Hockey!?

Options

Replies

• henshemi
    henshemi Posts: 1,981 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I miss the 90's NHL....not a fan of all the changes they keep making each year.

Gotta love Scotty Stevens and Rob Niedermayer....top defence duo next to Lidstrom and Chelios.

@Newarski22
  • barrski145
    barrski145 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    henshemi wrote: »

Agreed.
  • henshemi
    Options
    barrski145 wrote: »

Agreed.

Although Ovie plays like the 90's!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Let's Go Red Wings!
  • barrski145
    Options
    As for a pure goal scorer there was no one better then Mike Bossy. He only played 10 seasons cuz of a bad back and had a per season avg of 57.9 goals a year. No one has ever come close. Even #99 only avg'd 44.5 a season. That's incredible and will probably never be duplicated.
  • henshemi
    Options
    As for a pure goal scorer there was no one better then Mike Bossy. He only played 10 seasons cuz of a bad back and had a per season avg of 57.9 goals a year. No one has ever come close. Even #99 only avg'd 44.5 a season. That's incredible and will probably never be duplicated.

He's out of my era lol. Being only 2 when he retired....different game then as well. Goalies pads were soccer shin pads and Friday the 13th masks lol. But a great scorer indeed!!! :):)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options

He's out of my era lol. Being only 2 when he retired....different game then as well. Goalies pads were soccer shin pads and Friday the 13th masks lol. But a great scorer indeed!!! :):)

Goaltenders were a different breed back in the day, especially before they started using hockey masks! Just take a look at Detroit great Terry Sawchuk:

iu6ibm7lc16h.jpg
  • henshemi
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »

Goaltenders were a different breed back in the day, especially before they started using hockey masks! Just take a look at Detroit great Terry Sawchuk:

iu6ibm7lc16h.jpg

Awesome! Battle wounds!
  • barrski145
    Options
    I actually saw Howe play at the Joe Louis Arena in 1980 (I was 15) when he played his last year for Hartford. That's the definition of a true hockey player. Could do it all. Great scorer, great passer and if you needed an enforcer there were not many better.
  • barrski145
    Options

Sawchuck had over 100 shutouts before he started wearing a mask. And what kills me is you get guys like Roy who used oversized pads and a jersey 2x to big and people try to compare them. Ridiculous.

• barrski145
    Options
    The top was supposed to be a quote from bw_conway lol. Don't know what happened.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I actually saw Howe play at the Joe Louis Arena in 1980 (I was 15) when he played his last year for Hartford. That's the definition of a true hockey player. Could do it all. Great scorer, great passer and if you needed an enforcer there were not many better.

No doubt, you could make a case that he was the greatest of all time, playing in the Original Six era where only the best players were on the ice, versus the post-expansion era that watered the competition down with 30 teams.

The Gordie Howe Hat Trick = a goal, an assist, and a fight, lol. I saw him in the mid-90s playing for a minor league team, the Detroit Vipers; he was basically just on roster so he could play in his 6th decade as a pro hockey player, but he did get some minutes, and the crowd was going wild whenever he took the ice.
  • barrski145
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »

No doubt, you could make a case that he was the greatest of all time, playing in the Original Six era where only the best players were on the ice, versus the post-expansion era that watered the competition down with 30 teams.

The Gordie Howe Hat Trick = a goal, an assist, and a fight, lol. I saw him in the mid-90s playing for a minor league team, the Detroit Vipers; he was basically just on roster so he could play in his 6th decade as a pro hockey player, but he did get some minutes, and the crowd was going wild whenever he took the ice.

I remember that game. Wish I could have been there.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... Hmmmmm Where is the Stanley Cup right now? Oh Yeah!!!! Chicago!!!!! Go Hawks
  • henshemi
    Options
    Yeah.... Hmmmmm Where is the Stanley Cup right now? Oh Yeah!!!! Chicago!!!!! Go Hawks

Patty Kane! Got him in a couple pools.

PS...not this year for the Hawks. LA or east!
  • barrski145
    Options

Yep, Chicago has a good team for sure. They've won 6 now. Just 5 more and they'll catch Detroit. GO WINGS. LOL.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    ye910pfmdcc5.jpeg
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Yes @henshemi ! Coaches challenges are so annoying. "How can we increase goal scoring?" Challenge every goal for phantom interference!
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options

Who invited the Hawks fan? :wink:
  • BiggieSmallsInc
    BiggieSmallsInc Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Go flyers!