What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hit several PRs in the last month (sorry for units, been traveling between US and Europe. PRed on different continents, lol)

80x3 kg Squat (176 lbs)
    175x3 lbs deadlift
    37.5x5 kg bench press (83 lbs)
    65 lbs x5 OHP

Its super motivating to see the lifts increase bit by bit!
  • H34v3nlySinsx3
    H34v3nlySinsx3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My NSV: being able to fit in my high school jeans (that was down 10 pants sizes)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    bought a size medium shirt in athletic clothing. and it's comfortable.
    and I was in a parade and didn't even once think that people were staring at me cause i was chubby
    JAHmMl5llJCKdd0nPX2wadc9MGqM2w8y38ASHjEY6reeu_fsQECn--4eQPu2Jpye2pY59GA0jIpz5gfGMIjCe1A2XCsTxv_v5_oLDnZavQKUdsCAV3M1gtMW9HyDr2Vso6mHvfkOI7VpIAL9KLXK5q7KI_CdZYDy-NXprTnZuJZcGfq4wzopFXUcjntQxoli0HpuHTV_55JwjSsaWC9B-mtsVcE8Iok3TqxWMVuU9TcF8nTS-pamz2IaLF79p7BlZp68TsgTy9cz3XC4x5jYiVciXotTGLaBe-j5pQRuDTaGbFExXpUnb0M45jMa7-JQfTpvFQLnlt2_q7cwPuF2932pFxZRJP_XM2thr5tJaDyRB5oZLwGbMcgWaKYfPM9VSafWtfE0d-P0HRtAkWsd4fDllG872jbO3yxKntkBoFqrih0POZj8zeZ6dglGNQkAKvstxbsBUCHhK0j6U-_S_pahkTmKLMh2GjXK_b2VGy_mKUpvGFr_jfblORwwWbvwrRv3SoN397mxntCNq100Y8NsgZz-4MXym7hulUHPs-oc=w406-h571-no
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Compeleted Week 3 Day 1 of C25K I thought there was now way I could jog for 3 minutes straight let alone twice when I looked at it but I did it :D
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm here. I had great success when I joined almost 3 years ago. Due to some issues I stayed, but didn't log properly, my weight is creeping up, I had lost over 40 lbs, I've officially gained 17 back. So, I'm reenergized, revived, and refocused.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I was able to zip up a jacket and pair of jeans I had not been able to do so with - they are still snug, but baby steps! :)
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    So many amazing NSVs!

I went thrift shopping over the weekend for some work pants since my current ones are giving me saggy butt syndrome. Was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get 2 pairs in a 16, a regular 16 not even a 16W. Also nabbed a flannel in an XL that fit well all over...nearly every flannel I find that fits my arms is so baggy everywhere else. The BEST part was there was a brand new with tags Ann Taylor body con dress in a 14 there. Originally $128 dollars, I ended up paying $8 for it! It's a touch snug but it zips so I'm taking it as a win.
    Also totally scale related but I FINALLY hit my next weight loss milestone goal of losing 50 lbs. Yay.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Mmdelgado wrote: »
    I took my first before and during pic and it's the first time that I've noticed a big difference in my weight loss. Only down 25 lbs but I'm still going! kk411i11t4us.jpg

You can't put "only" together with "25 pounds" here. It's again the rules :wink:

25 pounds is an awesome start. You must be so excited and proud. Way to go!

• Mmdelgado
    Mmdelgado Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Haha! I am very excited and proud of the progress I've made! I believe in myself now. I guess that's another nsv :) thank you!
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Not NSV: Spent four days driving over 2600 miles and six at a conference and returned home with a 2.5 pound loss.

NSV: Doing laundry much more often now that I don't have many clothing options that fit.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    While visiting the restroom, I looked down and realized the tag on my jeans said they were a size smaller. I accidentally put on the wrong jeans this morning, and I just now figured out that I've been wearing them all day and they fit! What a fun surprise!
  • MissyMilda
    MissyMilda Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    One of my colleagues complimented my dress today (I've worn it before but not for a long time, I guess it is pretty stretchy). Anyway, I thanked her for the compliment and then she said I "looked very *searched for word* ... skinny... today!" (Yey for black tights!) I can't think of any other time that word has been used to describe me! I know it was just in comparison to how I usually look, as I'm at least 30lbs from what could be considered close to skinny, but it was nice all the same! At the weekend, an old friend gave me the interrogation so many people here have gotten - How had I lost so much? Was I on a special diet? Etc. I had to laugh. Before I would have been flustered because I don't like talking about my weight, but I just quoted the MFP mantra, "I eat less, and move more!"

Also, I had my monthly assessment at the gym this evening and all my measurements are down again! :)
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I am giving away and will continue giving away all clothes that become too big, with the exception of one pair of jeans one size up. This is an NSV because I always kept bigger clothes after past diets because I felt that there were no guarantees that I would keep the weight off. The reason I am confident for the first time is that, with the help of MFP, I have learned how to lose weight slowly and fairly painlessly, and how to shrug off minor mishaps and just log, at maintenance levels if need be. I no longer need to summon all my strength to launch an attack on fat.
  • Christine_1218
    Christine_1218 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had a great NSV moment today. I tried on size 16 pants in slacks and jeans and they both fit!! I was a size 20 in July so I went down 2 sizes!! And I was one time a size 26-28 at my heaviest, so I am down 6 sizes!!
  • MegaSwampert
    MegaSwampert Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    my NSVs I want to share:
    I took butter and flour back into my house after nearly 3 years and made several portions of cookies and pasta.
    I am proud of my results and love my mirror image, not letting the numbers or a missed workout dominate how I feel.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is with the jewelers ! Going from an 8.5 to a 6.5!!
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I had to look up NSV :) but mine would be that I can jump on skates again, both feet off the ground Woo hoo!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going strong in Every fitness class from beginning to end ....keeping up with all instructors. :)

Strong legs nowadays.. They are not nearly as cut as I want them to be, but I can stay in a squat and lunge it out with the best of them!

Being consistent with my heavy lifting and experiencing strength gains in my lower body. The weights are heavy for Me! lol

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I can touch my thumb to my pinky about half the time I do my exercises.
    sjf8gdqvybe7.jpg

For some reason this slid right by me... and then I remembered the other post with the micro dumbells. And now I get it.

I bet that is a big NSV for you! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!