• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,569 Member
    Options
    terri_mom- trust me, it brought tears to our eyes too
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Miriam Ouch!

Scopian when you visit the doctor ask about Iodine. Just like Vit D many of us are low in Iodine. They use Bromine in pools now instead of Chlorine and that affects the Iodine in your Thyroid. The new car smell is also because of Bromine. My DSIL who works around pools and swim everyday has thyroid problems. I mentioned this to her. I don't know if she discussed it with her doctor or not.

Becca love the felt advent calendar. I have one my mom got me at a church Bazaar. Love it.

Sylvia what fun pictures.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Son made it for a full day of school! Yay! First time in over two weeks! And I don't think he has a headache this evening.

Bad, bad food choices today ... And I feel horrible ... When will I learn?

Miriam ... I hope your foot continues to heal.

Terri ... Good for you on the roof! My original intent was to help my husband. Only after I realized I couldn't even handle the ladder by myself did I give up on my idea. Shoveling snow off already???

Mia ... Have you had the fair yet where you were going to sell your glass? ( I may have missed this).

Sylvia ... My older son's name is Ian. :smiley:

Becca (whom my autocorrect always changes to be careful) ... I'll send a photo if you want one. Pm on the way.

Well, a couple more chores and then an early night for bed I think.

Beth

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,125 Member
    Options
    <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :*
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Beth - Madly getting ready for the glass sale. It is next week. Dec. 1.

Mia in MI
  • koolnanny
    koolnanny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just want to introduce myself to this group. My name is Marie and I live in Virginia. I just started back on my fitness pal and I really hope that I am successful this time. I also started going to Planet Fitness today. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is two days away. I just bought my turkey today. I have four grown children and 8 grandchildren. I hope to make some friends in this group.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Just got home from Zuma with DGD#1. We has so much fun! She wants to go back tomorrow. That's not going to hsppen, but we will go back next week for sure.
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Tiffanie, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Come often and join right in. What treatment are you getting for your thyroid?

Carol GA, I hear ya about body parts making us feel old at any age. An aching back, hip or knee can really slow ya down. The pretzel salad sounds yummy. Your GD is a doll. I’ve been to a spa like that for a pedicure and didn’t like it at all compared to the wonderful spa chairs that most of them have.

Sylvia, the outhouses are too funny! Thanks for sharing.

Janetr, have a wonderful Thanksgiving and safe travels.

Vicki, so sorry you were sick. Sending healing thoughts for a full recovery. I’m glad you were well enough to enjoy your early Thanksgiving. Take care of yourself. ((((Hugs))))

Miriam, yes I can imagine how that must have looked 4 days ago. Poor thing!!!!

Mia, that is scary that you were that close to the fire. Your hair will grow but do be careful. (((Hugs)))

Pip, you need to tell Kirby that he can visit us if he gets lonely while you are at work. angel.gif We will keep him company.

Heather, I don’t blame you for not wanting to take a chance with luggage at the Museum. Just have a great time.

Terri, at least you were trying to move the ladder by yourself and plan to go up on the roof without anyone else even knowing. Lol Sorry to hear you still can’t get your tracker to sync. smiley-sad012.gif

Kimses, all we can do is keep on trying!!! After a while some of it will sink in. Just hang in there and don’t give up whatever you do. Just next time, throw out the candy!! And Fast!!

Marie, welcome. You will find this a great place for support. Most of us have made this a life journey so plan on being around for the long haul. I’m thinking of joining Planet Fitness but they aren’t as close to my house as I’d like, so haven’t decided yet. Come often and join the chat.

Sylvia, glad DGD liked Zumba. Now you just drop everything else and take her as often as she wants. smiley-laughing018.gif

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

DH and I went to lunch where I ate more than I should have but then walked and walked in Sam’s club and Costco. I finished getting what I need for Thanksgiving except for rolls which I’ll pick up tomorrow. We didn’t have line dancing last week because the instructor was out of town. I hope we have it tomorrow because I need the exercise.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day and week. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I just picked up the grandkids from school and when the DGS got out of the van I asked "Ian! Did you draw on your pants?" He said, "No, I just dropped a marker. " I said "But there are TWO STARS on your pants!" To which he replied "I dropped it TWICE !" I laughed so hard I nearly wet my pants.

That's a good one MollyWhippet. You should submit that to one of the magazine's like Reader's Digest or Women's Day. You might get paid for it.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    :) Sylvia, the outhouses are great...thank you for taking the time to take the photos and post them for us.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,125 Member
    Options
    <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

Mary - I am!! I talked to a friend and was telling her about “planting” my fitbit and she offered me $25 cash towards a new fitbit for Christmas!!! Yeah my fitbit fund has begun!

DJ – thanks for the translation!

Pip – so glad to see stats again, I know you are getting back to your routine. Really glad you got PT at the same time… Kirby is looking really good, is he regaing the use of his right hand/ arm?

Loved the outhouse pictures!

My 17 year old nephew leaves tomorrow to drive to a friends’ house to spend the holiday it is about a 4.5 hour drive, much farther than he has ever done on his own. He has a good head on his shoulders but
    I would probably not let him go by himself. However he has such a mixed bag of parenting from the adults in his world that this is certainly not the worse choice those adults have made. He and I have talked about staying awake, rest stops, music and NOT using his phone with the car in gear. I’m sure he’ll be fine, but will be happy with the text that says that he arrived.

November Goals -
    Attend yoga each wednesday evening
    Walk everyday –would like to see 160 miles
    continue counseling and hold my weight where it is as I deal with my current set of emotional issues
    weekly fun things
    W1 – football – we won! Working on craft show crafts
    W2-
    W3-
    W4
    Kim from N. California
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Not much time, but I'll comment on a couple of things.

Dressing: this country bred and cornbread fed girl thinks the only kind of dressing for Thanksgiving is cornbread dressing. Although many swear by sage, I don't put it in mine. I make the cornbread a day ahead with equal amounts of corn meal and flour, some oil, 6 eggs, and buttermilk. Then for the dressing itself, I just crumble that up, add onions and celery sauteed in butter, 4 cans of chicken broth and 2 cans of cream of chicken soup. this makes two 9x13 pans of dressing. If you didn't like the "processness" of cream of chicken soup, you could make your own gravy with a roue, some cream and some chicken broth or just leave it out altogether and add more broth.

Online dating: I have several friends who have met spouses through online dating after being widowed in their mid fifties or early sixties. Of my four friends, three matches were very successful and one was taken for a ride, big time. I think the main difference is the one was very vulnerable, wasn't really over losing her husband, and had self-esteem issues to boot. Plus I don't think she used a reputable site. I also have another friend who is much younger who met her husband on a dating site as well. I believe my older friends used match.com and my younger one used a Christian site, maybe Christian mingle, but it might have been eHarmony. My daughter also has a friend who is happily married with a match-up from eHarmony.

I've been struggling lately so haven't posted as much, but I have been reading and trying to keep up with everyone.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Was is Joyce or Sylvia who gave me the heads up about Walmart and the fitbit? Well who ever, I just started looking online, and found some good deals on ebay... I may buy now and "refund" myself when I get the christmas money. My last one was used when I bought it and it worked great, I don't care about the "box" or if it is used... there are both used and new flex-s out there for the $40-$60 range...

smiles kim
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Allison - Worried about you. It sounds like a volatile situation. Is it time to be out of there?

Pip - Wonderful elves. Everything looks terrific.

Heather - One of our Christmas favourites has always been Mom's mincemeat tarts. She made her own green tomato mincemeat.

Sylvia - My heart is with you. It is so difficult when our children are in pain and we can do nothing about it. The grandchildren are blessed to have you.

Mia - I will have to try putting salt on the outside of my potatoes. I love crispy skins.

Down with something today. Day off, lots of plans, beautiful outside and I went out for the count.
    I did manage to get the most important errands done.

I wish I could have gone to the Christmas festival tonight but it was not meant to be. My daughter tells me she was very busy but it went smoothly.

Thank God for my DD , she does so much for me. She has become not only my daughter but my best friend. I love our relationship. I love my boys but we have a special bond.

Cold meds and off to bed for me.

Hoping for a better day
    -Sharon in Alberta

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Carol, that is quite an extensive recipe for dressing. We just buy the Stove Top stuffing. Can we still be friends even if we use that???? Sounds good though. I remember 'back in the days' when Mom would make her home made dressing. She made home made corn bread, I do remember sage but nothing else. My youngest makes the turkey and dressing every year. I wish I had known that with a $25 purchase at Schnucks grocery store you could get the turkey for 25 cents a pound. She paid $16 for a 17 pound turkey.

Kim, I think that info about the Fit bit at Walmart was from me. I kind of recanted it yesterday but I got an add in my email today that explained when the online shopping could begin. So I will try then. But if I fail I know that I will get her one anyway. So are you guys saying that a Fit Bit will not sync with a Samsung tablet??? Then I am in trouble. That's what she has.

Miriam, your foot still looks terrible. How often are you being seen? You look like you got some scratches also. I can't imagine what it looked like 4 days ago. Gone are your days of being a cat referee.

Sylva, loved your outhouse pictures. So are all these things taken down after the event? I loved the scale in one and you had to record your weight!!!

I was beginning to think I was invisible today. I was calling everyone to confirm what they are bringing to dinner Thursday. No one answered until about 8 tonight and I have confirmations from all of them. When I told my sister that I had pecans and mini marshmallows for her fruit salad because I had made my watergate salad for church my BIL wanted me to make it again. He is a diabetic and has worked so hard to loose weight. He has yo-yoed so many times than any of us. But he has now lost 100 pounds and is looking real good. We haven't had any big family meals in a long time now so he hasn't had to be tempted. But even with diabetes for 10 years on a big family meal he eats with no regard at all to his diabetes. Or what anyone else might want to have on their plate. So since watergate salad is a thing of cool whip, pistachio pudding mix, pineapples and pecans, there is nothing real nutritious in it. But it sure tastes good. But he is real picky and would want me to take out a portion for him that has no pecans in it. Now that would be a way to control how much salad he gets. I could take out a diabetic portion!!!!! Oh, I am evil.

Well the GI office didn't have the results of Charlie's stool test back today so we have no idea if he is negative or positive. But they did say that the big Cortisone dose they put him on would make his diarrhea worse if he was still positive. He hasn't had any change so I am having good thoughts. Yes, I hear you DJ, I should just throw it away. But right now it is going in one ear and going out the other. My dear stubborn husband, when he got out of rehab and had hardly any appetite for anything, he remembered when he was young that he loved tomato juice. So I got his some. But when he drinks it, he will have severe diarrhea, not his usual bad but severe. And it's everytime he drinks it. Now is the man smart enough not to drink it anymore???? No. When it is empty he just buys another big jug. But tonight he did get to check out how absorbent his diaper is. He has been wearing it now for several days and never had it on when he has diarrhea. So we didn't know how well it worked. well I guess we should have had him wear it right after he drank tomato juice. But the diaper does hold it! Small things makes us senior citizens happy.

Good night my dear sisters through this journey.

Joyce, Indiana
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,719 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    we are getting closer to Thanksgiving, and working more hours to make up for thursday and friday..
    Tom is having issues~ ever since he came back from Florida he is alot more high strung.. I havent really had time to sit down and talk with him about it,but would like to get to the bottom of things...
    and my DFIL still has one working cd player ,but you can make sure that if that one stops working I will make sure Tom buys his dad a knew one..
    Went down yesterday morning and he was still in bed but quite jovial.... I bought him a Frank Sinatra Christmas CD and put that on while I was feeding him, he enjoyed it alot..
    I am glad I can make a few people Happy..
    2 loads of laundry one ours, one DFIL in washer and dryer..
    today is going to be a long day 9-6
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hello to all of my friends in this Sisterhood of Phat to Fit - my darling little Great nephew Alexander is having open heart surgery again tomorrow. Prayers and healing thoughts are requested for both him and his family. love you all <3