Mark your calendar...June 6th starts another round of P90X C

Options

Replies

• melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I started Week 2 today and I can feel some subtle changes happening. I was able to do more of the Ab Ripper X but not nearly all of it yet! Still I feel hopeful that my after pictures will definitely show a difference. Went out of town over the weekend but worked out before we left on Friday and when we got back on Sunday. I used Saturday as my rest day but did a lot of walking, swimming, etc. I don't think I've really lost pounds yet but I'm ok with that. I know the muscles retain some water so I'm really not even focused on weighing myself. The success pictures really motivate me and I'm so glad I decided to go ahead and take before pics (even though I have shown them to NO ONE...lol).

Great job to everyone who is BRINGING IT every day. We will see results!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite too! I felt like I could BRING IT for another hour I loved it so much!! I want to do it every day now and especially in place of the yoga (sorry reepobob)!!! I like Yoga ok but this one is soooo long and boring to me. I'm sure when I'm in better shape I will appreciate it more.

Haha, me too. My hub and I are still debating whether or not to take it out and replace it with some Kenpo or Cardio x (or both!) I ended up just sitting out through alot of it on Saturday. I just can't get it nor want to. I have no motivation when it comes to yoga. :(
  • megakingsbutt
    Options
    heyy, im new here and wondering if I can still join you all! i'm starting with my p90X this Monday and need some serious help with it, i've started it like a million times without being able to finish it... and besides i've got no idea how to do with the diet since I don't need to lose weight, i'd rather gain some pounds and muscle. thanks anyway !
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite too! I felt like I could BRING IT for another hour I loved it so much!! I want to do it every day now and especially in place of the yoga (sorry reepobob)!!! I like Yoga ok but this one is soooo long and boring to me. I'm sure when I'm in better shape I will appreciate it more.

Haha, me too. My hub and I are still debating whether or not to take it out and replace it with some Kenpo or Cardio x (or both!) I ended up just sitting out through alot of it on Saturday. I just can't get it nor want to. I have no motivation when it comes to yoga. :(

I don't like Yoga either, but if you can get through (or skip over) the first 45 minutes, the last 45 minutes is WAY better. I know the stretch/strength combo is really important, so I'm trying to make myself do it, and like it.
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    Yoga X week 2 in the book. Such a different feeling after this workout, and I think it's the workout now, not something going on in me. The other workouts are all familiar and leave me with that "juiced" feeling after. This one leaves me feeling like a rag doll, like somebody just put me through the washing machine. I am starched. I can tell I am exherted. Last week I ran in the evening of yoga, this week I'm going to let the workout stand cause honestly, I know I'm feelin' it.

I suggest to everyone to push through and do the yoga. It's a part of what is probably the most successful workout plan ever invented. It is in there for a reason. My wife also dropped out halfway through today because it's boring, and I can't help but think that changing or dropping out of the yoga workout opens the door to doing the same with any other workout OR the program itself. Are you here to do P90X or are you trying to do some other fitness thing that you like better?

Yes it is different I would even agree with boring, but done properly it works your body in a way that the others do not. I am not in love with the workout like our boy Bob is, but I know its' merit, and suspect that its' inclusion allows your body to develop in ways not possible with a different cardio workout on this day.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions for staying motivated? I've started the p90x like 3 times and have yet to get past the first month.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions for staying motivated? I've started the p90x like 3 times and have yet to get past the first month.

I'm only on day 21 so I can't say that I know exactly what it takes but I read somewhere that shortly after the 1st month is where most people quit. I'm stubborn. I refuse to be a statistic. So when that time comes, I'm going to remember that and push forward.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    heyy, im new here and wondering if I can still join you all! i'm starting with my p90X this Monday and need some serious help with it, i've started it like a million times without being able to finish it... and besides i've got no idea how to do with the diet since I don't need to lose weight, i'd rather gain some pounds and muscle. thanks anyway !

Welcome! No problems with that at all...
  • hockeyman28
    Options

To me, its just a mindset that for 90 days, THIS IS IMPORTANT. Kind of an extension of why I value the yoga x workout so highly. I need to work and sleep, but P90X right now is the next most important thing. Now obviously, if some circumstance comes up where my time is absolutely needed somewhere else, then I am out, but for right now the next 77 days or whatever- P90X is it.
    A short list of things i have prioritized P90 over:
    Hours 7-11 of sleep.
    All but most essential yard work (dont worry there's still time for both)
    This will sound terrible, but I will get my workout in while my 2 year-old kid toddles around the house and plays alone.
    Pool or lake recreation.
    A bachelor party next month that I'm planning on skipping so I can get my P90 in and a round of golf with the fellas the next day.

Anyway, the point is make up your mind that these workouts are the best way to spend an hour of everyone of the next 90 days. (just like the yoga is an important facet of the whole thing) Before you know it, it will be 45 days, and before you know it it will be mid-September and you will be mowing the lawn with your shirt off like reepobob- well maybe not you joelle, but you get the point. Then you have that hour back if you want it, or can move into another area of training.

And if I might add- you can do it!
  • reepobob
    Options

You gotta want it...I really don't know what else to say, but I will try. I loved doing a particular workout a little better than the previous workout, I like seeing the inches and the pounds drop, I like seeing and feeling muscles I never knew I had before, I like the stamina, the strength, and the flexibility increases I have with P90X. I like the structure of not thinking and just pushing play knowing that all key muscle groups, cardio, and flexibility are all getting addressed without me getting a headache.

In the simplest of terms, you gotta want results more than you want to not push play. P90X isn't for everybody...
  • jljohnson
    Options

Bob's right... you have to want it. Also, you have to make it work for you. I found that if I "scheduled" my workouts in the evening, I'd skip them. I work a full day, cook supper, take care of 2 babies, clean up the messes of the day, and by the time those babies are in bed, I want to rest too. Now, if I get up early, I don't have an excuse. Everyone else is sleeping, and I will gladly sacrifice 60-90 minutes of sleep to have some "me" time, and do my workouts. Make it work for you by scheduling the right workouts on the right days. Take your rest day when it works for you - start on a Saturday, if you need your rest day to land on Friday. Last round, I couldn't get up at 4:30 to do Yoga on Thursday, so I did Kenpo on Thurs, and Yoga on Sat. Make it work for you by refusing to give up. Yes, it's p90x, but you don't have to complete it in 90 days. If you get sick or injured, pick up where you left off when you can. If you miss one workout, you don't have to start the whole program over again. If you aren't ready to move on, repeat a week. This is your journey to a better you, so do it your way.
  • jljohnson
    Options

Welcome!

As far as the diet goes, I'd suggest either following Level 2 or Level 3 in the nutrition guide, or if you're using MFP, set yourself at least maintenance, if not to gain weight. You can't gain a significant amount of muscle while in caloric deficit. Keep the protein high (50% of your total calories or 1g per pound of body weight are the suggestions I've seen before). Hope this helps!
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    I just noticed this thread and I am a little farther along at Day 65 but there is some valuable information here.

I agree about the mindset of wanting it. If you don't have it then you wont be able to finish it. It is not just a physical change it is a mental one also. I went from doing P90X in order to get in shape for a beach wedding in August and it has turned into a lifetime change.

I have started a hybrid with Insanity for phase 3 of P90X because I wasn't getting much out of Kenpo and Yoga as far as calorie burn so I substituted Pure Cardio for Yoga and Plyo Cardio Circuit for Kenpo. However, instead of stretchX I do yoga on Sundays as my 7th workout.

I am trying to lose 20 more pounds in these last 3 weeks in order to get to 50 pounds in 90 days!!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    P90X Lean - Day 9 - cardio X = DONE! really pushed it today felt A-M-A-ZING!
    Off to make dinner have a great night all!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, its nice and sunny and HOT here in AZ. I've not had time to do P90X but I AM getting exercise so I should be okay to start week 4 I think. Do you guys think I could sub in that Core Synergetics for Plyo next week??? Because I REALLY wanted to do that one this week.
    Plyo kills my knees so I've been using Cardio X, didn't know if this Core Synergetics would work as well?

Now that I think about it...I should actually be able to double up on some exercises Friday, Saturday and Sunday and get the bulk of this weeks work outs in before Monday starts. We get home Friday at like 11am.

To the person who asked how to get through P90X having restarted it like three times....I have a different way of thinking the same thing (which is yes you have to want it) - I can do anything for 90 days. Its not like its a year long work out program. It is ONLY 90 days! You can do it. Start posting on this thread and we will help you along.

I hope you all have a great rest of the week. Will try to post on here again tomorrow.
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I have 3 more days and then I can officially say I have survived P90X! I've decided to do the Lean version for my 2nd round, which I will begin July 1st! I've been reading over this thread and love everyone's dedication! :drinker:
  • reepobob
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I have 3 more days and then I can officially say I have survived P90X! I've decided to do the Lean version for my 2nd round, which I will begin July 1st! I've been reading over this thread and love everyone's dedication! :drinker:

Lurker...LOL
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted lately, but I have stayed on track with the program. Saturday I ran my half marathon and jumped into legs and back Sunday. Chest and back yesterday and plyo today. The dvd's weren't as bad as I remembered them being! Not that they're easy, but I must have learned to like weights more:laugh:
  • hockeyman28
    Options
    Legs and back...snuck up on me, before I knew it soaked through a shirt. This one, kenpo and plyo my favorites in phase one.
  • reepobob
    Options
    Like hockeyman28, I did Legs and Back and ARX tonight...feeling it all over! I have a love/hate relationship with Legs and Back. It is such an all over workout (when ARX is factored in), but I hate sneaky lunges and one legged wall squats...but I plunder on...

Decent burn tonight...feeling it especially in the shoulders and back from the pullups as I tried as hard as I could to get one extra rep during each set.

Kenpo-X tomorrow and I wrap up another week of P90X Classic...probably will not be doing the stretch this Friday as I will be traveling...who knows...

Keep Bringing It!