Sharing my motivation/views

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited November 2015
    Because I don't weigh myself every single day like a sad loser I'd actually rather spend more time in the gym and be surprised after two weeks. I don't think I'm punishing myself if I'm happy and feeling much better in myself. You know I'm new to this and I just thought I'd put my OPINION out there like everyone else has and I'm getting flack for it.

At which point did I say I was right? It clearly says 'MY MOTIVATION/VIEWS

I weigh myself daily.

Does that make me a sad loser?

I don't feel sad.

But now I'm confused.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Apparently I'm a sad loser because I weigh daily and don't feel that in order to lose weight I can't ever have anything just for the sake of deliciousness.

If that's what being a sad loser is all about, I'm comfortable with that.

Any why is it that it's always the person who feels they're being attacked who is the first to actually start attacking and throwing insults?
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Because I don't weigh myself every single day like a sad loser I'd actually rather spend more time in the gym and be surprised after two weeks. I don't think I'm punishing myself if I'm happy and feeling much better in myself. You know I'm new to this and I just thought I'd put my OPINION out there like everyone else has and I'm getting flack for it. We'll thanks this is great motivation from all of you just *kitten* all over my diet.

I weigh myself daily.

I don't feel sad.

But now I'm confused.

Because of a lack of punctuation everyone is reading this wrong. She says, 'Because I don't weigh myself every single day. like a sad loser I'd actually rather spend more time in the gym...'
  • jofjltncb6
    Apparently I'm a sad loser because I weigh daily and don't feel that in order to lose weight I can't ever have anything just for the sake of deliciousness.

If that's what being a sad loser is all about, I'm comfortable with that.

Any why is it that it's always the person who feels they're being attacked who is the first to actually start attacking and throwing insults?

It happens with amazing consistency.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    It's all about your mind set. You have to think 'do I want that cookie or do I want to see results' you need to stop seeing food as a pleasure and to see it as fueling your body. You aren't eating this diet food for it to taste good, you're eating it see results.

There's times I could just sit and so much cheese and cake but I don't because I want results, the reason I'm unhappy and turn to food is because of the way I look so just to break that is a huge step

I find exercising really helps and drinking plenty of water, I mean litres of it.

Besides after working so hard why would you want to ruin it just for a biscuit or some chocolate.

Trust me it's not worth it, the human body is capable of incredible things just push yourself

Hi Beth,

Welcome! You know, it's fine if the above is your outlook on weight loss, but please know there are many different outlooks that are different from yours. Also weight loss is not about food type, about demonizing food pleasure, and my thinking the only way to get results is food type restriction.

Yes, food fuels our bodies and, in my opinion, a good choice is to eat to live not live to eat, but that does not mean there food does not bring pleasure. Take social situations for example; at Thanksgiving, while perhaps many of us were with family and/or friends, didn't we partake in the pleasures of good food, great conversation, and the opportunity to spend time with those we love?

Life is too short to be so black and white about food. Just because you have some cookies or ice cream or other treats in your dietary plan does not mean you will not see results. I have something sweet every single day if my calories and macros allow, and I have seen plenty of results. In fact, I lost 44 pounds this way and I have been maintaining for two years. I weight life, run, and do other cardio, and I'm 54 years old. I have seen amazing changes in my body, for which I am very proud.

I was overweight to obese for my entire life, but the only time I was able to get the weight off and keep it off was when I started eating the foods I love in moderation. This means I weigh my good, log everything I eat, exercise and log cardio exercise calories, and I work to stay within the calorie goals based on my weight management goals.

I encourage you to lighten up your attitude a little bit and know that you do not have to severely restrict food choice to lose weight and get results. :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Because I don't weigh myself every single day like a sad loser I'd actually rather spend more time in the gym and be surprised after two weeks. I don't think I'm punishing myself if I'm happy and feeling much better in myself. You know I'm new to this and I just thought I'd put my OPINION out there like everyone else has and I'm getting flack for it. We'll thanks this is great motivation from all of you just *kitten* all over my diet.

I weigh myself daily.

I don't feel sad.

But now I'm confused.

Because of a lack of punctuation everyone is reading this wrong. She says, 'Because I don't weigh myself every single day. like a sad loser I'd actually rather spend more time in the gym...'

:laugh:
  • Alatariel75

I weigh myself daily.

I don't feel sad.

But now I'm confused.

Do you think so? Coz I wouldn't think that weighing yourself daily wouldn't take any time away from the gym...
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member

I weigh myself daily.

I don't feel sad.

But now I'm confused.

Do you think so? Coz I wouldn't think that weighing yourself daily wouldn't take any time away from the gym...

I weigh myself one pound at a time so it takes a while.
  • SLLRunner
    It's not just calories it's about the fat and saturated fat, so would it be ok if I ate 1,200 calories worth of cheese? No it's absolutely not. You would all get good results so much quicker if you cut out the *kitten*.
    This is really a black and white attitude. When I thought this way, I failed big time.
  • Alatariel75

I weigh myself daily.

I don't feel sad.

But now I'm confused.

Haahaa omg mental image of someone weighing bits of themself on a kitchen scale
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member

Given a choice between taking advice from someone like you who is very new to MFP and has only recently figured you what worked for you, and @rabbitjb who has had great success and has a track record of great advice, I pick rabbit. And rabbit would gladly tell me to have the cookie (and make it fit my macros).

I don't feel like a sad loser weighing daily, I like having the data available for review. I don't disparage those who pick other ways to measure their progress, though I'd question ways that aren't very productive.

Congrats on getting that first blush of enthusiasm on finding something that works for them. Just realize there's a lot of us who've seen that effect before and how some people become a bit overwrought evangelizing that they've found the 'one true path'.

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

I weigh myself daily.

I don't feel sad.

But now I'm confused.

I actually used to weight myself daily when I arrived at the gym.

I could have spent those 30 seconds on the treadmill instead.
  • jofjltncb6

I weigh myself daily.

I don't feel sad.

But now I'm confused.

Punctuation matters.

lets_eat_grandma_wall_art.jpg?height=400&width=400&qv=90&AttributeValue=Poster&Size=24x24
  • Alatariel75

I weigh myself daily.

I don't feel sad.

But now I'm confused.

Punctuation matters.

lets_eat_grandma_wall_art.jpg?height=400&width=400&qv=90&AttributeValue=Poster&Size=24x24

Capitalisation - The difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
  • SLLRunner
    Because I don't weigh myself every single day like a sad loser I'd actually rather spend more time in the gym and be surprised after two weeks. I don't think I'm punishing myself if I'm happy and feeling much better in myself. You know I'm new to this and I just thought I'd put my OPINION out there like everyone else has and I'm getting flack for it.

Your entire first posting says it in your word choice and phrasing. You come across as very aggressive.

Maybe if you step back you will be able to learn from successful people. :)

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    super-great.jpg
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Glad you've figured out what works for you.

You're going to have a rough time on the boards with that kind of hostility though.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited November 2015

Honestly, this would probably be better put on your blog then.

Also way to insult people. So if you weigh yourself everyday, you're a loser? And what are you weighing yourself with that it takes so much time that would be better spent at the gym?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

I weigh myself daily.

I don't feel sad.

But now I'm confused.

Haahaa omg mental image of someone weighing bits of themself on a kitchen scale

adam-levine.gif
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Honestly, this would probably be better put on your blog then.

Also way to insult people. So if you weigh yourself everyday, you're a loser? And what are you weighing yourself with that it takes the so much time that would be better spent at the gym?

scale-balance-iron-brass-rail-rp10138.jpg