Fall Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• hillcrestbaby
    hillcrestbaby Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    ENCOURAGING WORD...

What Is Mindful Eating?
    Have you ever finished a meal and had trouble remembering exactly what you ate? Our eating behaviors are created from years of repeated actions. There are small actions we can focus on in order to change these habits.

As we go through our FALL WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE, remember the importance of mindful eating. Mindful eating is focusing on an awareness of what's happening--it should be a joyful experience. It is about the EVENT (the eating itself), that you are doing and not a side thing. For example; watching TV-- this is the main event, but when you add nibbling on snacks you've brought about eating to become an automated response that can easily lead to consuming too much!

Make your eating (when you eat) the main event, where you become mindful with everything you are putting in your mouth. Enjoy this event with family and friends where you can enjoy the moment and the food. If you are alone, make it special! Set your place at the table, sit down to lovely music while you dine, and enjoy your healthy food choices while being mindful in the moment.

Be Mindful with mindful eating!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    Would love to join for the 5 weeks till 11/30.
    CW: 135.5
    GW: 128
    Welcome and all the best!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    chi2teach wrote: »
    SW (October 1): 181 lbs
    CW: 178 lbs
    GW (November 31): 170 lbs

Looking for MFP friends too. Add me if you like.
    47. High school teacher. Mom of 2 teenage girls. Wife. Joined a gym 3 months ago. Looking for healthy eating ideas. Desire to be active. Started at 197 on July 3. Down almost 20 pounds. Want someone to support you? Add me.

Julie
    South Florida

Great job!! Keep it going!!
  • xcoffeebean
    xcoffeebean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    After reading the mindful eating post I can't help but wonder outloud.. I take care of kids & understand how frustrating it is to try and have them eat something nutritious in a seated time frame. Left to their own devices they'd make a plate last half a day, spontaneously nibbling a bite here or there on their way to various activities. I wonder if they are naturally correct in doing so however..

I wonder if my habit of sitting and making eating an event (followed closely by more delicious events) was drilled into me by good willed parenting (or irritation, haha) rather than having learned to accept my fleeting moods and interests as a child innately does.

Does this make sense to anyone else? Thoughts or inputs are welcome
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    After reading the mindful eating post I can't help but wonder outloud.. I take care of kids & understand how frustrating it is to try and have them eat something nutritious in a seated time frame. Left to their own devices they'd make a plate last half a day, spontaneously nibbling a bite here or there on their way to various activities. I wonder if they are naturally correct in doing so however..

I wonder if my habit of sitting and making eating an event (followed closely by more delicious events) was drilled into me by good willed parenting (or irritation, haha) rather than having learned to accept my fleeting moods and interests as a child innately does.

Does this make sense to anyone else? Thoughts or inputs are welcome

Well, I'm not completely sure...but one thing I know personally is that I have developed habits of nibbling around the TV as an adult and this is what gets me into trouble with weight gain. My point of the mindful eating is only to gear us in developing healthier habits while making our meal time a time where we do nutritious eating.

Raising boys (long time ago), I do know that we had specific 3 meal times...but we also had snack times too after school (usually always eaten around the table) talking about the days event. When it comes to kids nibbling their actual meal here and there could possibly become a pattern later on, but ultimately, I think it becomes a parental decision on what is best for the child.
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    ENCOURAGING WORD...

WHAT'S THE WEATHER LIKE WHERE YOU ARE? It's going to be sunny and clear here! Is it cloudy where you are at? Metaphorically speaking, are your days getting cloudy? In a world inundated with so much information, it can be easy for our thoughts to get clouded concerning our weight loss goals. What we should or should not eat, If should exercise moderately or exercise to extreme, whether organic is better than non, etc., etc...

When our minds are not clear in thought, we lose our purpose and become clouded to our vision. What's your vision these days? Has it you become clouded?

Strive to be focused so that you can stay connected with a vision and purpose of your life and be ready to receive the wisdom and direction that you need that will work for you!

REMEMBER, everyBODY is different and each will require different approaches to their healthy lifestyle plan. Seek out the best one for you and once you find it, stay on track. There are an over-abundance of things that can and will distract you from your direction, so continue to be mindful and careful about your approach.

Have a happy and healthy Wednesday!
  • ReadyForWeightLoss
    ReadyForWeightLoss Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sw: 266.6lbs
    1st wk: 260.8
    2nd wk: 258.4
    3rd wk: 255.8
    4th wk: 250.8
    Original gw by Nov 31st: 250.0
    New gw: 240.0
  • kailaishot
    kailaishot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just found the community posts and could like to join!
    SW:138.1
    GW:130

Total:8.1
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »

so SW 200.2
    CW 195
    GW for challenge is 185

loss is 5.2lbs.

CW 194.8
    2oz loss giving total of 5.4 lost. I am going to weigh again in a few days, as I am a bit bloaty
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    Sw: 266.6lbs
    1st wk: 260.8
    2nd wk: 258.4
    3rd wk: 255.8
    4th wk: 250.8
    Original gw by Nov 31st: 250.0
    New gw: 240.0

Very good!!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    kailaishot wrote: »
    I just found the community posts and could like to join!
    SW:138.1
    GW:130

Total:8.1

Great! Welcome!! Stay connected and go back and read all my old posts! You may find them encouraging for the journey!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options

so SW 200.2
    CW 195
    GW for challenge is 185

loss is 5.2lbs.

CW 194.8
    2oz loss giving total of 5.4 lost. I am going to weigh again in a few days, as I am a bit bloaty

Very good!!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    ENCOURAGING WORD...

Many of you may have had to deal with hindrances, but our time is now and I believe we will be able to break through barriers with very little effort! It might take some planning and diligence, however. Let's take the day and be glad and thankful that we are going to put those nagging things behind us!!

Have a beautiful day!
  • orchidbutterflies
    orchidbutterflies Posts: 59 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I forgot to weigh back in, whoops!
    I'll join!

I only update my weight "officially" on here once a month so it syncs with the scale at my doctors office. However, I will do this challenge based on what I weigh on my personal scale.

CW: 274 lbs
    CGW: 260 lbs

I'll update again on Monday since that is the "official" weigh-in day.

SW: 274
    CW: 265
    GW(for challenge): 260
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    ENCOURGING WORD...

Sometimes it's easy to feel sorry for ourselves when things are not going as quickly as possible. Refuse to feel sorry or lose hope. Rise up in the strength. Do not underestimate the power of your desire to achieves your goals. You are not alone! Stay connected and keep up your hard work!

Happy Saturday!
  • clarice6149
    clarice6149 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks hillcrestbaby, and I'm not going to have that first piece of candy tonight while we're giving it out to the kids!
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    rune1990 wrote: »
    My official start weight is 190...!

CW-182.6
    MiniGW-178

It's looking good! And I have exercised at LEAST every other day. Truly it has made it much easier to enjoy this way of eating.
  • omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1st November: 148

Weight lost/gained this week: -1.2 lbs
    Weight lost/gained this month (October): -3

Successes/struggles this week: I almost lost myself but I picked myself right back up when I saw myself becoming obsessive and slipping. I've started taking better care of myself, deciding when I have to wake up earlier on Saturdays for school and still want to hang out with my friends later it's okay to take a nap, that in fact I should probably prioritize an hour or two nap over the gym as sleep contributes to my health just as much as fitness. That in turn has hoped solve any anxiety issues I've been having; now they're lighter and less frequent. Furthermore my cravings have declined since as well. I also don't use the gym and allotted calories as an excuse to eat more and badly like I have been for a little while now. These past two weeks have been insightful and time of reformation. No I didn't meet my goal, but considering I was only two pounds away and I overcame what was setting me back: I think it's safe to say I still met the end of October with success.
  • shapsmd
    shapsmd Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I've had a hard October with multiple trips for pleasure and work. I'd like to hop on the Fall Weight Loss Challenge for November!

CW: 175.5
    GW (Nov 30st): 168
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well it's technically Monday and since I have to be out the door early tomorrow morning, here's my weight from my Sunday weigh in.

SW: 129lbs
    CW: 124lbs
    GW: 119lbs

So 5lbs lost during the first month of this challenge. I'm hoping I can repeat that again during the second month of this weight loss challenge.

I'm very happy to have reached the original goal I set out for myself of slimming down to 125lbs, but now I'm on to my first stretch goal of going down to 119lbs. We'll see if my stomach is where I want it to be once I reach 119lbs, if not, it's on to stretch goal number two of 115lbs.
This discussion has been closed.