Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Replies

• 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    I did really good yesterday, best day in a very long time. I didn't eat any junk food. Passed on the big bowl of candy (chocolate) left on my desk by my "Secret Spook" at work and brought it home. Brought home a "big cookie" left over from work lunch without taking one single bite and gave it to my husband. Skipped on sweets and no ice cream before bed...ate a bowl of Quaker Instant Oatmeal - Weight Control instead. Went to the gym (YES...THE GYM) last night and walked on treadmill for 30 minutes using the Cardio setting. Hit over 9000 steps on my FitBit Flex. That was a lot for me. I was sweating and my legs felt like rubber, but I did it! Sorry for the novel, but these are huge achievements in my world so I just had to tell someone!

CONGRATS on your achievements :) woohoo to you!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member

J4T (Wednesday):
    • Journal every single bite - Done
    • Stay away from refined sugars again today - Did much better than normal. Was aware and only had one fun size Twix from the Halloween bowl my husband has sitting on our counter! UGH.
    • Do my best today teaching a new class and try to cut myself some slack if it doesn't go perfectly - Class was far from perfect but I did my best teaching it for the first time, and next time will be better, right? :smile:
    • Take 30 minutes of "me" time tonight before bed - MAJOR FAILURE on this one.

J4T (Thursday)
    • Journal every single bite
    • WATER, WATER, WATER....
    • Stay away from candy
    • 30 minutes of walking tonight
    • 30 minutes of "me" time tonight to recharge

Happy Friday Eve everyone! :smiley:

Tracie In WI

• provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    • Have a cup of herbal tea after work, not a glass of wine
    • Eat a vegetable after work. Brush teeth after.
    • Go to my home office to destress after work. Don't hang out near kitchen.
    • Chew gum while cooking and cleaning kitche
    n.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    J4T Wednesday
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work :smile:
    2. Focus on sticking to calorie goals one meal at a time - 2 out of three meals
    3. Pre log food and stick to the plan - hit a little bump at lunch and ate too much, but then I was able to regroup at dinner and I came in at 2 calories under my goal! It was a struggle, but now I am very happy that I don't have to go to bed guilty! :smiley:
    4. Ask God for help to remember WHY I am doing this. :smile: :smile: :smile:

J4T Friday
    1. Get up early enough to put together good meals to take with me.
    2. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work.
    3. Focus on sticking to calorie goals one meal at a time
    4. Be VERY CAREFUL TO AVOID HALLOWEEN TREATS.
    5. Sign up for 5k race on Saturday.
    6. Work on daughters costume.
    7. Fold laundry and tidy up a bit.
    8. Run to God when the going gets tough.

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Tomorrow I will

Wake up earlier
    go to the gym
    buy two items for my costume
    eat healthy things
    Watch Hocus Pocus (didnt get to watch on tv. Love it)

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    edited October 2015
    WellingTX wrote: »

For today:

I will stay under my calorie goal for the fourth day in a row not overindulge.
    I will work out for 90 minutes
    I will be patient in all aspects of my life
    I will make today a productive day at work.
    I am expressing gratitude for 23 years of marriage to my beautiful wife.

Another great day

Well under my calorie goal, no overindulging.
    Worked out for 104 minutes including a 3.55 mile walk at 16:24 mile pace
    Was patient on the road and had a very productive work day

For today:

I will stay under my calorie goal for the fifth day in a row and not overindulge in any single food.
    I will work out for 90 minutes
    I will be patient in all aspects of my life
    I will make today a productive day at work but will wind it down around 3:00
    I am expressing gratitude for the advice off of one of the Podcasts I follow: "You are all you need." Very applicable to me in that for years I chased the "why" of my diet and exercise shortfalls. For me, the "why" didn't matter. What did is my mindset moving forward.
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Just for today....I will up my weights for my back work out and do drop sets if needed. I will make sure to not go over my carb count.
  • jenean52
    jenean52 Posts: 80 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. Bike 40 min
    2. Drink 9 glasses of water
    3. Reach protein goal
    4. Relaxing thoughts.
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    This is a continuation of a thread I started a thread late October, and another one in January and February, to try to stay on track, "JUST FOR A DAY".

We have had over 500 replies each month, so I am going to restart this each month. This has helped me tremendously, to start each day new. It has kept me going, and to keep on trying, one day at a time. And, I've met some wonderful friends along the way! Reading others goals for just one day has given me so much inspiration and goals to set for myself.

If I can do this for JUST ONE DAY, well, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help me to develop better habits for my life, taking this one day at a time.

So each day I am going to post what I would like to accomplish. While I post my "Just for today" list, I am also going to post how I did the day before, so I am accountable to you guys as well.

Would anyone like to join me!! I am always so encouraged reading others goals, and together, we can all reach our goals for 2015 and beyond. I hope to keep doing this, starting a new thread each month.

March is a new month, a fresh start!

To bookmark this new thread, just click on the little yellow star. That book marks it, so you can find it easy. When you go to post again, to the right at the top of your page is a bell, a star, and a little flower. Click on the star, and it will show your book marked threads.

Anyone can join!

I would like to not go over my calorie intake by not buying coffees.
  • taypop5
    taypop5 Posts: 41 Member
    This is exactly the help I need...i get almost..."intimidated" by my goals and end up saying "ahh f*** it! - this isn't gonna harm my goal"...here is am 5lbs heavier then when I started.

So JUST FOR ONE DAY (today - friday) I am going to have iron will and stick to my calorie budget. I will not overeat and listen to my body. I will feel proud to be part of such a large support system and allow it to motivate me to my end goals.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Busy day today, as DIL and grandsons are flying in tonite. I did really well yesterday until evening. My daughter had opened up the bag of halloween candy - and had some! But, the good thing was that I STOPPED after 3 pieces. Granted, it threw my sugar and carbs out the window, but, it could have been worse. So I have to look at the good side of all this. A year ago, I would have just kept eating. Now, I am learning, one day at a time, that having a few pieces of candy will not throw me off my healthy eating plan.

so just for today

1. Back on track with low carbs, no sugar. Tomorrow and tonite I may go off again, but tell myself that it is OK.
    2. remember water!!

• shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Busy day today, as DIL and grandsons are flying in tonite. I did really well yesterday until evening. My daughter had opened up the bag of halloween candy - and had some! But, the good thing was that I STOPPED after 3 pieces. Granted, it threw my sugar and carbs out the window, but, it could have been worse. So I have to look at the good side of all this. A year ago, I would have just kept eating. Now, I am learning, one day at a time, that having a few pieces of candy will not throw me off my healthy eating plan.

so just for today

1. Back on track with low carbs, no sugar. Tomorrow and tonite I may go off again, but tell myself that it is OK.
    2. remember water!!

Have fun with your family! And, yay! for stopping after 3. :smiley:
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr wrote: »
    shrcpr wrote: »

JFT, 10/28

:) 1. Stay within calorie goal
    :) 2. Insanity Max 30 workout
    :) 3. Walk the dogs

JFT, 10/29

:) 1. Stay within calorie goal
    :) 2. Insanity Max 30 workout - only two more days of this program left!!
    :) 3. Walk the dogs

Hmm. Today seems a lot like yesterday.

Anyone want to guess what my JFT 10/30 goals are?
  • shrcpr
    And, you guessed it:

JFT, 10/30

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Insanity Max 30 workout - last day of the program!
    3. Walk the dogs
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member

J4T (Thursday)
    • Journal every single bite - Done
    • WATER, WATER, WATER.... Epic FAIL
    • Stay away from candy Done!
    • 30 minutes of walking tonight Another Epic Fail but to be fair, I'm sick right now.
    • 30 minutes of "me" time tonight to recharge Didn't happen

J4T (Friday)

Journal my intake
    WATER, WATER, WATER! PRIORITY TODAY.
    No candy or ice cream
    Rest and try to get over this cold

Happy day, everyone!

Tracie In WI
  • ChaoticSilhouette
    ChaoticSilhouette Posts: 36 Member
    Bravo on a wonderful thread.

Just for today, I will....
    Quit after 4 cups of coffee
    Drink at least 4 bottles of water
    Pre-log everything
    Make (and drink) smoothies for 2 meals
    Not eat that leftover pizza
    Freeze the leftover pizza
    Log any extras
    Complete at least 80% of my daily to-do list
    Try to be asleep by midnight
  • lhermo
    lhermo Posts: 23 Member
    As a super commitment-phobe, I love this one day goal approach!

Today I will:

- Eat what I brought for lunch and not go out
    - Only have one after dinner snack
    - Not have my typical Friday night drinks
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    On the Food Diary what does the green circle with the checkmark in it next to the food item you selected mean?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member

JFT Wednesday, 10/28
    1) See surgeon about fractured wrist
    2) Buy new underwear
    3) Eat breakfast

^Did that

Today I arranged for pre op testing.

JFT (tomorrow) Saturday, 10/31
    1) Apple one-to-one
    2) clean apartment
    3) Limit caffeine
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    On the Food Diary what does the green circle with the checkmark in it next to the food item you selected mean?

I believe it means that the moderators of MFP have verified that the info is correct.