What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• mollylayton
    mollylayton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just feeling much lighter these past couple of days. I wasn't expecting the scale to show the number it did.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I started c25k on 2nd November 2015. I had done a similar app in December 2014 called "Get running". I could barely jog for 30 seconds then and give up on week 5!! Today evening I am gonna do day 3 of week 5 of c25k!!! That means running for 20 minutes straight!! With c25k I am able to run for atleast 8 minutes!! Something I could never do even when I was thin!!!! :open_mouth: Imagine a fatty like me running around the park!! I love the runner's high, I love my jawline which has started making an appearance :joy: I love the confidence! and I never plan to quit running!!! :)
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Mmdelgado wrote: »
    I took my first before and during pic and it's the first time that I've noticed a big difference in my weight loss. Only down 25 lbs but I'm still going! kk411i11t4us.jpg

Wow! I can't believe that is only 25lbs. You are fabulous and will kill this xx
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I decided to do a minimal Thanksgiving this year. I asked my husband what he HAD to have and we came up with a plan. Neither of us care too much for a traditional turkey, so easy drop there. I had to have ham and pecan pie, he had to have candied yams, mash potatoes and cranberry sauce. We both wanted green bean casserole. So i bought a small ham steak, and small amounts of ingredients for everything else. (except pie, I couldn't find a half pie.) This is a huge change for me (Italian Family, enough said right, lol) and I am proud of myself for changing things to work for us and not because Im supposed to have all these foods and in massive amounts.
    The last time I made Thanksgiving I made ham AND turkey, 2 pies, huge dishes of sweet potato, regular mashed potatoes, gravy, candied yams, jellied cranberries, regular cranberries, green bean casserole, rolls and cookies. I have no clue about the calories in all that! Plus my husband is anorexic so I ate most of it that day as well as the left overs. Holy cow! Anyway, not this year! Reasonable amounts and only what we want.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I've never been a yo-yo dieter, but I've made several declarations to lose weight since I was 12. I always failed within a week or so due to a poor understanding of sustainable weight loss. I recall maybe losing 5 lbs ONCE (probably water weight. Lol), but all the other times were failed attempts. However, each time I decided it was time to lose weight, I would collect a few clothes from thrift stores beforehand that were single-digit and small sizes, telling myself that I could wear these clothes once I successfully managed to lose weight.
    This morning, I was becoming frustrated trying to find clothes to wear since nothing fits anymore, and I cannot afford to keep buying a new wardrobe every time I drop a size. Suddenly, I remembered that I had in fact brought a few of the aforementioned "healthy me" clothes with me to college, but had stored them in a bin where they lay forgotten. Lo and behold, literally EVERYTHING fit. I clearly remember not even being able to pull up one particular pair of pants, but I put them on this morning, and they fit perfectly, with wiggle room to spare!! :D I can't wait to try on all the other weight loss clothes I have stored back at home.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    Major happy dance at my house: I just got results from yesterday's blood test (last year's values in parentheses for comparison):

Cholesterol: 176 (230)
    Triglycerides: 82 (193)
    HDL: 65 (45)
    LDL: 95 (146)
    VLDL: 16 (39)
    Chol/HDL ratio: 2.7 (5.1)

Health improvement was my major reason for losing weight. 54 pounds down since April 2015 and now at a healthy weight, I've gone from 4 of 6 sub-tests abnormal in the bad direction (and the other 2 borderline), to all sub-tests solidly in the the normal ranges (except VLDL, which is actually *below* this lab's normal reference range!).

I'm over the moon!
  • KristinaHajjar
    KristinaHajjar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?

Non-scale victory. :)
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    305x1 squat! 5lb PR! ☺
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I ran/ walked 10k for the first time and I did it in my target time I'd 90 min. Wooo
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lost an inch on my hips, one on my waist and. 5 off each arm IN FOUR DAYS!!!

Also:

sorry the "after" is blurry. I was trying to get them to be proportional!

pxk89l78gi9y.jpg

38iyzk1pftcw.jpg
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Major happy dance at my house: I just got results from yesterday's blood test (last year's values in parentheses for comparison):

Cholesterol: 176 (230)
    Triglycerides: 82 (193)
    HDL: 65 (45)
    LDL: 95 (146)
    VLDL: 16 (39)
    Chol/HDL ratio: 2.7 (5.1)

Health improvement was my major reason for losing weight. 54 pounds down since April 2015 and now at a healthy weight, I've gone from 4 of 6 sub-tests abnormal in the bad direction (and the other 2 borderline), to all sub-tests solidly in the the normal ranges (except VLDL, which is actually *below* this lab's normal reference range!).

I'm over the moon!

Excellent results!
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I haven't been afraid to step on the scale and get back to work
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Shopped in Maurices and had to remind myself that I don't need the plus size stuff anymore. Got size Mediums in leggings and long sleeve top for lifting/running. Had a moment when I was looking at the tops where I wondered why the 1 looked rather big, so different shopping now as they have the 0-4 for plus and small-xl for the other sizes.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I could not put it off any longer as I have only been wearing skirts for months due to none of my jeans or pants fitting me anymore and I went shopping today.

I bought 2 pairs of Sissy Boys - stretchy enough that they will still shrink down and fit me at goal, which is one size smaller than now so as to not be a complete waste of money - and I was thrilled to see that fit easily into a US size 6. Awesome.

I can't believe how far I have come since April.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Not an NSV, but I have to share: I'm signing the lease on a new apartment today! woot woot!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I started using Runkeeper in early 2013 to track my outdoor exercise (predominately road cycling) and have now passed a quarter of a million calories burned.
  • Trishfitz78
    Trishfitz78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    remember that awful trudge out of the changing room to get the bigger size?!?! I did a happy dance out with size 12s (Irish/UK size) across my arm to go get 10s!!! Bought both! From a 16 to a comfy 10 in 6 months of healthy eating and exercise!
  • vaguelyvegan
    vaguelyvegan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I went thrift-store shopping with my mom and rounded up a bunch of size 6 jeans, then a couple of 4s just in case. The 4s were the only ones that fit.

But the best part is how little the size change excites me, and how excited I got instead when my new running shoes and heavier dumbbells arrived in the mail. I am loving the physical challenges of exercise and the way it feels to work my body hard and feed it well, then sort of forget about it for the rest of the day. I love the not-thinking-about-it part, where habit takes over and peace of mind begins to follow.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!