Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Confession:

Last night I was watching this new show on the ID Channel True Nightmares, & they had this case on about a quack 'doctor' Linda Hazzard who ran a starvation clinic Wilderness Heights in the early 1900s. Basically she claimed that starving yourself would rid yourself of toxins; unfortunately, 40 of her victims died.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Hazzard#See_also

https://www.themedicalbag.com/despicabledoctor/linda-hazzard-the-starvation-doctor

I'm kinda sad I missed that. I was watching that channel last night but went to bed pretty early (got into bed at about 7 and read until 8).
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I had a pumpkin pie Quest bar today....and I must get more.....that is one of my favorites now!!

Awesome! Glad to hear it. I bought one for my mom to try because she loves that kind of stuff. I haven't heard if she ate it/liked it yet though. Hopefully she does/did too.

ETA: I just texted my mom to ask but she said she keeps forgetting she has it so she hasn't tried it yet.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I had a pumpkin pie Quest bar today....and I must get more.....that is one of my favorites now!!
    I do want to try this bar at least once.
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession:

Last night I was watching this new show on the ID Channel True Nightmares, & they had this case on about a quack 'doctor' Linda Hazzard who ran a starvation clinic Wilderness Heights in the early 1900s. Basically she claimed that starving yourself would rid yourself of toxins; unfortunately, 40 of her victims died.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Hazzard#See_also

https://www.themedicalbag.com/despicabledoctor/linda-hazzard-the-starvation-doctor

The crazy thing is so many people bought into this!

I agree.

I was shocked to read that she was sentenced to 20 years in jail & only had to serve two & had a full pardon. If something like this happened in today's time they would either receive life in prison or the death penalty.

I think every time I see someone mention starvation mode on here & that's why they cannot lose weight/gained weight I'll post one of these links.
    I think I remember hearing about hear when I was listening to Diet Cults on audiobook. I can't believe she got a full pardon.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    My son ate his pumpkin one this morning and said it was amazing as well.....need to go get a box of these tomorrow as they are limited
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Confession: I picked up 4 power bar Protein Plus bars at the race on Sunday because FREE.
    I've eaten one per day since Tuesday, and they are not my stomach's friend. I'm worried today because I'm sitting in a room alone. I can't pretend like that smell isn't me.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Confession: I picked up 4 power bar Protein Plus bars at the race on Sunday because FREE.
    I've eaten one per day since Tuesday, and they are not my stomach's friend. I'm worried today because I'm sitting in a room alone. I can't pretend like that smell isn't me.

Protein gas is real, man. Hahaha.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I think every time I see someone mention starvation mode on here & that's why they cannot lose weight/gained weight I'll post one of these links.

Please do!

The starvation mode nonsense I see on here makes me stabby.

As a recovered bulimic, they make me worse than shabby. I know what starving yourself looks and feels like. (Post away...

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    @rungirl1973, heed this advice. Deny, deny, deny.
    3uk9lldinudl.png
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    3uk9lldinudl.png

I am not even going to lie about all of the gas I've passed today. I had to let some rip in Wal-Mart (while no one was around of course) & overheard some man complaining that someone was blowing it up.

I can't believe I just admitted this haha.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    3uk9lldinudl.png

I am not even going to lie about all of the gas I've passed today. I had to let some rip in Wal-Mart (while no one was around of course) & overheard some man complaining that someone was blowing it up.

I've been doing this at work since I discovered my love for protein pancakes... I walk into the office hallway and then one of the sergeants will walk out and blame any/all of the male officers :lol:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    3uk9lldinudl.png

I've been doing this at work since I discovered my love for protein pancakes... I walk into the office hallway and then one of the sergeants will walk out and blame any/all of the male officers :lol:

Now that's funny!!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    3uk9lldinudl.png

Teehee
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

I'm sorry your stomach is not pleased, but that totally made me giggle :)
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    OOh have there been no posts since the 24th? Is this thread dying? Surely not?
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Funny story about wind (Gas). I once went to the ladies with two deaf friends and one hearing friend. We all went into our seperate cubicles and I heard one very loud fart, followed by another. When we all came out to wash our hands the other hearing lady and I were both stifling giggles but the deaf ladies did not know why. To this day I don't know who let off.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    No, we will not let this die @caddir. I can tell when people are busy though and this has been one of those weekends.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess that I regret skipping the gym for 7 weeks. I was sick for six of them and just had other things on the calendar last week, but I seriously regret it. I had to drop lots of weight on all of my lifts and I am getting sore already. But it does feel good to have gone back.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I confess that I regret skipping the gym for 7 weeks. I was sick for six of them and just had other things on the calendar last week, but I seriously regret it. I had to drop lots of weight on all of my lifts and I am getting sore already. But it does feel good to have gone back.

I can't work out at all when I am sick either, I do not know how people do that! Glad you are feeling better and are back at it!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

You'll build your strength back up. Just takes a little time. :smile:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

You'll build your strength back up. Just takes a little time. :smile:

I did it once, I will do it again. I hope to be back to where I was by the end of November. I won't risk an injury over it. I took about 20 minutes and did some good stretching before bed and the soreness is not as bad this morning as I thought it would be.