30 Day Shred - Starting Around June 13th

Options

Replies

• jamontagne
    jamontagne Posts: 115
    Options
    So my arms are still a little sore, less than yesterday. However, I am experiencing soreness in my inner thighs today. I'm thinking it was the squat air punches! I can barely bend to sit on the toilet! HAHA! (TMI - I know!) At least I know it's working though!
    I've never felt that inner thigh burn until 30DS - isn't it the most horrible wonderful feeling ever?!? lol
  • bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    just finished my 2nd day of level 1 of the shred and dang it was still just as tough, the pushups and side lunges are a killer, but i found myself being able to get through the cardio easier. It's still hard for me to get through that last set of abs though, just because im so tired by that point. hopefully I can get through it tomorrow
  • drivelerq
    drivelerq Posts: 9
    Options
    My little sister and I started this on Sat. the 11. so we are done with day 4.....I would definitely not suggest the 5# weights to start...I started with three pounds and had a tough time, have cut back for part of it...
    :flowerforyou:
  • drivelerq
    drivelerq Posts: 9
    Options
    That is interesting, just finished day four and the push ups were not nearly as much of a challenge for me as the jumping jacks... I got the first couple of sets done ok put after that it was KILLER.
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The cafe at work is serving nachos...complete with beef, beans, sour cream, guacamole, and dripping with cheese.

.....must. fight. craving. I have healthy food in the breakroom refrigerator.....
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The cafe at work is serving nachos...complete with beef, beans, sour cream, guacamole, and dripping with cheese.

.....must. fight. craving. I have healthy food in the breakroom refrigerator.....

Nooooo!!! Stay strong mmassey1! What....ever..... you do......do not.... have...... the nachos! You'll thank yourself later.

Stay strong my friend.

Side note: I'm planning on completing day 3 when I get home from work. I did day 2 yesterday @ 5:00 AM the went to bootcamp at 6:00 PM, I've been physically tired all day, had to take a zipfizz to snap out of it. Tougest part was that I was getting JM flashbacks while I was at bootcamp, I could've sworn the instructor new I must have just started 30 DS because some of his excecise were things I had just done in the morning. Needless to say everytime I go to walk I feel like my quads are going to bust through my skirt. They feel swoll.

2nd side note: I'm worried about tomorrow, I have a company dinner outing so I will be going to bootcamp in the AM (If I can get manager approval) instead of the afternoon as usual. I'm afraid I won't have the discipline to turn away free drinks at dinner and doubly afraid that the free drinks I'm sure to drink will make me too tipsy to go home and do day 4. Need some strength from you guys!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    D6 L1.. 217 calories burned with the Shred.....550 calories burned walking 85 min in the park with Sophia.
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Nooooo!!! Stay strong mmassey1! What....ever..... you do......do not.... have...... the nachos! You'll thank yourself later.

Stay strong my friend.

Side note: I'm planning on completing day 3 when I get home from work. I did day 2 yesterday @ 5:00 AM the went to bootcamp at 6:00 PM, I've been physically tired all day, had to take a zipfizz to snap out of it. Tougest part was that I was getting JM flashbacks while I was at bootcamp, I could've sworn the instructor new I must have just started 30 DS because some of his excecise were things I had just done in the morning. Needless to say everytime I go to walk I feel like my quads are going to bust through my skirt. They feel swoll.

2nd side note: I'm worried about tomorrow, I have a company dinner outing so I will be going to bootcamp in the AM (If I can get manager approval) instead of the afternoon as usual. I'm afraid I won't have the discipline to turn away free drinks at dinner and doubly afraid that the free drinks I'm sure to drink will make me too tipsy to go home and do day 4. Need some strength from you guys!

I resisted! I'm glad I did. Definitely wouldn't have been worth it. Now, take your own advice and practice that self discipline tomorrow at that dinner!
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I finished L1D2 this afternoon. Weird turn of events meant I did that last half of the last circuit after a 10 minute break. Not stressing about it though.

My abs already feel better on the crunches and, ironically, my calves are killing me. No idea how that works since I run, but whatever!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I will do it. When are you starting???
  • mertracey
    mertracey Posts: 3
    Options
    2305411.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Count me in!!!!
  • kabakken
    kabakken Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting tomorrow though - gotta get through Week 4 Day 2 of C25K tonight first :)
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started the Shred yesterday so I am happy to find a group that is doing it at the same time. Support is always nice :) This is my second time around with the 30DS and I forgot how sore it makes you after the first couple of days! I'm definitely feeling it in my legs and pecs. And I totally agree with everyone about those awful side lunges at the end. I never feel like I'm doing them right because they feel so awkward and wrong...
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Stay strong my friend.

I resisted! I'm glad I did. Definitely wouldn't have been worth it. Now, take your own advice and practice that self discipline tomorrow at that dinner!

Well said my friend, well said.

I just finished day 3 work out. Felt pretty tired today - the aftermath of 30 ds and bootcamp for a total of 914 calories burned yesterday, but decided to listen to Jillian and push through, keep with it. I hope this gets easier.

My quads feel even swoller.
  • elizabethdemulder
    Options
    Did my first day of 30DS yesterday and I am definetley feeling it today. I really didn't think I would be this sore! I woke up this morning and was only a tiny bit achey but by lunch time I was struggling to walk up and down the stairs. I couldn't do day two today due to my work shift but I was able to get to the gym on base and do 35 minutes of elliptical. I will be putting the dvd back in tomorrow though, I am totally sticking with this!!
  • callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    ok I am starting when I get back from vacation next week.. and I am scared reading all these post... I am not great on lunges or abs... so this will be interesting..
  • BreBre134
    BreBre134 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i am in!! i am on day 2. i had to restart it.
  • 2BabyMama
    2BabyMama Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm in....today (14th) was my day one!
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Finished D3 yesterday. My knee was killing me this morning. I swear its the side lunges. Will be getting onto D4 pretty quick. Great Job Shredders!!
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome all newbies :)

I didn't get to day 5 this morning. Allergies hit me hard today, triggering a massive headache I just couldn't bring myself to do it when I was already dreading work. I am going to for sure do it tonight after dinner!