The Ultimate Before and After 30 Day Shred Thread

Options

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Wal-mart has it!! like $12 and youmay want some 3-5lb hand weights (also at walmart maybe$ 5/weight)

You all look amazing!

Where do I buy this?!?!? How much does it cost? I'm in Canada, Alberta
  • tjradd73
    Options
    I am super-size girl. I did one day of this a couple weeks ago (and only the first 6 minute section) and I thought I was going to die. It was insane. I did all of it - including the (modified) pushups. I am going to start it again, but does anyone have advice for me about trying to make it that whole time? I know JM says that she has seen 400+pound people do that - I wanna know who she's been seeing! I am at 390 (started at 425) and I am just not sure....Regardless, I will do my best to press on - even if that means some breaks - and post pictures at the end of my 30 days. Will be a great push before my wedding anniversary on July 7th. :o)

you can do it girl!!! Nice and easy...take it slow...modify what you need too!! If you need to just jump up and down while they are doing the jumping jacks then do it!! if you need to do it without weights...then do it!! If you need to take breaks...then do it!! The 400lb people that she has seen do it, are the contestants on the biggest loser...and me being a fan of the show...knows that these people COULDN'T do it right away...but they slowly built up to it...even if they were still at 400lbs when they did it! You CAN do it!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Do I need to buy any equipment for this DVD? what gave you the drive to work through the workouts and make it through the 30days?

I have only done level 1 so far...but I think that you just need hand weights (3-5lbs) and maybe a mat if you wont be on carpet!

as far as the measurements go...just make sure that you are consistent...I always go with the smallest part of my natural waist, and the biggest part of my thighs, hips, and arms!!
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 of level 2 and i'm not too sure i'll be able to walk tomorrow. Which may be an issue. I really love this workout and look forward to it. To those of you wondering about doing it "perfectly" modify it however you need to and you'll still be so proud to finish. Every now and then I still drop my weights and have to push to just lift my arms!! Jillian's a beast but she gets the job done! :happy:
  • jao2205
    jao2205 Posts: 2
    Options
    Bump:smile:
    This is so inspiring!!
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am on day 18 but I missed 5 days here and there so I am going to work for 35 days to make it up. I don't think my results are going to be anywhere close to you guys. It makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong :( You all look great by the way. I'm going to keep pushing through and maybe just maybe all the changes will happen at the end.

keep going, do not get discouraged, some people lose weight easier and differently. you are not doing anything wrong!! the first time i did it i lost 10 lbs. but i had to really watch what i ate and also did some other JM videos. keep up the hard work!
  • ohchelse
    ohchelse Posts: 7
    Options
    I actually finished it today!! I did modify and took a tiny break between sections 1/2, but I am SO proud of myself for finishing. Tomorrow, I'm going to try no break. :o)

Good luck everyone! If I can do it, you can do it!!
  • rosadona
    rosadona Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i've been doing the 30 day shred for about a week now, but not consistently (probably about four times, and once i just wasn't feeling it and i quit halfway through to run). even without consistency, i feel like my belly is flatter and my arms are stronger. this thread totally inspired me to be more diligent! and if you're losing inches and not pounds - don't be discouraged, losing inches means you're building muscle which is wayyyyy more fat burning than fat (obviously). so even if the muscle you've gained has offset any weight loss on the scale so far, if you stick with it the number will soon drop in your favor (each pound of muscle burns an extra 50 calories a day just by having it in your body).
  • mykismitty
    mykismitty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    bump
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Prettyme924
    Prettyme924 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • anotheroneofmany
    Options
    How much "space" do you need to do this workout? My living room is super-tiny and there's nowhere for me to push the furniture... So basically I only have the space where my coffee table sits... Is this enough room? Or is this something that needs an area for me to hop or slide around in? Thanks so much! :)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    the most room you need is to be able to do pushups, squats, and lunges...there isn't a lot of traveling (at least not on level one so far)!
    How much "space" do you need to do this workout? My living room is super-tiny and there's nowhere for me to push the furniture... So basically I only have the space where my coffee table sits... Is this enough room? Or is this something that needs an area for me to hop or slide around in? Thanks so much! :)
  • KyeBurn
    KyeBurn Posts: 3
    Options
    you look amazing!!!! very motivating
  • ang16
    ang16 Posts: 91
    Options
    To echo what others have said , WOW! Can't believe the results I've seen in here. I've started doing it although not everyday , did level 1 on mfirat day but felt it wasn't difficult enough for me as I had started building up endurance through the gym. Trying to do it everyday but I have alternated it with running ect.

Good luck and thanks for the inspiration.
  • Sammybunny711
    Sammybunny711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    BEFORE

25242_1402219503445_1471059237_1054348_4559203_n.jpg

AFTER
    NewImage-1.jpg

I lost about 14llbs due to the shred

(o_0)...HOLY COW woman! Those are AMAZING results! You inspire me to keep it up! Congratulations!
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    Great idea!!

I did it for 30 consecutive days (which I still can't believe I didn't miss a day!!). I also did the C25K program three times a week, and Zumba twice a week. As well as some biking and walking in there, too.

I lost 5.5 lbs, 3" off my waist and 3.5" off my hips.

30dayprogress3.jpg

30dayprogress.jpg

I don't have photos from Day 1 of my back, but here's Day 10 (after Level 1)
    30dayprogress2.jpg

AMAZING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!