Options
    In for 75 again!

Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date:

exercise.png
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEj_zLVaJ_c

180 BMP for those of us who need a reference or something to listen to. It has also helped me understand the discussion held a few days ago about the difference between cadence, pace, and stride length. Until I heard this I just didn't get it. I do now!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I spent most of yesterday traveling back home from a week long training event, so I ended up doing my long run today instead of yesterday. Bad for adding miles to October, but nice for starting out November ;)

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 110... Cutback month for me
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    180 BMP for those of us who need a reference or something to listen to. It has also helped me understand the discussion held a few days ago about the difference between cadence, pace, and stride length. Until I heard this I just didn't get it. I do now!

Wow! Thanks for sharing that.. It's pretty fast!
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    In for 50 miles again this month :grin:
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    First 5 done.
    exercise.png
    [/url]
  • ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 50 miles this month, 10 more than last month. It may be overly ambitious since I'm starting the month with a very bad cold and am not sure I'll even be able to walk around the block today.

exercise.png
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 110 miles combined running and walking in preparation for my Turkey Trot.

exercise.png

11/1 - 5.62 miles (3.18 running, 2.44 walking)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 110 miles combined running and walking in preparation for my Turkey Trot.

exercise.png

11/1 - 5.62 miles (3.18 running, 2.44 walking)
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    11/1: 22 miles

WHEW, IT IS DONE. This is my longest training run to date and my best training season ever. No sidelining injuries, managed to get all my long runs in (1x18, 2x20, 1x22), and my LR pace has dropped almost 1 min/mile since my last training cycle. Though this run was a bit tough, I managed to keep a pretty consistent pace. No signs of cramping which means my fueling strategy should on point for race day. Usually my last long run fills me with doubt and/or dread, but this time it has been a big confidence booster. I'd have added another mile on if I hadn't had to run uphill to do so ;) Now just one more high mileage week before tapering for the last two weeks before Philly on Nov 22!

22/150

exercise.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 75 in November. I didn't hit goal last month but did a lot more biking so I'm okay with it.
    I usually bike both Sat and Sun but I have a couple weekends where I can't so I should be running more on the weekends.

exercise.png

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Since we are closing in on pie season I've decided to, at least, do some treadmill walking on rest days. I'm hoping to trick myself in to treadmill running.. I also have 2 days a week of traveling to Dallas (not burning any calories on those days sitting for 5 hours).

1-2.65 treadmill walk
    2- rehab/travel

2.65/80+

Upcoming races:

3/19/16 Rock N Roll 5K Dallas
    3/20/16 Rock N Roll Half Dallas
    4/24/16 OKC Memorial
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    11 tips for having a great long run
    http://www.shutupandrun.net/2015/10/my-11-tips-to-having-most-kick-*kitten*-long.html?m=1

Perhaps the best list of tips I've come across ;-)
  • AGxx11
    AGxx11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Joined the October forum about a week and a half ago. Fully committed for November! My goal is 30miles. I've been running for about 4 months. Just did a 5k road race today! Connecticut Law Enforcement Memorial Run to be exact. Finished in 32:11!! My goal for my next 5k is 30:00 which is in 3 weeks! Wish me good luck!
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    11 tips for having a great long run
    http://www.shutupandrun.net/2015/10/my-11-tips-to-having-most-kick-*kitten*-long.html?m=1

Perhaps the best list of tips I've come across ;-)

I just clicked and it says the page does not exist. I tried viewing it as the webpage and that says the same thing :(
    ETA**Scratch that....you have to click HOME to see it. My bad!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween. My internet hasn't been working so I'm on my phone - I'll catch up on everyone's posts as soon as I can!

I had a great run this morning to start off November. I also want to reset my November target to 75 miles from 60 - that'll push me more.

It was misty but beautiful this morning and the leaves were all over the place. I took this totally cliche picture on my cool down because I loved the colors so much.

32zekuhyf1nh.jpeg

I'll get to everyone's posts and update my ticker as soon as my computer is back up. Now off to watch football!

11/01: 6.19
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @7lenny7 thanks for the tips.
    @virkati i just checked it and you're right it does not load, but then, being a smart-***-techy :) i looked at the url and saw a few ****** there, i thought, hmm, what could those be, let me try putting "*kitten*" instead of the asterisks and it worked believe it or not :) this is the URL: http://www.shutupandrun.net/2015/10/my-11-tips-to-having-most-kick-*kitten*-long.html?m=1

My first group run. There were four of us. really nice people. went for coffee afterwards. Very good experience and I will definitely repeat.

11/1 4.71 miles

exercise.png
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @virkati i see, i guess mfp takes away "bad" words and places asterisks instead. the word instead of the ***** is A S S