Scale number will move only when good & ready

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    @kim55555 I really believe you have this all figured out, I'm glad you are being sensible with the time frame in regards to goal weight :smile:

• Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    edited November 2015
    yeah thanks and also less chance of burnout/injuries too as im trying not to be as manic in everything I do now :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @kim55555 ahh the old burn out! been there....! you have a great overall attitude Kim :smile:
  • SuperCRAS
    SuperCRAS Posts: 10 Member
    Peeps, this has been the best post ever! I'm 11 days on MFP and 17 days in the gym and have seen zero pounds lost, went up a couple then back down and no movement since. I was ready to throw in the towel when I read this post. My husband kept telling me that my weight is redistributing and to stop weighing every day (I' a bit obsessive). I do think things are fitting loser, not much, but a little and I feel stronger, which is good. My friend that I'm doing MFP with is equally discouraged because the number hasn't moved.

I've decided not to trash my progress and to push forward! Thanks to all who've posted!
  • Kim55555
    edited November 2015
    That's awesome. I'm so glad this thread had encouraged you to continue!

I've read that after around 4-6 weeks of starting a new weights/exercise program you will start to see the results so keep it up. You need to give your body time to get used to the trauma of this new routine. Also it's going to be a slower process for someone exercising intensely compared to those women on MFP eating 1200 calories and just doing some cardio or who lightly exercise. They lose faster because they lose muscle. They think they are so successful as they are losing so much scale weight at a decent pace but how much of that scale weight is fat!? Body fat % is the important number to go by.
  • Kim55555
    Its been 2 months. I'll take my progress shots on the weekend.

I have holidays from November 16 and I'm going to get my body fat % tested with a dexa scan. Every 2 months I'll have a dexa scan taken along with fresh photos. :smile: I'm excited!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    I'm excited for you Kim :smiley:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited November 2015
    @kim55555 had to share my joy....132.4lbs this morning!! WOOOT!! LOWEST EVER to date!! and of course just before I head on holidays so I'll be back to square one in a few weeks - I always gain 2lbs on hols...and it takes me 2 months losing them!! doh!!

average cals around 1900 for past week.
  • Kim55555
    That's cool! Good one. Thats about the same amount I've been averaging too.

Good idea to get your weight on the lower side before holidays as then you don't have to worry too much during it & the aftermath :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Oh I forgot to add ill also get my resting metabolic rate test. Hoping it will be at least 1500.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 wrote: »
    So there is a pattern I've been noticing. Every 4 - 5 weeks the scale ends up moving to a new lower weight. I've been fluctuating between 60.3 - 61.7 since December 4 & lately I'm in the lower range a lot more (being low to high 60's) So in a few weeks time I'm predicting a new low weight of 59. something. & then I will fluctuate between 59. something & low 61's and the cycle/pattern continues.

Re reading this from December 2014 for a reminder for myself. Just like above --- A signal of what was/is to come.

For the past week I've been spending all my time in the low to mid 63's (63.0 - 63.7) So my range has changed now. Before then it was between the 63.0 -64.4 range.

Its currently day 2 of my period so I should see a drop on the scale in around a couple of weeks time. Scale will be in the 62's again and I will have a new range of 62 - 63 :smile:
  • Kim55555
    I lost another 400 grams (nearly half a kg) Im down to 62.6 kg now! :smiley:

I ate 1896 gross weekly average calories last week.

I had a feeling the scale was about to move but thought it would be another week or two as that how the pattern usually goes.

I've actually thought it has been a slow process for me this time aroubd but judging by my progress photos I took yesterday and all the clothes I can fit into again it has actually been pretty fast!! It only appears to be slow going because *the scale is slow going* lol. It's been far from it. I'd say I'm nearly half way there now!!

It will be interesting to see what the scale does now that I dropped my calories down 1-200. I think I found my cutting sweet spot at around 1900 calories.

I'm off to go buy some clothes. Not too many though as they will be too big for me in a few weeks time. :wink:
  • Kim55555
    edited November 2015
    Yey MFP allows you to upload photos from your iPhone photo album :smile: I've finally gotten around to posting my 57 kg photo
  • Kim55555
    edited November 2015
    The first photo was me at my leanest 57 kg taken in March 2015

4nisdty17yv1.png

Here is my progress photo after 2 months that I took in early November 2015
  • Kim55555
    edited November 2015
    My scale is moving at a faster pace now. I'm down to 61.9 kg now :smile: Thats a 600 gram (just over 1/2 kg) loss from 5 days ago. I averaged 1792 gross calories over the past 6 days.

I decided I'd see how I'd go on a larger defecit. I'm aiming for 1800 calories now. It has been a struggle though as after dinner I have an uncomfortable hunger. I'm not starving just hungry as my body has been used to eating at a 0-10 % defecit. It needs to get used to eating less I guess and I'm hoping this uncomfortable feeling will go away soon. I'm going to keep eating 1800 for another 4 weeks to see how I go. I'm eating at around 15-20% defecit.

Eating less has not in any way interfered with my training. I still have heaps of energy and I'm performing well.

The key that has stopped me from after dinner snacking has been to change my tablet time from first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to taking it just before I fall asleep. This means it has to be taken on an empty tummy. I need to stop eating a few hours before bedtime and my tablet. It's working a treat ;)

400 more grams to lose and I'm at the half way mark. :smile:

• Kim55555
    Oooops.

It's actually 61.6 kg now :smiley:
  • pippypuppy
    pippypuppy Posts: 67 Member
    Well done Kim, amazing pics. Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • Kim55555
    Thanks!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited November 2015
    @Kim55555 so good to see your progress pics :smiley: you are so soooo slim already, your bf% must be very low. I honestly think you don't need to lose any more, where would it come off lol

Excellent job chickie :smiley:

I'm just back from hols, I might weigh in tomorrow but probably won't get a true reading til end of week - 2 weeks of cruise food which means excess sodium ....mind you I don't see or feel myself any heavier. I usually spot a few lbs gain in my clothes right away.

Catch up soon

Ruth
  • Kim55555
    Thanks! :smile: body fat % currently is 32.6 % I wrote about it in my metabolic reset thread hmmm but maybe I'll go copy and paste my findings here too.

Its good to hear from you. I missed ya! :smiley: I just finished my holiday too. I had a week off. I'm just about to leave to get ready for work and looking forward to my early morning walk to work. I'm actually keen to go back to work, lovely group of people I now work with.

Oh you missed a very entertaining 1200 calorie thread when you were on holiday that I woulda messaged you about to check it out if you were around. It lasted something like 15 pages Lol it was so funny but then it got closed down. One of the most entertaining threads of the year lol :smiley:

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!