November 2015 Walking Challenge

Options
Beeky85 wrote: »
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but it’s nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

:# good luck B)
Just getting started and ready for November, mark your spot, get your shoes ready and let's walk!
ub8y95u4aamh.gif

Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for continuing this!! xoxo
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    Thanks for continuing this!! xoxo

You are most welcome! I would be lost without the walking challenge to keep me going!
  • scolaris
    Options
    I think a lot of us feel much the same alpha!
  • winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Beeky85 wrote: »
    This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but it’s nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

:# good luck B)
    Just getting started and ready for November, mark your spot, get your shoes ready and let's walk!
    ub8y95u4aamh.gif

I'm in. See you on Monday (tomorrow is my day off for exercise)...I'm currently in a fit bit challenge so I wouldn't be surprised if I go for a walk lmao! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    I'll join. I walked 2.5 miles this morning.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Miaslifejourney
    Miaslifejourney Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need to start somewhere.
  • lhj385
    lhj385 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in, walked 5 1/2 this morning. Not sure about tomorrow yet but will fit a walk in somewhere. Happy November!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I am in again. Traveling tomorrow will post when I get home.
  • painlesslife
    painlesslife Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im in. 10 km today.
  • tmccarty690
    tmccarty690 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new and I'm in. I ❤️ to walk!
  • justrying2015
    justrying2015 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Fell of the wagon last week or so in Oct challenge, but in for Nov
  • sodonovan74
    sodonovan74 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    I need to get back on track. This seems like a good start. :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

:) Thanks for starting this.....I'll be walking and posting again this month.

I carry a pedometer all day, so I'll be posting all my steps for the day.
  • justrying2015
    justrying2015 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    1 Nov 6.13 miles

• ntinggale1
    ntinggale1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll be walking today, thanks for starting this I need all the motivation I can get.
  • jewelstam
    jewelstam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I will join the challenge! I definitely need to move more. My initial goal will be minimum three days a week, 30 minutes but I sure hope to underpromise and over deliver!
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    A great way to track your walks and runs I the Nike plus or Runtastic apps! The NP app will let you know when you've reached a mile each time!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    11/1/15 16,875 steps - 8.17 miles. 2:19'01" 730 calories. 2 (3 lbs) weights Neighborhood +
    I normally would rest on Sunday, but Mom got me up at 3 AM in pain so we did not have a normal day. I decided also that with the weather getting worse as the days wear on, I would take my walks when and where I can get them.
  • scolaris
    Options
    Smart! Hope your mum feels better soon...