Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday. I want to share something with you. This is the hardest time of the year to reach your health and fitness goals. With the home cooked meals, traveling, treats, and for some, hard and sad times, it is hard to stay focused on yourself and do what it takes to ensure that YOU are taken care of. Talking with one of my friends earlier, I asked her to focus on her WHY. Why did she decide to make the decision to be healthier. Many of you I asked that a while back or you saw my other post "What is your Why". Sometimes you have to look back at that to see if your WHY still applies, or if it has changed. Then, use reasoning to fuel yourself to push through the wall and get back on track.

So I challenge you. If you are struggling right now, ask yourself Why do I want to be healthier? Really think about this and if youare comfortable enough, share with us please. Have a great day everyone!
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Options
    Good morning my fit pal friends. Alright, one big holiday down, one to go! I actually did really well this year, probably because I had to work, so there wasn't an overabundance of food lying around. But now, time to get back at it.
    My 21 day fix/fix extreme accountability group kicked off today, so that will keep myself and others on point right up until Christmas, and then for after, starting up the new Hammer and chisel program. I have so been looking forward to that one. We're trying to get a big accountability test group set up for that one.
    I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and you are back at it hard. Let'd do this!

Hi! I saw you were going to start the Hammer and Chisel workout. I ordered mine last week and am so excited to start it when it arrives! I will probably wait until the Monday after Christmas so I can get the holiday out of the way. I sent you a friend request - hope you don't mind! I've been trying to find others that are going to start the program so we can all support each other and cheer each other on! :smile:
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Good morning my fit pal friends. Alright, one big holiday down, one to go! I actually did really well this year, probably because I had to work, so there wasn't an overabundance of food lying around. But now, time to get back at it.
    My 21 day fix/fix extreme accountability group kicked off today, so that will keep myself and others on point right up until Christmas, and then for after, starting up the new Hammer and chisel program. I have so been looking forward to that one. We're trying to get a big accountability test group set up for that one.
    I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and you are back at it hard. Let'd do this!

Hi! I saw you were going to start the Hammer and Chisel workout. I ordered mine last week and am so excited to start it when it arrives! I will probably wait until the Monday after Christmas so I can get the holiday out of the way. I sent you a friend request - hope you don't mind! I've been trying to find others that are going to start the program so we can all support each other and cheer each other on! :smile:

Awesome! No problem. I am starting on the monday after Christmas too. My team and I have a huge accountability group set up on Facebook. Like 70 people I think. It's going to be awesome!
  • Walkingoffthelbs
    Walkingoffthelbs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Mom of 3: 22, 18 and 16. Was on MFP (and actually part of this group) and back again after a few setbacks in life. I do allot of walking, slowly working my way to running. Baby steps. Feel free to add - a little cheering along the way with friends is always helpful!!
  • KatyP86
    KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Heyy, I'm a mom to a 3 year old. Trying to lose weight to stay healthy and active for my veryyy active little boy! I can always use the extra support :)
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Hi :) Mom of 3: 22, 18 and 16. Was on MFP (and actually part of this group) and back again after a few setbacks in life. I do allot of walking, slowly working my way to running. Baby steps. Feel free to add - a little cheering along the way with friends is always helpful!!
    Pooja86 wrote: »
    Heyy, I'm a mom to a 3 year old. Trying to lose weight to stay healthy and active for my veryyy active little boy! I can always use the extra support :)

Welcome. Glad to have you with us!
  • elizabethgough
    elizabethgough Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great group! I am 32 and am a mom to two girls, ages 9 and 11. It can be busy juggling kids, a career, a marriage and weight loss but I am determined to do it! Feel free to add me as a friend for support!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Great group! I am 32 and am a mom to two girls, ages 9 and 11. It can be busy juggling kids, a career, a marriage and weight loss but I am determined to do it! Feel free to add me as a friend for support!

Definitely doable! My girls are 13 & 11, my son is 7. Career, marriage, running coach and fitness coach. If my wife and I an get it done, so can you. Thanks for joining us :)
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Having fun with the kids today sledding and snow boarding. Part of the reason I stay fit. So I can keep up with them :)

https://facebook.com/mikeperales77/videos/10156344866850300/
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you have a blessed day!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    So, I am thinking about hosting my 14 day fitness and nutrition challenge on MFP. I have hosted many on FB, but thinking it might be time to branch out a little. If I did, how many of you would be interested?
  • CMae818
    CMae818 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in a challenge! Personally it keeps me motivated! Btw... I'm a mom to a 7 year old daughter and 2 year old son. I'm in school full time and spend a lot of time getting my daughter to cheer, gymnastics etc. for a long time I put myself last just because of time restraints and honestly my family isn't as into fitness and nutrition as I am which makes it hard! Although last year I was determined to get back on track which means waking up at 4:00 every morning to workout and sometimes cooking seperate meals, meal prepping has been a huge help with that!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi, 39 years old and first time mum to a gorgeous 1 year old boy and wife to my amazing husband. I'd be interested in the fitness and nutrition challenge if you go ahead with it - my challenge is finding the time to do everything that I both need and want to do and as is so often the way, my exercise and care tends to take a back seat. I've eaten too much sweet stuff over the holidays and now with the new year seen in it's time to kick myself back into gear.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    MrsDHess wrote: »
    I would be interested in a challenge! Personally it keeps me motivated! Btw... I'm a mom to a 7 year old daughter and 2 year old son. I'm in school full time and spend a lot of time getting my daughter to cheer, gymnastics etc. for a long time I put myself last just because of time restraints and honestly my family isn't as into fitness and nutrition as I am which makes it hard! Although last year I was determined to get back on track which means waking up at 4:00 every morning to workout and sometimes cooking seperate meals, meal prepping has been a huge help with that!
    janetay01 wrote: »
    Hi, 39 years old and first time mum to a gorgeous 1 year old boy and wife to my amazing husband. I'd be interested in the fitness and nutrition challenge if you go ahead with it - my challenge is finding the time to do everything that I both need and want to do and as is so often the way, my exercise and care tends to take a back seat. I've eaten too much sweet stuff over the holidays and now with the new year seen in it's time to kick myself back into gear.

Welcome!!! Glad to have you with us. I am targeting the 18th for the start of my next challenge. That way it lines up with the one I am running on FB and it is easier for me to manage. I will do my best to keep everyone posted as we get closer!
  • NJPhil
    NJPhil Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a father of two girls, 7 and 5, and could use some support in sticking to my fitness goals.
  • countryspiritedwmn
    countryspiritedwmn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have 6 kids, 4 adults out on their own and 2 teens left at home 14 and 17. My 14 year old is very active. Anyone can add me as well. :smiley:
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    NJPhil wrote: »
    I'm a father of two girls, 7 and 5, and could use some support in sticking to my fitness goals.
    I have 6 kids, 4 adults out on their own and 2 teens left at home 14 and 17. My 14 year old is very active. Anyone can add me as well. :smiley:

Welcome!!!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Good morning everyone! My 14 day fitness challenge is live. If you would like to join in, let me know and I will add you in. community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111062-guardians-14-lean-fitness-challenge
  • countesscharleyangel
    Options
    Hey, I want to be your friend. Single mama of 4 juggling running the kids on their errands, doing my errands, working full-time, and trying to work out. Ugh I'm tired...
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Hey, I want to be your friend. Single mama of 4 juggling running the kids on their errands, doing my errands, working full-time, and trying to work out. Ugh I'm tired...

Welcome to the group! I would love to be your friend!
This discussion has been closed.