Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    So far so good today. Must use my cross trainer later. It is miserable and cold outside. Stay warm and safe everyone. Not just for today but for always. - stay positive, do your best and be suppotive to others who in return will be there for you. Good Luck everyone

Love your message about staying positive, and being supportive for others. I have found by encouraging others, it also helps myself.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    J4T Monday
    1. Put dinner in crock pot - didn't have time, but I got home in time to cook a good dinner, so it's ok.
    2. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work :smile:
    3. Go to gym :smile: did weights
    4. Stick to calorie goals one meal at a time :smile:

I exceeded November goal to walk and/or jog at least 30 miles each week. I actually did an average of just under 5 miles per day!

For December I am going to lift weights 3 times per week and do cardio 3 times per week. I am also going to try harder than ever to accurately weigh and measure everything I eat, whenever possible.

J4T Tuesday
    1. Make breakfast, lunch and snack to take with me to work
    2. Cardio at gym
    3. Grocery shopping and pick up prescriptions.
    4. Prep veggies for the week

• abacus93jp
    abacus93jp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    JFT I have stayed on track, did walk more today(Christmas shopping for 4 hrs) that counts, right? Ha ha
    Still doing this one day at a time since 10/14. These posts ARE inspiring! Thanks everyone!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    JFT Mon 30/11
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 90+ mins of Cardio/flex/physio; 6000+ steps ; Drink 8 cups water :)
    2. Sort out tax return :)
    3. Start writing Christmas cards this morning :(Tax return took up more time than expected
    4. Attend final Peace lecture after lunch :)We received certificates at the end.
    5. Cook dinner for my daughter, who is coming to see us tonight :(Daughter had to cancel as she had to work.

JFT Tues 1/12
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 90+ mins of Cardio/flex/physio; 6000+ steps ; Drink 8 cups water
    2. Go to Craft group meeting this morning.
    3. Attend Art History group and give presentation after lunch.
    4. Make healthy choices for dinner. We have a dinner/theatre outing tonight in Belfast.

@joan6630 You are allowed a bit of leeway for celebrating :) Hope you enjoyed the time with your family.
    @bri170lb Well done for hitting your November goal. Great goals for December. You have inspired me to re-affirm my goals.

Health Affirmations

:star: make healthy choices about every bite I eat
    :star: be prepared to make sacrifices
    :star: non-food treats only, except for out of the ordinary events
    :star: practice my new habits daily
    :star: kick complacency into touch
    :star: reaffirm my commitment to total personal responsibility for my health choices
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Terry you are doing really well, very inspiring.

My goals jft are:

Eat wisely
    Drink water
    Move more
    Exercise, use my cross trainer - 15 mins at least twice a day
    Read posts on mfp to keep me motivated.

Thank you everyone for your help.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    WellingTX wrote: »
    For today:

I will reinforce the reasons I'm becoming healthier
    I will stay within my calorie budget
    I will work out for 60 minutes
    I will be productive at work
    I am expressing gratitude for my mid 80's parents. Spent a great week with them and treasured every moment.

Reinforced my wellness mantra
    Over my calorie budget but making progress
    Worked out for 32 minutes
    Great day at work

For today:

I will reinforce the reasons I'm becoming healthier, morning and on the drive home.
    I will stay within my calorie budget and not overindulge in any single food.
    I will work out for 60 minutes, get off the couch tonight.
    I will be productive at work
    I am expressing gratitude for the continued friendship and support of coworkerfriends
  • threshkreen
    threshkreen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Will remember to log food in today.
    Will stretch as instructed.
    Will eat 3 balanced meals and no snacking.

These are my mini goals for Tuesday.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Happy December, everyone!
    shrcpr wrote: »

JFT, 11/30

1. Stay within calorie limit. :)
    2. Walk the dogs :)
    3. Burn Circuit 1 :) + >11k steps
    4. No alcohol! It's back on the list. :neutral:o:)

Weighed in this morning and down 7 pounds for November (I only weigh in once a month). I'm only at 0.5 pound/week so I think it was because of that mouth thing and basically not eating for a week. Silver lining. :smiley:

JFT, 12/1
    1. Stay within calorie limit
    2. Walk the dogs
    3. Take the dogs to the groomed
    4. Cardio workout
  • brandid34
    brandid34 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

1. Bring healthy foods to work
    2. Walk a mile on my lunch
    3. Drink water
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Just for today I shall:

1. Drink 8 cups of water
    2. Stay within my calorie limit.
    3. Only drink tea when I have coffee a date with my friend tonight. (No baking or pastry, I had enough this weekend!)
  • mytime6630
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Today is December 1st.
    Here is my list of things I want to accomplish during this month:
    1. Get in the habit of drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.
    2. Exercise minimum of 5x a week during the month
    3. Log everybite that I eat 5x a week minimum.
    4. Read a positive affirmation each day
    5. try and encourage 1 member each day
    6. DO NOT weight myself everyday - maybe once a week

I am going to work hard at just these goals, and see how I do come January 1st!

Monday, 11/30
    1. NO sugar :)
    2. Low carb :)
    3. Either walk, or no matter how cold, get on my ellipical :) Walked in the rain, but it was warm enough!
    4. fish for dinner tonite. Need to get off those lbs I gained! :)
    5. Encourage others to healthier lifestyle - which in turn helps me more than them! :)

So here is day 1 of the month.
    Just for today,
    1. drink 8 glasses of water. 2 glasses at each meal, and 2 glasses inbetween meals.
    2. Log everybite that I eat - no matter what
    3. walk tonite
    4. plan my meals

• mytime6630
    Options

Weighed in this morning and down 7 pounds for November (I only weigh in once a month). I'm only at 0.5 pound/week so I think it was because of that mouth thing and basically not eating for a week. Silver lining. :smiley:

Congrats!! Your committment each day is such an inspiration!
  • mytime6630
    Options

Health Affirmations

:star: make healthy choices about every bite I eat
    :star: be prepared to make sacrifices
    :star: non-food treats only, except for out of the ordinary events
    :star: practice my new habits daily
    :star: kick complacency into touch
    :star: reaffirm my commitment to total personal responsibility for my health choices

I love these! And congrats on meeting your November goals! You are another one that is so committed - you inspire me to keep going!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    abacus93jp wrote: »
    JFT I have stayed on track, did walk more today(Christmas shopping for 4 hrs) that counts, right? Ha ha
    Still doing this one day at a time since 10/14. These posts ARE inspiring! Thanks everyone!

Oh yes -- Christmas shopping counts as extra LOL!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

I exceeded November goal to walk and/or jog at least 30 miles each week. I actually did an average of just under 5 miles per day!

For December I am going to lift weights 3 times per week and do cardio 3 times per week. I am also going to try harder than ever to accurately weigh and measure everything I eat, whenever possible.

Congrats on meeting your goals!! 30 miles each week is awesome - something I am going to try and do this month! Great job!!
  • beckyhunnable
    beckyhunnable Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this! Definitely joining in.

Just for today I will:
    1) track everything
    2) drink water (try for 64oz!)
    3) resist temptation at bible study tonight
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

Congrats!! Your committment each day is such an inspiration!

Thanks @joan6630! I love reading everyone's daily postings. It's really helped me keep on track!
    I LOVE this! Definitely joining in.

Just for today I will:
    1) track everything
    2) drink water (try for 64oz!)
    3) resist temptation at bible study tonight

Welcome!!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Happy December everybody! I fell off the wagon, but today is a new day, a new month, and i can do this.

just for today,
    1. log.... especially dinner!
    2. p/t homework
    3. plan and act
    4. smile
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Look forward to reading more posts in December. Great motivator.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    It is SO MUCH FUN to see all of the goals everyone sets and all the successes! It is very helpful to me to know that we can do this TOGETHER!

I am so inspired when I see that someone did not make a goal but then they keep on trying and trying and trying.

Remember you only fail if you quit! So keep chipping away at your goals one tiny piece at a time.

I am very excited for my goals the month of December. I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary of the day I started my really serious weight loss. I am hoping to weigh 170 on January 7, 2016. That will be 100 pounds lost in 1 year!

I may not quite make that goal on time, but I don't really care because the REAL VICTORY is that I never dreamed that I would be exercising regularly, running 5Ks, going to a gym, lifting weights, going to Zumba and Aqua-fit classes, and learning how to eat well and take great care of myself over the past year!

This is all completely new for me and I did it by focusing on it one day at a time. Many days it's just 1 meal at a time!

When I started, the pounds were everything, but I have learned that taking care of ME is the most important thing I can do for myself and my family.

So, welcome to everyone who is just getting started and congratulations to all you who had a successesfull month of November.

LET'S FINISH 2015 WITH A HEATHY DOSE OF POSITIVE SPIRIT AND GO INTO 2016 DOING A VICTORY DANCE!!!!