What do your meals look like? (Let me see pics)

Options

Replies

• gonnabeHOT_Heidi
    gonnabeHOT_Heidi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is pretty simple - Grilled Chicken Breast on a 100% Whole Wheat Bun w/ a slice of Pepperjack cheese and yummmy strawberries!!

yummmm.jpg

Crap sorry for the double... and the pic is messed up... ugh! at least it was tasty
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Lunch - Turkey Sandwich, veggie flax chips, and half of a Pink lady apple 320 Calories
    lunch1.jpg

Dinner - Lemon Pepper Grilled Tilapia, Garlic and Mushroom Brown Rice, Grilled Pineapple, and Mel's fruity salad :) (spinach, romaine, mandarin oranges and raspberries using some of the light syrup from the oranges as dressing) 260 Calories
    DSCN2207.jpg
  • lsclarkpt
    lsclarkpt Posts: 1
    Options
    bump
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable. How creative you are! Where do you come up with this stuff? Dinner is my biggest problem :o(
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    photo-28.jpg

Lunch: not too exciting like a lot of the entries on here, but half a cucumber goes a long way toward being filling. :) A big plate full o' food for 231 calories. Not too bad.

Meadow Gold Viva - Low Fat Cottage Cheese 2%, 1/2 C 90 13 5 3 4 420
    Cucumber Whole - Medium Peeled Raw, 0.5 (201.0g) 12 1 2 0 1 2
    Earthbound Farms - Organic Baby Spinach Leaves, 1.5 oz 10 1 2 0 0 33
    Newman's Own "Lighten Up" Salad Dressing - Light Raspberry & Walnut, 2 TBSP 70 0 7 5 5 120
    Generic - Pecan Halves - Raw, 5 halves 49 1 1 5 0 0
    Add Food Quick Tools 231 16 17 13 10 575
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Here's today's breakfast: Protein Pancakes - approx 300 calories (41g carbs/24g prot/4 g fat):

proteinpancakes.jpg

Would you mind sharing your recipe for protein pancakes?
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This is my problem exactly! I come from a family of cooks, I was raised w/everything cooked with flavor, spices, herbs, etc (lots/most from scratch) Not that is was healthy, lots of home *country* cooking ;)

But, My husband came from a boxed dinner family. So he HATES real food and flavors. It makes it SO difficult to make good things!! And he craves salt like NO Tomorrow!

I actually prefer things bland or spiced w/o salt, but he can't let it go.

Any suggestions? (We both have weight we need to loose)

And I'm sure several of you on here are PROFESSIONAL CHEFS, some of the dishes look amazing!!! =D

A great salt-free seasoning, that even the biggest salt lovers in my family have been fooled by is Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute. It's really tasty, and VERY flavorful.
  • AshleyGriewe
    Options
    Yesterday's dinner: 250 calorie crock pot pulled pork sandwiches (per slider).

39948.jpg

1.5 cups, chopped onions
    2.5 tps, chili powder
    2.25 lbs, lean pork tenderloin
    1.5 cups, BBQ sauce

Combine chopped onions, chili powder, barbeque sauce and tenderloin in crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Shred with two forks. Each serving is a 1/2 cup.

I used Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce because it's what I had on me. I'm sure there are some sauces with less calories that you could use. I also had mini hamburger slider buns that are only 90 calories each. I only ate one and had some pineapple on the side!
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Here's today's breakfast: Protein Pancakes - approx 300 calories (41g carbs/24g prot/4 g fat):

proteinpancakes.jpg

Would you mind sharing your recipe for protein pancakes?

Sure thing! This makes one serving:

3 Egg Whites
    1/2 cup oats (uncooked)
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    vanilla and cinnamon to taste
    1/8 tsp of baking powder

Combine it all in a blender and cook/top as you would regular pancakes. I usually add about 3/8 cup of oats at first and blend. Then, depending on the consistency, I'll add the other 1/8 cup if needed.

My calorie count included the strawberries. Also, to bump the protein a little more, you could add 1/2 scoop protein powder instead of the extra oats, but then there's always the issue of heating protein powder. The macros are close enough to 40/40/20 for me.

Enjoy!
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump! Can't look through now or I will have to visit my kitchen!!! :laugh: So I will come back when I am full!!!
  • AshleyGriewe
    Options
    Tonight's Dinner: 300 Calorie Crock Pot Chicken Drumsticks

gordonramseystickychicken.jpg

12 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce

In a large bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and tomato sauce. Add drumsticks and stir to cover chicken with sauce.

Cook on low 8 hours. (I didn't have 8 hours so I did 4 hours on high)

Each serving is 2 drum sticks.

Number of Servings: 6
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Tonight's Dinner: 300 Calorie Crock Pot Chicken Drumsticks

gordonramseystickychicken.jpg

12 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce

In a large bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and tomato sauce. Add drumsticks and stir to cover chicken with sauce.

Cook on low 8 hours. (I didn't have 8 hours so I did 4 hours on high)

Each serving is 2 drum sticks.

Number of Servings: 6

OK, that looks really, really good!
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    bump great looking recipes man :0)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    This was more of a post-workout / night snack rather than a full meal, but I could eat it for any meal! I am huge on watching potassium, so I put kale and cherry tomatoes in pretty much everything. On top of the omelet (which is made with Egg Beaters liquid egg substitute) I have parmesan cheese and a packet of Taco Bell hot sauce. I hoard Taco Bell sauce packets when I go there because it's a delicious, no-cal, low-sodium addition to my meal!

e864abb2e3f2a9f7d4f985ad0a0caeb2.jpg
  • blm625
    blm625 Posts: 33
    Options
    bump! Wow I am hungry now!
  • AshleyGriewe
    Options
    OK, that looks really, really good!

It's a new favorite in our household! The meat fell off the bone and was so tender. Yummy! :)
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    All of these meals look fantastic!!! Such a great thread. :)
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Please come and live with me!

me, too!
  • r_jen
    r_jen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    yummy stuff will have to revisit this when I need dinner ideas!