November 2015 Running Challenge

Stoshew71
Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
edited October 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi everyone. This is a continuation from the October (2015) Running Challenge which can be found at:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10261576/october-2015-running-challenge/

Anyone can join in. New & Old. And if you found this thread late, you can join in at any time.
We have members that are total beginners all the way to marathon maniacs and beyond. We are a friendly and encouraging bunch.

Here the details from last month that applies here again.

Anybody want to join me for a running challenge? Set a goal here and mark it every day here. OPTIONAL: You can post your progress by creating a ticker at http://www.tickerfactory.com (If creating ones seems difficult, then don't let that stop you. Just type in your daily miles here.)

You can run, walk, or do treadmill. Just be consistent. I am setting a goal for 180 miles (I have a HM race this month and will begin tapering for my full in early December). However, don't let that worry you. Some can do 25, 50; whatever you like. We can help motivate each other. What do you say? if you are new to running, set a low goal. (You can also log your miles in km's if you choose.)

You can set your goal now but wait until Sunday November 1st to log your runs.

Also, don't forget to join our group which can be found at:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21182-monthly-running-challange

There you will find lots of good info, and it's a place where everyone can talk to each other for further motivation. It's also a place to find help when there is a problem with this thread.

*******OPTIONAL TICKER*************
Info on tickers since I know there will be questions. Sign up for an account http://www.tickerfactory.com and create your ticker.
Then you need to update it after you do a run and post it here. Here is what you will need to do.

After setting up your ticker, you will need to make note of the weblink they give you so you can return. An example would be:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/exercise/w6K1EiX/ <<<< the last part will be a part of the image link (explained below) that will be supplied to you after you initially create your link.

When you return to TickerFactory with the weblink, go to your settings page. Make sure you type your pin in that you set when you created your ticker account.
Then where it says "Your current cumlative value, there is an add button. Just add what you just did and the cumlative value automatically changes. Then hit next.

Now after you added your new miles (or km's) to your ticker you need to post it here.

After you hit next, it will give you a bunch of codes suggesting on how to display your ticker.
Use the one at the bottom where it says Direct Image URL:

It will look something like:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png

To display that correctly in your post, make sure you place the img tags around that link. So it will look, (removing the spaces in the img tags):

[ img ] http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png [ /img ]

^^^^^^^ Don't forget to remove the spaces between the brackets. ^^^^^^^^^^

Some key things to pay attention to when posting your ticker.

1: Use the link that ends in .png
2. Remember the [ img] and [ /img] tags go in between the link
3. remove the spaces in the img tags before posting
4. YES, there is a / in the second /img tag

Good luck! And happy running (or walking or treadmilling, ect). If you have any trouble or have questions, please feel free to PM me.

Stan

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited October 2015
    In for 85 miles!

This is quite a drop from October, but I have a pheasant hunting trip, a deer hunting trip, and a trip to visit my daughter in college so that will limit my running time.
  • Ericsmi
    Ericsmi Posts: 128 Member
    Going to try again for the 70 I didn't reach last month.
  • GPlainJD
    GPlainJD Posts: 1 Member
    I am in for 83 miles.
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    I am in for 75 miles.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Every month I keep saying that I am going to participate in this challenge, but I am too lazy to do the ticker thing. So this is my first month at actually giving it a try, which is ironic because I just completed a marathon in October and am on a trend of decreasing my mileage. I did hit personal highs of 200 and 205 miles in August and September. October has been a little light due to tapering and post race recovery, so I will be finishing in somewhere around 100 miles after tomorrow's run. Going to shoot for a conservative 120 in November. Hopefully it will be more. Now to see if this ticker thing is actually going to work...

exercise.png
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Going to be a bit conservative and say 90. If I can get in a few long runs on weekends, should be 100+.
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    I'm in for another 100 officially, with a stretch goal of 110. I really need to up my mileage so I can work on my half marathon goals, but I'm finding it really difficult to find the time.

exercise.png
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    I'm in for 60. Only 5 more miles than my October target but I'm going to Cabo so my mileage won't be as high one week.

exercise.png
  • Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    Since I'm not a HUGE runner yet (even though I want to be) I'll go for 30 miles this month

Lmao my amount looks so weak compared to everyone else's :#
  • JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    November goal - 2 marathons (Madison & Philly), 200 miles, and running every 26 out of the 30 days.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    edited October 2015
    nocull wrote: »
    Since I'm not a HUGE runner yet (even though I want to be) I'll go for 30 miles this month

@nocull Hey, I'm glad you are here. I'm just getting back into running, basically starting over. I'm in for 30 miles with you. See...you're never alone. :smiley:

exercise.png
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    I'm going to shoot for 100 miles, I will walk 60 and run 40
  • InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member
    In for 40 miles of running in preparation for my Turkey Trot!

exercise.png
  • Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    nocull wrote: »

@nocull Hey, I'm glad you are here. I'm just getting back into running, basically starting over. I'm in for 30 miles with you. See...you're never alone. :smiley:

exercise.png

@chandramiller68 alright, I'm glad to hear it! It's nice to have someone to fight this battle with :) my biggest issue is for sure going to be motivation haha
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Runner4766 wrote: »
    November goal - 2 marathons (Madison & Philly), 200 miles, and running every 26 out of the 30 days.

Geesh, that's a lot of running! I have only run 6.3 miles since my marathon almost 2 weeks ago. I need recovery! I don't know how you Marathon maniacs do it!!
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm in for my original goal of 75 miles with that being split 44 run/31 walk. I actually think it will be higher but I HATE not making a goal so I'm keeping it low until I know for sure that my head is all the way in regardless of the weather!

exercise.png[img][/img]
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Still working on my Oct goal, but... 1 last long run and final week of training, 2 weeks of tapering, 1 marathon and then recovery for the last 8 days of the month... so I'm thinking 150 miles may be a stretch but why not?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    I'll bargan for ....…um.... *shake the lazies* 80+
  • CLEgirl
    CLEgirl Posts: 23 Member
    I'm going for 90 miles. Mostly on treadmills. Can't wait for spring!
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    November goal is 110km :smiley: