2 years of maintenance - 130+ pounds lost

Options

Replies

• forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Such a great post-thank you for sharing all that common sense. It's just what I needed to hear today!
  • Artemis2121
    Artemis2121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love all of your points!. Especially that "you are already good enough". Thank you voicing this. We are living, vibrant creatures, experiencing all emotions before during AND after weight loss. I see so many peeps post that they were too ashamed of their bodies to take a before pic. Or, they frown in the before pic. Life/happiness does not begin with weight loss.  How much better our lives would be if were to have those feelings of happiness, confidence and self-love from the very start?
  • clarinetmajor
    clarinetmajor Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this Shannon. Glad when I leave Minnesota, you will still be here on MFP for me to be inspired by you. I'll miss the snow and skiing too!
  • AliDotH
    AliDotH Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What a great success story with tips and info! Thank you!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    thanks for the comments! still here, chugging along, 3+ years of maintenance :)
  • Petite120
    Petite120 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Best thread I have read in a long time. I totally agree with what you say on making habits.... and a LITTLE bit of what you love, does us a world of good! ;)
  • babol23
    babol23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, excellent advice.
  • mimaconnect
    mimaconnect Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. I appreciate you sharing your lessons learned. Congratulations on maintaining your weight. Your story is very inspiring to me. :)
  • allunits
    allunits Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Shannon, I have had one of your blogs bookmarked in my Chrome for about a year and read it once in a while (to give you an idea of how far-reaching your posts are). I needed to see an update like this today. Although I have been on mfp for a long time, I have actually gained weight overall. I haven't exercised, though I have tried different gyms over time. I know that I need to do it. Last night, a gym opened right at THE END OF MY BLOCK. I signed up last night and today I went for the first time. No gimmicks, no classes, no trainers, just heavy lifting on my own with music blasting in my headphones, at my own pace. I love this type of exercise so much and it is the only type that I like. I also ran on the treadmill for 5 minutes, that was all I could do today. But I will do everything I can to go every day. I reset my mfp to day 1 and hope that this time it sticks and that I don't give up.
    Your blogs are so inspiring to me.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, much needed this time of year!!!! Are you in Minneapolis?? I'm in Minneapolis and meet with some MFP!! Would you like to join us, just for fun n stories. Be proud !!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • cnred_06
    cnred_06 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow!wow!wow! This post is sooo inspirational!! You look amazing!!! I have a similar amount of weight to lose so this info is so motivational to me,thanks so much for sharing your story with all of us! It's good to be on this journey with other people, instead of feeling so isolated! Thanks MFP!;) I hope this can be me posting next yr!!
  • Catho36
    Catho36 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, very inspirational
  • MDS369
    MDS369 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    tears - so beautifully written, you captured my heart and mind ... the love you have for yourself and life is so evident. Right now I'm where you were, but am determined to one day be where you are ... thank you for sharing :smile:
  • indunna
    indunna Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed to read today. Thank you.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Something I needed to read! Thank you so much!!
  • vwagar
    vwagar Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Omg thank you.... I loved reading this! I felt like I was reading about myself!!! You are simply amazing
  • tahiam
    tahiam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. Thanks for the tips.
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This is seriously the BEST POST EVER ON MFP.

Not one single doubt about it!

Thanks for sharing.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    WOW. This post is just flat out awesome. I am a long way from goal right now, but I have lost weight in the past and got off track. So much in this post just resonates with how I am feeling right now and why I am confident that this time is different. I am not looking for the quick fix or the magic bullet, I am changing me, making new habits and imposing new discipline and for once it feels freeing, not restricting
  • secondlane
    secondlane Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wise words. Great insights. Thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!