 250
  • itsker56
    itsker56 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CW 269
    GW 253

I'm in!
  • rosepetalss
    rosepetalss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in, even though I am a little late.
    CW: 275
    GW: 265

Wooooo!
  • mquiles123
    mquiles123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    weighed in today at 123.8. yesterday was 123
  • hillcrestbaby
    hillcrestbaby Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    kiashar wrote: »
    I'm also late but would like to join. Better late than never.
    Cw 271.6
    Gw 250

Great! So glad you found us! All the best!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    mquiles123 wrote: »
    weighed in today at 123.8. yesterday was 123

Yay! Way to Go!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    I would love to join in, even though I am a little late.
    CW: 275
    GW: 265

Wooooo!

Hey Rosepetals....so glad you are here! Go back on some of my old posts and be encouraged! We are all in this together! All the best!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    itsker56 wrote: »
    CW 269
    GW 253

I'm in!

Welcome! All the best!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    Encouraging Word...ENCOURAGING WORD...

“Anxiety is the Handmaiden of Creativity” by TS Eliot

Come to the Surface

Just when you said to yourself..."I'm finally over this! I’m finished with late night binges and crazy consuming! I've got it together and I'm never going back to those old habits and old ways"...You find yourself full circle once again and wondering if this battle will ever end.

Don’t Panic! Don’t Worry! Don’t be Anxious! Where did that ever get you anyway, right? Take a deep cleansing breath of fresh air. It's Ok! You're Ok! I'm Ok! It may be for our good that all of this is coming to the surface again. Embrace the surface and rise to its occasion. Don’t take it as relapsing backward; look for a new and deeper fullness of understanding—Why do you do the things you do, but really don’t want to do them? I have heard once that the things we battle with the most are the very things that will strengthen and prepare us for the season ahead.

Come to the surface, lose the panic, worry and anxiety. Fill yourselves with peacefulness and an outpouring of creativity will flow!
  • omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Come to the Surface

Just when you said to yourself..."I'm finally over this! I’m finished with late night binges and crazy consuming! I've got it together and I'm never going back to those old habits and old ways"...You find yourself full circle once again and wondering if this battle will ever end.

Don’t Panic! Don’t Worry! Don’t be Anxious! Where did that ever get you anyway, right? Take a deep cleansing breath of fresh air. It's Ok! You're Ok! I'm Ok! It may be for our good that all of this is coming to the surface again. Embrace the surface and rise to its occasion. Don’t take it as relapsing backward; look for a new and deeper fullness of understanding—Why do you do the things you do, but really don’t want to do them? I have heard once that the things we battle with the most are the very things that will strengthen and prepare us for the season ahead.

Come to the surface, lose the panic, worry and anxiety. Fill yourselves with peacefulness and an outpouring of creativity will flow!

Yet another true one completely relevant to my current circumstances. I'm getting better, though, which I'm glad for.

That said, I gained a pound this week. So I'm 150.2 lbs. still at a net loss of 1 this month though so I'm fine. Just gotta tighten the reigns on myself and refocus, that's all. Not much more to go until I'm at my goal.
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options

Come to the Surface

Yet another true one completely relevant to my current circumstances. I'm getting better, though, which I'm glad for.

That said, I gained a pound this week. So I'm 150.2 lbs. still at a net loss of 1 this month though so I'm fine. Just gotta tighten the reigns on myself and refocus, that's all. Not much more to go until I'm at my goal.

Yes!! :)
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    ENCOURAGING WORD...

NO BETTER TIME THEN THE PRESENT: Our Fall Weight Loss Challenge, is an opportune time to break old bad habits and to begin to form new, beneficial ones. Many of the things that we can blame our circumstances on are simply bondages that have been formed from our habitual choices. You know...the ones that sneak up on you when you are not even looking!

Here is a typical sinario that could happen to any unsuspecting individual; You've planned a nice nutritious meal, you sit down to eat just the perfect amount...not too full, just satisfied. After dinner the phone rings...your sister calls to chat. You have a glass of wine, you chat a little longer so you top off for another glass. After the conversation ends and (three glasses later), you decide to relax in front of the TV to unwind (from that deep and heavy conversation) to a little Thursday night football. Hubby pours a bowl of peanuts and now you begin to nibble and nibble and nibble some more until...HELP the whole bowl of peanuts are consumed. Before you know it, you've consumed way too many calories all because of a one phone call!

Ever happen to you? I don't know if these kinds of situations arise for you and debunk your entire strategy for eating well, but these habitual choices need to curtail if you want to see the changes you desire.

TODAY...phone call or no phone call, crisis or no crisis, bad day at the office or not, there is no better time then the present to break old habits and form new beneficial ones!

Have strength today by making better decisions! Let's be Overcomers!
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    CW: 143
    GW: 120

Finally that annoying part of the month is over and I start losing again! I'm curious if I'll hit 140 ibs by the end of the month (still losing around 7-8 ibs a month as I fast, but I'm expecting this to slow down a bit now my deficit is smaller).

Well - River Island had a sale. I have a weakness for flared jeans/ trousers (and River Island. I've loved that place since I was 14), and ended up buying flared black trousers and a pair of very dark indigo jeans. Literally the last in stock of each pair was a size 10 R (UK size - so that's 6 for those in the US, and a regular leg length as I'm 5'6), so I took that as a sign. Two lovely pairs of trousers for £25, and both are staples for me. I used to live in jeans.

Anyway...can get them on but can't quite fasten them yet lol. I think in half a stone or whatever I will, but let's just say I'd like to fit in them by the end of November (and preferably with no visible muffin top).
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Finally had a woosh. I've only been losing a pound a week over the last two weeks but this week I lost 3 pounds. So I'm back on track. So that leaves 9 pounds in 5 weeks. That will be tight but possible. I might end up a pound short. We'll see.
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    CW: 143
    GW: 120

Finally that annoying part of the month is over and I start losing again! I'm curious if I'll hit 140 ibs by the end of the month (still losing around 7-8 ibs a month as I fast, but I'm expecting this to slow down a bit now my deficit is smaller).

Well - River Island had a sale. I have a weakness for flared jeans/ trousers (and River Island. I've loved that place since I was 14), and ended up buying flared black trousers and a pair of very dark indigo jeans. Literally the last in stock of each pair was a size 10 R (UK size - so that's 6 for those in the US, and a regular leg length as I'm 5'6), so I took that as a sign. Two lovely pairs of trousers for £25, and both are staples for me. I used to live in jeans.

Anyway...can get them on but can't quite fasten them yet lol. I think in half a stone or whatever I will, but let's just say I'd like to fit in them by the end of November (and preferably with no visible muffin top).

You CAN do this!!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    Current weight: 67.5kg
    Goal weight by end of November: 66.5kg

I will be happy just to lose 1kg. Going to new Zealand toward the end of November so I wont be weighing in on the 31st, probably the week before that. My weight hasn't budged for 2 months.. I've been so unmotivated and keep making excuses, but I really wanna get at least 1kg off in November. :D

You'll do it! Stay focused and your New Zealand trip should be a lot of motivation for you :)
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    Finally had a woosh. I've only been losing a pound a week over the last two weeks but this week I lost 3 pounds. So I'm back on track. So that leaves 9 pounds in 5 weeks. That will be tight but possible. I might end up a pound short. We'll see.

Yay! Great Job!
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sw132
    He 125
    This week...129.

This discussion has been closed.