What is Your Ht/Wt & Size Clothing?

Replies

• spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    5'7

130-135

size 'what?' bottom:
    ON -- high rise 6 too big, low rise 8 too small
    Target -- could probably squeeze into a zero, 2's range from 'slightly loose' to 'muffin top but somehow falling off???'
    Stopped trying at Wal-mart when the 4's got too big

(can't remember my measurements exactly, but I know they point to what's supposed to be a 6-8 on most size charts. LOL no)

size 'XS-L' top (depending on length more than anything)

Bras are probably the most frustrating. Measure for one thing, but trying on everything in that range gives every indication they're not right. I have everything from 32F to 36DD

No idea on dresses. My one dress is a 'one size, S/M' that claims to fit from 0-14 and adjusts at chest (corset-style closure) and waist (belt). I think size 14 me would have found it too tight at its loosest, but 'supposed to be 8' me finds it a bit too loose at its tightest.

I hate vanity sizing. Hated it when I was fat, hate it even more now. If your size chart says I SHOULD wear an 8, an 8 should freaking fit. Sure body shape will change that factor a bit, but when it ends up being a ZERO that fits, you have done something wrong. It doesn't make me feel better about myself: it makes me worry that if I lose two more pounds I'll have to shop in the kid's section... except that won't work either, cause I'm still pretty curvy! XD
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    5'7

130-135

size 'what?' bottom:
    Target -- could probably squeeze into a zero, 2's range from 'slightly loose' to 'muffin top but somehow falling off???'

(can't remember my measurements exactly, but I know they point to what's supposed to be a 6-8 on most size charts. LOL no)

Bras are probably the most frustrating. Measure for one thing, but trying on everything in that range gives every indication they're not right. I have everything from 32F to 36DD

No idea on dresses. My one dress is a 'one size, S/M' that claims to fit from 0-14 and adjusts at chest (corset-style closure) and waist (belt). I think size 14 me would have found it too tight at its loosest, but 'supposed to be 8' me finds it a bit too loose at its tightest.

I hate vanity sizing. Hated it when I was fat, hate it even more now. If your size chart says I SHOULD wear an 8, an 8 should freaking fit. Sure body shape will change that factor a bit, but when it ends up being a ZERO that fits, you have done something wrong. It doesn't make me feel better about myself: it makes me worry that if I lose two more pounds I'll have to shop in the kid's section... except that won't work either, cause I'm still pretty curvy! XD

Definitely! I will go back to stores again and again when they have a size small that fits me. I will never shop there again when the xs fits me like it should be labeled medium.
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    5'2, 120lbs, US size 0-2 in pants and xs/small in shirts
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    5'6
    148 lbs
    Size 8 (US), Medium tops

• mymfpesk
    mymfpesk Posts: 7 Member
    5'6 175 lbs. size 8-10 pants size 6-8 dress 36DDD M tops
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    5' 4"
    150 lbs
    Medium in most shirts
    Size 9 junior's jeans pretty straight across most brands (I still wear juniors oops)
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    5'6" 195lb and size 12-14 on pants size L to XL on top real fun to shop can never tell if something is going to fit without trying it on when i was skinny size 4-6 i would just buy stuff off the rack without trying it on and it would fit fine now i spend more time trying clothes on and less time actually buying clothes
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Ht 5'7" and heavily pear shape.

@ 225 lbs dresses/Pants size 16; shirts L/XL - So to show how theoretical: I have a few pants and skirts from H&M, One of their 16 is too large (curvy cut); one is very tight (straight/no hips cut). One 14 fits but is tight and another 14 fits very well!

@197 lbs. Size 14; Shirts M (maybe I've always "naturally" gone for brands that size high? I should be a couple of sizes higher imo)

A-line dresses I can go a size down; if strapless I MUST go a size down :(
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    joinn68 wrote: »
    Ht 5'7" and heavily pear shape.

@197 lbs. Size 14; Shirts M (maybe I've always "naturally" gone for brands that size high? I should be a couple of sizes higher imo)

A-line dresses I can go a size down; if strapless I MUST go a size down :(

Not necesarrily ('re:shirt size) if you're pear shaped I'd expect your upper body to be smaller
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    5'7

130-135

size 'what?' bottom:

Definitely! I will go back to stores again and again when they have a size small that fits me. I will never shop there again when the xs fits me like it should be labeled medium.

I have really started to wonder about this as I have lost weight. I only lost about 30# and I went from needing a Large or 12-14 - to needing a 2-4 and XS-S. I am 5'7 and 135-138#. I am not XS. It has really made me wonder what truly small women have to do. I suspect they are shopping in the kid department.

On the other hand, I do think when you spend more money and get into designer things, the sizes go back down. I ordered a pair of "OMG I cannot believe I am spending this much money on a pair of jeans online" jeans and even ordered them in a size bigger than I had been wearing because it was where my measurements were and because the size I was wearing was the smallest size listed (no way the smallest size should fit me). They are about 1-2 sizes too small despite going up a size. I can squeeze into them, but they look painted on.
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 212 Member
    Amazing how everyone carries their weight differently!

I'm 5'4" (Female), 194 pounds.
    I wear size 12 pants, size L/XL tops.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Ht: 5'4" Wt: 126-130 (used to be 230 pounds prior to June 2014)
    Size 2-4 in pants
    Size US Small in shirts

Strangely enough, size range 4-8 in dresses depending on how the bust is cut (I have 34D bust).

I actually have a medium to large frame (was always told I have a 'heavy skeletal structure', but I have a low body fat % at this point due to Isagenix nutritional program and short distance running (3-6 miles per run)). I have very little excess 'anything' with the exception of residual small belly pooch from being 230 pounds a year and a half ago. I am trying to continue abdominal training to get that to go away, but I know it may never disappear.

I don't know my waist or hip measurements...haven't taken them since I was over 170 pounds.

I have NEVER taken my measurements 0.o and I lost 91 lbs lol

I do it but I obviously suck at it.
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    5'7

130-135

size 'what?' bottom:

I have really started to wonder about this as I have lost weight. I only lost about 30# and I went from needing a Large or 12-14 - to needing a 2-4 and XS-S. I am 5'7 and 135-138#. I am not XS. It has really made me wonder what truly small women have to do. I suspect they are shopping in the kid department.

On the other hand, I do think when you spend more money and get into designer things, the sizes go back down. I ordered a pair of "OMG I cannot believe I am spending this much money on a pair of jeans online" jeans and even ordered them in a size bigger than I had been wearing because it was where my measurements were and because the size I was wearing was the smallest size listed (no way the smallest size should fit me). They are about 1-2 sizes too small despite going up a size. I can squeeze into them, but they look painted on.

Lost significantly more than 30 lbs, but went from 16-18 (target 14-16), to... well.. this. Similar height and weight to you, same size. When I was skinnier than now (and also quite muscular) as a teen, I was in 5-7. Ordered some size 7 pants out of China based off so many people complaining the sizing was 'off' (too small - WAY too small) and took a gamble that they were sized according to the real measurements given on the sizing chart. They fit *exactly* how I'd expect a size 7 pants from my teen years to fit me now: ever so slightly tight since I'm a bit heavier and flabbier now.

Seriously: either the vanity sizing needs to stop, or the size charts need adjusted accordingly. XD
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    I'm 5'2.5 and currently weighing 162lbs. After losing 19lbs I am down to a size 8 which I found out a few days ago, I was a size 12 before when I weighed 181. I thought I wouldn't be a size 8 until I got to 150lbs which is my goal for now.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm 5' 2" and hover between 105-108 (thanks, Christmas treats and lack of willpower). I wear a 0, maybe a 2, but usually have to get a petite length. It is crazy though how certain stores size their clothing. I can't wear anything at some places, not even an XS, and I am by no means exceptionally tiny. End result, most of my clothes come from the same place.
  • awesomefulninja
    awesomefulninja Posts: 4 Member
    5'6" and 130 lbs. Measurements are 33.5"-27"-38".

Currently wearing a few sizes in pants.. I have size 3, 4, 5, and size 6 pants that all fit fine, different brands (juniors and women's sizes). Shirts, sweaters, and jackets are generally X-Small, sometimes Small. Dresses are generally small, I guess. I don't have much for dresses, so not 100% sure.

It's interesting to see how much size can vary even at the same height and weight :)
  • 11ria12
    11ria12 Posts: 4 Member
    5'2", 125 lb., 2-4 or S in all clothing departments.
    Trying to get to that XS!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I'm another one who's fairly consistent with sizing between Old Navy and other stores.

I'm 5'1.5", 138 with a medium frame
    I wear a size 6 on the bottom and either medium or small top (large breasts with small rib cage)

With stretchy bottoms like leggings/yoga pants, I take either a medium or small, depending where they're from.
  • WWbuffydo
    WWbuffydo Posts: 340 Member
    5ft4 and probably between 120-130lbs (I haven't weighted myself in almost a year, so can't say for sure). I wear an American size 4 usually but i own some size 2 and size 6 stuff as well
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Just because I know my measurements and corresponding clothing sizes for some period of my life makes me neither unhappy, "crazy" (wtf?), critical of myself, "torturing" myself, or going to my deathbed obsessing over them or somehow buying into the unrealistic media portrayal of beauty in the US.

But thanks for the imputation.