30 day shred starting 3rd June

Options

Replies

• Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I think supplementing with JM 6W6P had me ready to jump to D1 L2 today on what >should< have been D4 L1!!! I loved it and knew the second I started doing it it was the right decision; I was already bored with L1 and found myself more looking forward to the burn of the chaser 6W6P session than my L1 30DS session. Now they feel equally challenging. I think I can live better and stick to it with the option to skip around if needed. Today I planned on only doing the 30DS + some weeding in the garden because yesterday's combined training burned a whopping 1100 calories and I needed to take a day off kinda, but just doing L1 would seem kinda half-a$$ed compared to yesterday. So I'm thinking on my regular gym circuit weight training/HIIT treadmill days I'll stick with L1, on my gym routine days off, I'll bump to L2.
  • edenjoy3
    edenjoy3 Posts: 45
    Options
    what are you putting this under in the exercise database?
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    what are you putting this under in the exercise database?

I use an HRM. Most say it burns an average of 10 calories/minute. I get up to 12 sometimes though because I take Adderal. I just "Create Exercise" "JM 30DS D# L# (HRM)"
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Today I finished Level 1 of the Shred. Although the exercises are easier and I feel less winded and spent, I can't say the sweat factor has been minimized. This workout is definitely not for the faint-hearted.

I spent some time today and watched Level 2 for the second time. Gotta say I'm not looking forward to those planks and that ab work in Circuit 3 looks INTENSE!!!

Tomorrow I begin Level 2. I'll definitely be checking back to see how we're all faring.

Good luck Shredders! :)
  • kunmingmom
    kunmingmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :smile: I completed day 10 today but jumped forward to level 2. DANG! It was challenging but I hung in there. The plank jumpy thingies (forward and back, circuit 2) about killed me!!
    Am going to do a boot camp twice a week starting tomorrow...not sure yet if I will be doing the Shred on those days or not...
    I so want to see some changes but I don't want to overdo it or injure myself!!
    Congrats to everyone getting through the first 10 days or so!!!
    Keep on Shredding!!!!!!
  • gwendoid
    gwendoid Posts: 6
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad I found this thread. I started last Sunday on the 30 DS. This is the second go around on this workout. The first time I did it back in March, I lost 10 lbs and thats w/o count calories. Hopefully with tracking my food I can lose more. Yay to all of you all ready on level 2. Jillian's workout reminded me of the same workouts I used to get with a personal trainer (but a whole lot cheaper).
  • kunmingmom
    kunmingmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    wchavira,
    Welcome to our shredder group! I'm so impressed with your 10 lb weight loss from your first round! :drinker:
  • ak248902
    ak248902 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Day 7 Complete. Excited to get back on track after a weekend of camping and no shredding.
  • sassyfit04
    Options
    Hello all, I was just wondering how heavy your weights are. I want to get some weights and the DVD, but would like some input before deciding which weights to buy. Thanks
  • anna_b1
    Options
    I only have 5 pd kettlebells so that's what I've always used, but I know many use 3 lbs weights as well.
  • anna_b1
    Options
    Just completed Level 2 - Day 1.

Surprisingly, it wasn't as hard as I had feared. I think I'd expected the worst and it really wasn't as bad. I had done some of the plank exercises before in some of the other JM/BL DVDs so that may have helped. However, they were hard! This workout is by no means easy and my hair is still dripping - nearly 20 minutes later!

Still, it's definitely do-able. For me, it was a whole lot less daunting than Level 1 was the first time I tried it. (Interested to see your take on it for those others beginning today!)
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I was just wondering how heavy your weights are. I want to get some weights and the DVD, but would like some input before deciding which weights to buy. Thanks

I would get 3lb and 5lb weights. For some of the exercises there is NO WAY i could use 5lb weights (the anterior raises/side lunges in L1 and the the v squats in L2) but for most the other moves the 3lb don't really do anything for me. So I use both.
  • JezebelGL
    JezebelGL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad I found some fellow Shredders! :bigsmile: Mind if I join ya'll?
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Confession: I did Day 9, but i phoned it in as Jillian says.
  • ak248902
    Options
    Day 8 complete. Getting close to moving onto Level 2 and I am getting scared about how hard its going to be.
  • napanda69
    napanda69 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm in too! I started today!
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi guys sorry I have not kept you up to date but I have not done the shred for a few days as I am having problems with my knees again. 17 years of this pain on and off, every time I lose alot of weight my knees start going, it really annoys me. So it's back to the physio to ask for acupuncture again. Not that they will give it to me.
    I had a few days off the diet as well being naughty and eating away, just been too fed up to care about it. But I'm back on the case tomorrow , I think I might go swimming or something.
    Anyway keep up the good work guys your all doing really well.
    Sorry I let you all down
  • ak248902
    Options
    Hi guys sorry I have not kept you up to date but I have not done the shred for a few days as I am having problems with my knees again. 17 years of this pain on and off, every time I lose alot of weight my knees start going, it really annoys me. So it's back to the physio to ask for acupuncture again. Not that they will give it to me.
    I had a few days off the diet as well being naughty and eating away, just been too fed up to care about it. But I'm back on the case tomorrow , I think I might go swimming or something.
    Sorry I let you all down

Good to hear from you cesctheman. Sorry to hear your knee is giving you trouble. Hopefully you can go for acupunture and that will help ease some of your pain. Swimming sounds great! Glad you are able to bounce back after a few bad days... I have been there for sure.
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Sorry I let you all down

You didn't let anyone down. You started a thread that has been keeping a lot of people accountable. I think everyone can understand that your knees just aren't up to the challenge at the moment. I hope they will feel better soon. Thanks for the challenge. I'm only on Day 9, I've had good days and bad days, but I wouldn't be this far without your thread!
  • anna_b1
    Options
    Hi guys sorry I have not kept you up to date but I have not done the shred for a few days as I am having problems with my knees again.
    Sorry I let you all down

Joining the chorus to say you didn't let anyone down at all. As someone before me said, I'm so thankful to you for beginning this thread! When I began the Shred on June 3rd, I didn't think anyone else would be beginning at such a random time. Imagine my surprise when I found your thread and that you and a bunch of others had begun on the same random day as I had.

This thread keeps me accountable and it keeps me going. I wouldn't feel that way had you not started it - so thank you! Again and again.

And, as a fellow knee sufferer, I understand all too well the pain you're feeling. Last year, I was knocked out of exercising and veered away from weight loss because my knees hurt so badly and I had to seek medical attention. Knee pain is the worst!!! You take care of those knees. You've done so well already, I've no doubt you'll be right back at it as soon as you're well.

Take good care!