The Ultimate Before and After 30 Day Shred Thread

Options

Replies

• Ljc3
    Ljc3 Posts: 46
    Options
    Very nice results! Im starting today. Friend me if your starting soon also! Im about to go take the dreaded before pics and get started !!! :)
  • kcarreno
    kcarreno Posts: 48
    Options
    Restarted again yesterday and all of your results are definitely very motivating! Maybe I will actually finish it this time :) You all look so great!
  • carrie_lebel
    carrie_lebel Posts: 135
    Options
    Do push ups on your knees and if you can only go down an 1/2 inch than that is better than not at all. You will get a bit stronger each time and you will be able to go down an 1inch ... so on and so forth. Next thing you know you are going down the whole way. I started out using 3lbs and that killed me way to go with the 5lbs. You are a tough 61 yo.
  • nicolej216
    nicolej216 Posts: 31
    Options
    Just started yesterday but cant wait to finish and i do 60 minutes a day at the gym also and boy am i sore from day one !
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I'm almost done with Level one...one more day.

I've been training for my first 10K too though, so I've only been doing 30 Day Shred every 2-3 days. Anyone have success when not using it quite in the normal quick succession?

I could only do 2-3 military push-ups on day one and today I survived the entire first round and only dropped to my knees for a second to rest during the second round. Must be getting stronger :o
  • megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i just bought it at meijers. 9.99
    have not started yet ..tomorrow!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I am starting the 30DS on July 1st...but I have already done level one a few times, just to try it!! I have a feeling I may die...LOL!!! And I will definately take before and after pics...thanks for this thread!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    wow! some amazing pictures! well done everyone! i do it once/twice a week but may do it a bit more
  • MiAmorDeanna
    MiAmorDeanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Omg. You look awesome :)

I started 30DS May 26.
    I wish I would have taken before pictures!!

Measurements June 1
    Neck - 13"
    Waist - 39"
    Hips - 43"

Measurements June 10
    Neck - 13"
    Waist - 32"
    Hips - 38"

I'm 5'0
    My weight May 26 (Start Off) was 162.
    I have a 2 month old daughter.
    I weighed 158 my first initial prenatal visit.
    So I practically lost almost all my baby weight.
    I got up to 184 with her.

I have lost 10" in all since 30DS.
    I want to see lbs dropping already!!
  • maryannmiclat
    maryannmiclat Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have had this DVD sitting in my livingroom for about a year now and have yet to open it. After reading these posts and seeing everyones results I can't wait to start it. My only problem is my shoulder and I'm afraid I am going to mess it up more than it already is. I can't do any form of push up because of the pain. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to modify?
  • jdubsmuscle
    Options
    Everyone looks sooooo great!!!! I have this DVD and just need to wait until my knee is healed, then I can begin and I hope to see some excellent results as well :-)
  • cassmsta
    cassmsta Posts: 75
    Options
    You all look amazing!

Where do I buy this?!?!? How much does it cost? I'm in Canada, Alberta
  • saigal
    saigal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I bought it on Amazon for less than $10. good luck!
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have had this DVD sitting in my livingroom for about a year now and have yet to open it. After reading these posts and seeing everyones results I can't wait to start it. My only problem is my shoulder and I'm afraid I am going to mess it up more than it already is. I can't do any form of push up because of the pain. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to modify?

I know you said no pushups but what about pushups off the wall? Wall pushups would give you more control depending on how close or far you are away from the wall for difficulty. Or maybe you could stand and everytime they do a pushup you could bend over and touch your toes. It doesn't seem like a lot and slightly unrelated to pushups but it actually would help you when you get to level 2. Or maybe you could get in pushup position but not actually go up and down and hold it there instead. Keep in mind you don't have to do the full blown pushups. I would try out a few things and see what works best for you. Good luck!
  • ohchelse
    ohchelse Posts: 7
    Options
    I am super-size girl. I did one day of this a couple weeks ago (and only the first 6 minute section) and I thought I was going to die. It was insane. I did all of it - including the (modified) pushups. I am going to start it again, but does anyone have advice for me about trying to make it that whole time? I know JM says that she has seen 400+pound people do that - I wanna know who she's been seeing! I am at 390 (started at 425) and I am just not sure....Regardless, I will do my best to press on - even if that means some breaks - and post pictures at the end of my 30 days. Will be a great push before my wedding anniversary on July 7th. :o)
  • AshleighFTM
    AshleighFTM Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 and suprised how much my endurance has picked up. I now have the ability to do everything (minus a real push up) This morning, I actually thought, lets see what level two is all about.

As for modifications, I did wall push ups at first, my butt kicks were pretty pathetic (but atleast i was moving), i also had a hard time with anterior raise/side lunges (to be honest the first couple days, i'd do the raise or the lunge just not together) i also would drink water at this point too and when I was breaking, I would still jog in place.

By day five I was starting to push myself a little more, its hard, i sweat but I know its totally worth it. I also get SO much satisfaction from my HRM telling me how many calories I burned.

And coming from someone who is 416lbs. I know YOU can do it!!
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Do I need to buy any equipment for this DVD? what gave you the drive to work through the workouts and make it through the 30days?
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    One more question. How do I accurately measure legs, arms, waist, hips etc? I want to make sure I am doing this correctly!!!
  • vibegirl
    vibegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Modify! We aren't machines...lol Seriously you are doing this to lose weight and improve your health...so do what you need to do to get it done. Walk in place, do wall pushups, do half of what they do...etc...bottom line is you are MOVING...and once you do a 30 day shred...you will have built some muscle...burned calories and built up endurance...can always do it or any section of it again. You can always stop any exercise and walk in place. Common sense should be used...some folks have injuries etc that keep them from doing some things perfectly...so adapt...and of course feel good because you are taking this on... :o)

Vibegirl :smile:

ohchelse 4336134_2588_thumb

Joined Jan 2011

Sun 06/12/11 12:46 PM
    I am super-size girl. I did one day of this a couple weeks ago (and only the first 6 minute section) and I thought I was going to die. It was insane. I did all of it - including the (modified) pushups. I am going to start it again, but does anyone have advice for me about trying to make it that whole time? I know JM says that she has seen 400+pound people do that - I wanna know who she's been seeing! I am at 390 (started at 425) and I am just not sure....Regardless, I will do my best to press on - even if that means some breaks - and post pictures at the end of my 30 days. Will be a great push before my wedding anniversary on July 7th. :o)
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

maybe you could try wall pushups??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!