Personal Trainer & Weight Management Certified here to help!

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    All this talk of clotted cream and all I can think is The Goodies - Bunfight at the OK Tearooms
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Never had clotted cream. Should I go for the Double?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Double cream is like heavy cream

Clotted cream is more like a soft butter

Scone recipe should have buttermilk in it

Jam should be quality strawberry, or raspberry at a pinch

And the tea Assam

At least that's what you'd have in my kitchen :)
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    asimmons26 wrote: »
    Most calorie strategies for weight loss have a downfall. The reason is all calories are not created equal. Your best bet is to just worry about eating clean and drinking half your body weight in ounces of water each day. Your BMR doesn't stay the same. (As you stated) The better fit or unfit you become you would need to recalculate everything. Temperature also changes your BMR so to go strictly off of a calculation like TDEE would need to be an estimate only. Don't even bother with that. Stay away from whites (rice, bread, pasta). These should only be eaten for special occasions. Replace these with Ezekiel bread, quinoa, etc. Get creative with your veggies, no butter. Your veggies should be the biggest portion on your plate.

i feel sorry for the cultures where rice is the staple diet.
    I've done curls with 50lb rice bag at home.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

You weren't curling white rice, were you? Only curling brown rice is healthy. :D
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I drink nonhomogenized milk. There is often a layer of cream on top of it. It is so good spread on bread. It sounds like that is similar (maybe the same as?) clotted cream.

The cream on top of the jam is interesting.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

And the tea Assam

I'll be there in the morning.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I just made homemade roasted garlic butter, it's great on toast! ALL THE BUTTERRRRRRRR
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I'm bothered when someone with weight to lose, full of enthusiasm but with outdated or misinformed ideas about weight loss, is attacked on the forums. But this, this made me proud to be part of the MFP community.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I drink nonhomogenized milk. There is often a layer of cream on top of it. It is so good spread on bread. It sounds like that is similar (maybe the same as?) clotted cream.

The cream on top of the jam is interesting.

#nonhomo
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Most calorie strategies for weight loss have a downfall. The reason is all calories are not created equal. Your best bet is to just worry about eating clean and drinking half your body weight in ounces of water each day. Your BMR doesn't stay the same. (As you stated) The better fit or unfit you become you would need to recalculate everything. Temperature also changes your BMR so to go strictly off of a calculation like TDEE would need to be an estimate only. Don't even bother with that. Stay away from whites (rice, bread, pasta). These should only be eaten for special occasions. Replace these with Ezekiel bread, quinoa, etc. Get creative with your veggies, no butter. Your veggies should be the biggest portion on your plate.

The OP lost me after this.

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Big endian or little endian?

eggs.jpg

Also, RISC or CISC?
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

And the tea Assam

200_s.gif
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    well.....*cough*..... this went well.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    richln wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

You weren't curling white rice, were you? Only curling brown rice is healthy. :D

I just exploded in laughter in a quiet room and scared my 2 year old and now he's crying
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think that MFP is one of those organizations funded by Coca Cola (you know the message -- all about exercise, and just eating "right" amount of calories, doesn't matter what you eat.) Go for it I say -- just try eating crap to your calorie macro and see how you feel, and how much exercise you are motivated to do. I eat to my calories AND my macros. The combination keeps me health and feeling satisfied. When my macros get out of balance for ME then I have a hard time sticking to my food plan and calorie plan. (PS my macros are higher protein/lower carb, cause that's how I feel best and most motivated to stick to my calorie macros).
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Merrysix wrote: »
    Sometimes I think that MFP is one of those organizations funded by Coca Cola (you know the message -- all about exercise, and just eating "right" amount of calories, doesn't matter what you eat.) Go for it I say -- just try eating crap to your calorie macro and see how you feel, and how much exercise you are motivated to do. I eat to my calories AND my macros. The combination keeps me health and feeling satisfied. When my macros get out of balance for ME then I have a hard time sticking to my food plan and calorie plan. (PS my macros are higher protein/lower carb, cause that's how I feel best and most motivated to stick to my calorie macros).

Where did you (mis)read that MFP believes macros are irrelevant for health?

And what do your personal dietary compliance beliefs have to do with MFP doctrine?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

I didn't see anyone advocate hitting calories without considering macros and micros. You could try to eat all *crap* while hitting those, but if protein is set appropriately it will be very hard. Most of us don't advocate pizza, twinkies and protein shakes as 100% of someone's diet. Pretty sure most people suggested balance instead of just "eating clean" and not worrying about anything else like the "personal trainer" who started this suggested.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I just exploded in laughter in a quiet room and scared my 2 year old and now he's crying

If your laugh had just had 1g of fiber it would suddenly have been healthy and kept your child asleep.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

If your laugh had just had 1g of fiber it would suddenly have been healthy and kept your child asleep.

BA HA HA HA I think I love you
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

Hmmmmm. Interesting. Where did you see anyone say macros are not worth tracking ??
    Btw- I hit my macros every day and am within my calorie goal and guess what....get ready for this shocker. ........ I can enjoy a treat daily still.
    But I scrolled around looking where anyone said macros did not matter, and couldn't find it. Unless you are taking something out of context. For example, for weight loss all one needs is a calorie deficit. A person could lose weight eating whatever they wanted as long as they where at a deficit. That's fact. So for weight loss, all that's needed is a calorie deficit. This person could track macros to be sure they are eating a balanced diet, if they wanted. ( I do ) but it isn't necessary from a weight loss standpoint. But to be sure I'm eating a well balanced diet ( that includes carbs:) I personally track my macros.
    So no, mfp isn't backed by soda companies . but best of luck to you.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

The OP lost me after this.

She lost me After her first paragraph