What is your job?

Options

Replies

• WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    IT Manager....'technology coordinator" per my business card, "computer geek" per my friends.
  • marylouise86
    marylouise86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am not doing a job i love, just a job i need really! so glad i have one. I do a few nightshifts a week at supermarket (big grocery store!) i spend 10 hours making the clothing part of it look flawless....very repetitive and boring BUT i am on my feet the whole time so I am using it to burn calories right now haha! other then that i look after my poorly mother and rescued animals :smile:
  • Thompsonic7
    Options
    I'm a full time student but I also have a part time job as a Musical Theatre teacher. After school and on weekends, I teach children aged 4-12 singing, dancing and acting skills with a focus on confidence building and I absolutely love it! It's so rewarding to see the children improve and they are all absolutely lovely- plus for someone my age to be trusted with such responsibility (I have to plan and organise my own classes plus sort the financial aspects like fees and room hire) makes me feel great about myself!
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    I'm a dog trainer. I've owned and operated my own dog training business for nearly 10 years now. I train people's pets, Search & Rescue, Human remains detection, narcotics detection, and hopefully soon we'll be adding bed bug detection to the list.

Instead of hosting classes, people just send their dogs to me and I give them back fully trained or rehabbed.
  • cokolina
    cokolina Posts: 48
    Options
    I work in a massage salon, this mounths we are mostli attacking cellulite;)

I do waxing too.. without strips

(my english is not very good) :)
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I am a massage therapist and own my own business. About 80% of my business is working with seniors - my oldest client recently passed away at 104 and I'd been seeing her bi-weekly for six years. I really get to know my clients and enjoy them so much. It's also heartbreaking when they die, so I am considering reorganizing so that I am working with about 50% seniors (and disabled) and 50% young and healthy just so I don't burn out emotionally. I'm also a certified Senior Fitness Trainer, working to keep my clients on their feet, able to be balanced and mobile, or helping them restore balance and mobility. If they are up and moving, they are in less pain and stay healthier longer, so it is great fun to see them "get it" and start to WANT to do the exercises I give them!
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm a vet nurse. I love almost everything about my job.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i work as a ranch hand on an alpaca farm. i love it
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am retail Manager The thing I love most is each day is different! Yes we sell the same merchandise everyday but something crazy always happens. For example yesterday a customer decided to pee in the ladies fitting room! This is suppose to be an upscale off price discount store! All you can do is laugh and put up a sign, rent a carpet cleaner and say ok, what next!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    We are long haul truckers we pick it up ad deliver it....we bring you stuf you like to buy :-)
  • brittbrat892
    brittbrat892 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Certified nurses aide. Well.. theres a lot I like.. Helping the residents.. I go shopping for them. and I train new Cnas. It's hard work but def a lot of fun!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    On weekends they let some of us out for litter pick up on the highway...
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Ninja.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm a cashier at a store near Mt. Rushmore, and I love meeting all kinds of people from all over the world in the summer when they all flock here.
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I am an Estate Paralegal. The thing I don't like about my job is dealing with the estate taxes... But what I love about my job, is that even though my clients are deceased... I feel like I am doing one last nice thing for them by making sure their final wishes in their wills are carried out the way they wanted :)
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Ninja.

:laugh:
  • Heather75
    Options
    Ninja.

:laugh:

Hey! I could be a ninja! Don't laugh.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i'm like a ninja! i'm a mental health nurse in the crisis team here in new zealand. it does require some ninja-like skills from time to time!
    i spend chunks of my work time between hospital, the custody suite (when people have been picked up by the cops and they think they need further assessment and input), and clients homes (where we do everything we can to manage risk and keep them home).
    i usually love my job. but sometimes i think i'd rather work in a subway sandwich shop.
  • Heather75
    Options
    i'm like a ninja! i'm a mental health nurse in the crisis team here in new zealand. it does require some ninja-like skills from time to time!
    i spend chunks of my work time between hospital, the custody suite (when people have been picked up by the cops and they think they need further assessment and input), and clients homes (where we do everything we can to manage risk and keep them home).
    i usually love my job. but sometimes i think i'd rather work in a subway sandwich shop.

LIKE a ninja isn't the same as actually being a ninja. Your job is cool, too, but, well, NINJA.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I work for an e-Commerce company. I am a Sr Manager for Support on back office processing. It is extremely high stress, especially between Thanksgiving and Christmas but I do love it for the most part.