40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Why can't I stop eating?!?!?!?! :( I'm soooo mad at myself!!!! Ugh!

Everyone is going so well. Beeps I hope you feel better!

I had several days where I was over my calorie goal - but my goal is set for 1.5 pounds per week loss. A few days I blew through those too. Still, I was a bit under maintenance for the week and it was OK. I just kept logging and tracking and realized I was making some choices without thinking it through as well as I have been doing.

It helps me to remember that it is a marathon and not a sprint.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,942 Member
    Options
    I have been really disciplined this year....normally i would be havin bailey's in every morning coffee.....this week, I chose to plop one tablespoon of eggnog into morning coffee instead. I have not snacked in the evenings.....again, normally i would be indulging like that, by now.

So, even if dec 24-25-26 I am "indulging", at least it hasn't been seven or ten days of THAT. Just two or three.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I have been thawing turkey in the fridge since sunday.....today I went to brine it (because we do our turkey on dec 24) and it is still frozen! Aaaaaggggggghhhhhhh.......anyway, I will start it early enough that it still turns out just fine. So, on the 24th, we are ten for supper at our house. Then "family games night" begins....kidlets in bed before ten and our oldest son/godson will stay over to share in xmas morning stockings and gift-opening on the 25th.

Because all the stocking kids are older, I always set up a pretty elaborate treasure hunt (with puzzle clues and printed quizzes) set up for them to go "find" their santa gift. That gives me time, xmas morning, to have a coffee and bailey's and cook up a decent breakfast/brunch.

Once kids (including oldest son and godson) have found their santa gifts, we eat....and then get to the stuff under the tree.

Our christmas gift-giving has been greatly curtailed this year, due to my unemployment....one gift under the tree for each of us. From all of us.

Then after brunch, oldest son and godson will head over to their gf's houses for xmas with them....kidlets are happily playing video games and hubby and I stay in pajamas all day, eating leftover turkey sandwiches.

I love doing xmas on xmas eve....it makes xmas day so relaxing and fun!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Shoulders"=Done! gonna goof off at work today!!! :p
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE!!! Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I do get mad at myself but I do this every single year despite swearing I won't do it. And being injured since Nov 1 hasnt helped either!!! Ugh!!!

Beeps, do you have room for one more? LOL It sounds like a lot of fun!

This year I decided to stay home with hubby and my kids and granddaughter. We will be having dinner, drinks and watch movies. I just want a peaceful Christmas. I'm cooking a semi traditional Puertorican meal, no roasted pork but will have a nice ham, arroz con gandules, Pasteles, potato salad (my husband's request), salad and arroz con dulce (candied rice, dessert).

I want to wish everyone a blessed Christmas!!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    gym's closed. so...total body at home today! :p
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Having sort of a rest day - because my head is so clogged up I can hardly breathe! !! :(
  • allenpriest
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It's tough to maintain the eating plan when one of the main causes of your emotional eating issues comes to visit! ! And it's especially helpful to hear, after losing so much already, how I'm still fat. I didn't know that - thanks for pointing it out - all the times. At dinner, as you sat in the family room, as I helped you up, in the car.
    Yep, emotional abuse -the gift that keeps on giving.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Alf, the kids did not like the treasure hunt, except my second son.... Eventually three of the four abandoned it!

I was sick xmas eve....hubby xmas day. Overall, not my favourite xmas.....

I am going to the gym, today, mostly to get out of the house. I am too weak to do a great workout.

I did not get "Strong" for xmas....will order it online today. BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Chest/Tris"=Done! oops. was supposed to be "Rest". i'm still one day ahead!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS! DONE!
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hoping everyone has had a good Christmas!

So I haven't been here in a long while. Had my 49th Birthday, a weekend trip with my 2 sisters and my mom to celebrate her 80th Birthday, which is actually today. Yes I fell off the wagon, let the stress of work get to me and have been overeating. Won a huge gift basket of chocolate bars at work, my supervisor gave everyone in our until a card and huge chocolate bar for Christmas, my neighbour and I decided to get Chinese food for Christmas since neither one of us wante to cook. Yeah another bad idea on top of the others that came before. My clothes are reminding me it is long since past time to smarten up and get back on track.

Did 3 fast walks yesterday with my neighbour and our dogs. One down this morning. Have to get back to tracking not one exercise but my food again and cut back. I know my portion sizes are are out of control again.

Going to keep reminding myself of something I heard a couple of years ago that makes a lot of sense. It's not what you do between Christmas and New Years that matters it is what you do between New Years and Christmas!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Back & Bis=DONE!
  • msmud
    msmud Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 43 and looking to take the best care of my "aging body" as I can! I'd love to be added to this group.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    @msmud, you are "added" by posting. Welcome!!!

@JackieUnlimited, great to hear from you! I do like that mindset! Happy belated birthday!

Beeps, I hope you feel better! Well, you tried, at least your son enjoyed it. It's hard to please the kids especially when they get older.

@allenpriest, sorry to hear. As much as we try to have great expectations of good family gatherings it almost never happens. We cannot change people but only ourselves and the way we handle those situations. I had a bad experience when I went to visit my brother on Christmas Day but I always expect something will happen when he is around, unfortunately.

Cheers to a great 2016!!!!!!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well today was the first workout in 9 days (other than a lot of walking on vacation). Man I felt it! But I feel so much better for going. Tomorrow will be back to work and next week I week start a 10% cut and hopefully lose some of this weight I've gained over the past 12 months.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

@beeps sorry to hear the kids didn't enjoy the hunt. I have to say we've had some issues with attitude from our 10.5 year old. Drives me crazy the lack of appreciation sometimes. Them a switch flips and he's back to his usual sweet kinds demeanor. I dread the teen years.

@JackieUnlimited nice to hear from you. Sounds like you've got the right attitude for 2016!

@alf1163 hope you had a great Christmas and new year!

@allenpriest I'm sorry your dad doesn't appreciate all your hard work. Just remember you are doing it for you and you have done an awesome job!

Back to work tomorrow. Already dreading my email, voice mail and mail!
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! Stone to lose and want to walk everyday.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hubby's birthday, today. No workout....took the kids to see star wars, instead! BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!
  • Broome74
    Broome74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    41, turning 42 in March.