Calling all Women! Let's lose 20 lbs. by March 2016! Who's with me?! Svelte by Spring!

Options

Replies

• cjholloway
    cjholloway Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 5'1 and 138.8 lbs. Trying the low carb approach.
  • sbernstein3
    sbernstein3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • angdandrea2015
    angdandrea2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 53 and 5'4" at 155lb. Trying low carb. How do we connect and stay accountable?
  • kaydensmom2009
    kaydensmom2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am in.
    About me: My name is Kristie, 25 years old, have a husband and a 5 year old boy.
    Height and weight: 5'1" and about 180 lbs (my scale is broken and I hadn't gotten a new one because I have been hiding from my weight.
    Occupation: Also a RN here. I work as an intermediate care float, full time with variable shifts. Mainly night shift.
    I was always thin growing up (110's) but gained 75lbs when pregnant due to quitting smoking. I kept that on for about 1.5 years, then joined myfitness pal, and lost all of it while becoming the healthiest that I have ever been in my life. I became very athletic; cardio, lifting heavy, joining sports, and running often. I did it by just eating clean and exercising regularly. I stopped drinking pop, switched to whole wheat, and counted what I ate. Then I had a few things in the life happen and started drinking caffeine to help me with all nighters in school, and then my diet changed to match it.
    This is the heaviest and most unhealthy I have ever been. I am very depressed and know the only way to feel better is to get up off my behind and do something about it.

My goal is to lose weight and to just feel better in general.
    I also will weigh in on Wednesdays!

Good Luck everyone!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Stacey. I'm 29, 5'9" and starting weight was 199. I'm looking to be 170. It's my goal weight, not my ideal weight unless I have tons of muscle. Last time I was successful at loosing weight, I was in a running group and I think it really helped to keep me accountable.

Happily Married for 4 years with 3 bonus kids
    Favorite Color: Swiss blue topaz
    Favorite Store to shop in: Buckle, Ross, T.J Max and White House black market
    Favorite Hobbies: Riding my Yamaha super tenere 1200, hiking, kayaking, snowboarding, snowshoeing
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My current weight is 195 and I'll be weighing in on Fridays.

SW 199
    Last Week 195
    This week 195
    V 4lbs total
  • ThisisnotTinder
    ThisisnotTinder Posts: 16 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I am soooo in! I have been looking for a few accountability partners.

A little about me:

My name is Michelle and I am 45 years old. I have 3 awesome kiddos...ages 19, 17 and 8, and I am very recently divorced.

Currently I am about 135 and I'm 5'4". July 2014, I went on a mission to reach a goal weight of 125, which I did in October 2014. I then started on a fantastic muscle building program and I looked and felt awesome! June 2015, life happened and I kind of fell off the wagon. I was unable to get into the gym as often as I had before and I started eating poorly, not caring about the calories. I think I fell into a bit of a depression with the upcoming divorce and I just didnt care anymore.

I have found that I am not an emotional over-eater, but when I am in an emotional state, I dont care to be healthy and found myself ordering pizza or grabbing a quick bite so I didnt have to cook. This over indulgence in calories along with not going to the gym has resulted in a 10lb gain in 6 months.

Needless to say, I am quite disappointed in myself that I allowed this to happen. I worked sooooo hard to lose the weight and get lean...and muscular. Now my new muscles are covered in a layer of fat again :-(

MFP definitely helped me lose the weight the last time and I need to get back on the wagon.

With that said...I'd love to be part of this group and I am looking for a few new friends to help me on this journey again!

Feel free to add me as a friend! I promise to be supportive!

Enjoy your day!

Michelle
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, I can't find the group.

I am 36 yrs old, with a wonderful husband, and 2 Vizsla's. I work full time as a medical laboratory technician. I am going to school online to get my 4 yr degree. We will also be looking to buy a new house in 2016.
    My current weight is 240, and I would love to drop 20 lbs by my anniversary in March.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm a 31 year old married mom of 2 girls. I'm 3 months post partum. I'm 5'7 and 152 pounds. Looking to get back to the 128-132 pound range that I was pre pregnancy. I'm into writing, reading, video games and I'm kind of a movie buff. I usually shop at Forever 21/H&M (tops and dresses), NY & Co (tall jeans and pants) and Old Navy (workout gear). Feel free to add me.
  • 1911Duc
    1911Duc Posts: 8 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Well, count me in!

I'm 50, soon to be 51 in Feb, 5'-6", 200 pounds :( and definitely need to lose 20 pounds by March or April.
    My clothes don't fit and I feel uncomfortable, so I started on a journey yesterday (purchased a Fitbit Charge HR) to get this weight off by May, at the latest.
    I'm an engineer (hydraulics - roadway drainage)
    Favorite color: red
    Favorite store: don't really have one, as I don't shop a lot.

I enjoy shooting (3-gun, pistol matches, long range (1000yd)), hiking/backpacking/camping, riding my Ducati, time with 2 dogs, cooking, canning meats & veggies.

I pretty much eat really well, but the exercise part of the equation has been lacking for a while. I used to stay in shape by riding my bicycle with friends for 150-200 miles/week. Burning lots of calories. But, life happens and things happened to get me away from cycling.
    I doubt that I get back to riding that much per week, but, if I could get back to 100-125mi/week, I'd be happy.
    Going to set my bicycle trainer up in a spare room this weekend and hop on - see if my butt can take 20-30min. :D I'll definitely have to build up to more time in the saddle.

The Ducati - I have a set of leathers (pants/jacket) that I can't fit into right now because of my weight.
    I desperately want to fit into them by April, as I'm going with friends to Virginia International Raceway for a motorcycle school. I'd much rather wear my own leathers vs renting and putting that next to my skin!!

Anyways - I'm open to friend requests or a group add (if this is a group).
  • HarleighzMom
    HarleighzMom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have plans for ComiCon and a Poison Ivy costume that was made 30 pounds ago...
  • elizabethgough
    elizabethgough Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in!!

A little about me:

My name is Liz, I am almost 33 and mom to 2 beautiful girls that are 9 and 11. I have an amazing and supportive husband too!
    Occupation: Currently a graduate student but in May I will be a LMSW (Licensed Master Social Worker).
    Favorite Color: Pink.
    Favorite Store to shop in: Target, Anthropologie, and Urban Outfitters.
    Favorite Hobbies: Reading, writing, photography, scrapbooking, cross stitching, knitting, camping, traveling, fitness and exercise, spending time with my family.

Currently I am at 175 so I am hoping to be 155 by March!! (I am 5'5").

Feel free to add me as a friend! :smile:
  • Prerna2U
    Prerna2U Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group. I have been trying to lose weight for a long time. I exercise regularly and play a sport 2 to 3 times a week. I have trouble with food. Recently got a fitbit and have been on my fitness pal for sometime. I start off enthusiastically but it usually does not last for more than a month. Get tired of logging each and everything I eat. Though I should say it helps when I stick to it consciously because I count calories whenever I put anything in my mouth and it stops me from mindless snacking.
    I am in my late forties and let me just say I am 20 lb overweight. So this group would be perfect if it worked for me...
  • AmberMAdkins4
    AmberMAdkins4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do I join? I am in. I am 5ft and 199 pounds, and looking for motivationn support, and encouragement.
  • melissap28
    melissap28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! This is exactly what I came on here for tonight! I am 34 and weigh 183. I have been doing crossfit since last summer (a little inconsistently) and really need to buckle down on my diet. I sooooo am needing goals and friendly accountability. This sounds like the the right place. How do you join?
  • tdvandyke
    tdvandyke Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am 46 years old, mother of 4 teenagers.
    I am 5'2" and currently 133 lb. My clothes have all gotten too tight again. Ugh. I lost a good 20 lb with MFP about 2 years ago, but I have gotten busy and careless and it is all creeping back on.
    I would love to be a part of this group -- the encouragement and support are so important!
  • xnabnana
    xnabnana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in, please add me to the group!
    My name is Alexandra 25 5'7 and I'd like to lose about thirty pounds.
  • Daveygirl1
    Daveygirl1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Please count me in and add me to the group. I searched for it, but couldn't find it. This group is exactly what I am looking for :)

I am 45 with one amazing daughter. I started at 168 and then started logging around 164/163. Today I weigh 147.2, about 3 months later.
  • FemmeFireRL
    FemmeFireRL Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    bitabee, I cannot find the group. Please add me. Thanks!
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I also searched for the group but couldn't find it. Can you please add me to the group?

My name is Christina and I'm 28 years old. I had my first daughter this past October and I'm so ready to lose the baby weight and just get healthy again. I have been thinking about starting the 21 day fix and this is just the motivation I need! I'm 5'4" and my weight is currently around 235, but I will get the exact weight the day I start the 21 Day Fix.

Anyone feel free to add new as a friend :smile: It's great to have accountability partners!