Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Good Morning and Happy New Year to everyone! It has been way too long since I have been on here, although I did log on every day. But I had horrible connection-so I didn't log any food or anything. But- I am back from vacation and back at it. Vacation was fun and I enjoyed my time without any food restrictions or calorie counting. I was very scared to get back on the scale when we got home, but I am happy to say that it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be! I was up, but only 4 lbs. After almost two weeks of everything unhealthy and lots of adult beverages-that wasn't too bad. Now it is back at tracking and trying to do good! I actually did a little bit of food prep yesterday for the week, which was harder than I was planning. I forgot our oven went out right before we left and the part we need wont be available until the end of the month. I guess we will have to use the grill until then. It will be interesting. Hope everyone has a great week! I did read all the updates and you're all doing awesome! We can do this!

Welcome back and way to go!! You can lose that in no time! Way to be motivated to get back on track!! Glad you had a great vacation! Sorry about the stove but the grill sounds very yummy! I love grilled food!! ;) So ready to get back on schedule myself!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I love the idea of a New Years Resolution of fun! I'm on the same vein that I want to do a New Year's Resolution of "Yes". I feel like I say no a lot because I let my introverted side take over and staying home on the couch is the path of least resistance. This year I want to step out of my box and do more things that scare me or take me outside of my comfort zone.

Last year I was able to achieve my resolutions of running a marathon and getting debt free so this year's resolution should be much easier (and a lot of fun!)

Way to go on last year's resolution! Sweet!! Having fun should be an easy one... ;)
  • danmarbar
    danmarbar Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Danielle. I am 24 (almost 25). I am the proud mom of 2 little girls. I am currently at 170 pounds and trying to get down to at least 150. My main goal is getting into better shape for my girls after being born with a heart defect. I am shooting for 15k steps a day as I normally do about 10k at work alone.
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Shy I love your puppy!! <3 Bentley is just gorgeous!
    I've eaten way too much food and drank way too much alcohol over the Christmas but I enjoyed it! :D
    Going back to weight watchers in the morning-scared to get on the scales but have to accept the gain whatever it is and move onwards and downwards!!!
    I'll let you know how it goes!!
    In terms of resolutions, apart from the usual health and fitness ones I havnt really any except this is the year I am going to renovate my house (after talking about it for years!! :D )
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    one hour of kickboxing, took the dog for a walk and managed 11296 steps today. :smiley:
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy new year everyone! I know we are already well into January, but it still feels awesome to be in a new year with fresh resolutions and motivation!
    I have to say that being on MFP for the last 3 months has been the BEST for me! I am motivated every single day by seeing people working out and eating under their cals!
    I've done weight watchers a few times but never felt like it was something that I wanted to do for an extended time.
    I literally want to log in all the time and see what everyone is doing, and it makes me want to go to the gym and do stuff too!! Thanks everyone for the motivation, let's keep it up!
    This isn't something to just do for January and part of February... This is a lifestyle of healthy eating and daily fitness!
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone !!! Its been a while since Ive been on here, the holiday were a blur of activity. Im happy to report I weighted in at only 2 pounds heavier after a few weeks of overeating and very little exercise!
    I kicked the new year off right with a fun snowmobile ride with my husband, kind of becoming our January 1st tradition. My parents watched our youngest and we got some much needed adult time. My husband ended up working almost double his normal hours over the week of Christmas due to a big snow storm so we didnt get to see each other much. I wore my heart rate monitor on the snowmobile for fun! Its a pretty good workout, we rode for almost 3 hours, lots of standing up, balancing and muscleing it around in the powder!! My heart rate monitor showed a burn of over 700 calories!! I was quite sore the next day, my legs were sore and I was really stiff in the muscles between my shoulders and upper back!

Cant wait to get back on track for the year!

Looks like we have another good snow storm headed this wat, lots of calorie burns shoveling snow and taking care of livestock in the snow! :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Good to see so many new ones on here! I gained SO much since Halloween, so this year is going to be my year. I am really trying to keep my sugar as low as I can, and trying to avoid carbs that are not good for me. I think my weight is as high as I was 2 years ago when we first met Shy. But, good thing, is the past is in the past. I know I have to change those bad habits!
  • aemommy1973
    aemommy1973 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there, My name is Michele and am pretty new to working out, I feel overwhelmed with all the info out there. Wanting to learn as much as I can and would love to make some friends along the way.
  • Shieldmaiden22
    Shieldmaiden22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I would love to be part of the group!! I jut strayed back as well and so far so good, but I know how hard this is would love some friends to count on when I need it!
  • RebekahRN83
    RebekahRN83 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It feels so good to be past all of those holiday gatherings and get back to "normal." It's so much easier when I can plan what I'm going to eat and have some control over it! I had one bad day last week, and ended up eating at (or a little less than) maintenance just for one day....and the scale said I had gained almost 4 pounds the next day, despite not even eating 2500 calories. I found that very interesting that it would hang on like that. Thankfully whatever that weight was (full colon, water, etc) quickly disappeared. I feel like I have a healthier relationship with the scale this time around, and thankfully things like that don't bother me because I just know whether it's bogus or not.

Anyways, I hope you all are getting back into your healthy routines and finding your groove. :smile:
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danmarbar wrote: »
    Hello everyone! My name is Danielle. I am 24 (almost 25). I am the proud mom of 2 little girls. I am currently at 170 pounds and trying to get down to at least 150. My main goal is getting into better shape for my girls after being born with a heart defect. I am shooting for 15k steps a day as I normally do about 10k at work alone.

Welcome! I was going to try to post my daily step count... so if you want to post yours and keep challenging me that would be great! 15k is a little up from my normal, but I am up for the challenge! Check in often! It's a great group!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    Shy I love your puppy!! <3 Bentley is just gorgeous!
    I've eaten way too much food and drank way too much alcohol over the Christmas but I enjoyed it! :D
    Going back to weight watchers in the morning-scared to get on the scales but have to accept the gain whatever it is and move onwards and downwards!!!
    I'll let you know how it goes!!
    In terms of resolutions, apart from the usual health and fitness ones I havnt really any except this is the year I am going to renovate my house (after talking about it for years!! :D )

Thanks Hon! I am absolutely smitten with her!! She is so fun!
    I am right there with you WAY too much junk over the holidays, but boy was it fun! ;) Let's just keep moving forward, that's all we can do!! Good to hear from you lady!!
    I'll look forward to the house update pictures on FB! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    one hour of kickboxing, took the dog for a walk and managed 11296 steps today. :smiley:

Awesome job Gill!! I had 11,028 steps... My daughter is really challenging me!! Love it!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Happy new year everyone! I know we are already well into January, but it still feels awesome to be in a new year with fresh resolutions and motivation!
    I have to say that being on MFP for the last 3 months has been the BEST for me! I am motivated every single day by seeing people working out and eating under their cals!
    I've done weight watchers a few times but never felt like it was something that I wanted to do for an extended time.
    I literally want to log in all the time and see what everyone is doing, and it makes me want to go to the gym and do stuff too!! Thanks everyone for the motivation, let's keep it up!
    This isn't something to just do for January and part of February... This is a lifestyle of healthy eating and daily fitness!

Great attitude!! Stick with it! You will do amazing!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hello everyone !!! Its been a while since Ive been on here, the holiday were a blur of activity. Im happy to report I weighted in at only 2 pounds heavier after a few weeks of overeating and very little exercise!
    I kicked the new year off right with a fun snowmobile ride with my husband, kind of becoming our January 1st tradition. My parents watched our youngest and we got some much needed adult time. My husband ended up working almost double his normal hours over the week of Christmas due to a big snow storm so we didnt get to see each other much. I wore my heart rate monitor on the snowmobile for fun! Its a pretty good workout, we rode for almost 3 hours, lots of standing up, balancing and muscleing it around in the powder!! My heart rate monitor showed a burn of over 700 calories!! I was quite sore the next day, my legs were sore and I was really stiff in the muscles between my shoulders and upper back!

Cant wait to get back on track for the year!

Looks like we have another good snow storm headed this wat, lots of calorie burns shoveling snow and taking care of livestock in the snow! :)

My husband did the same with the snow and since he was busy clearing the city, I was busy doing my drive and our renters as well... Good workout for me!! ;)
    Snowmobiles are so fun! Great workout!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Good to see so many new ones on here! I gained SO much since Halloween, so this year is going to be my year. I am really trying to keep my sugar as low as I can, and trying to avoid carbs that are not good for me. I think my weight is as high as I was 2 years ago when we first met Shy. But, good thing, is the past is in the past. I know I have to change those bad habits!

Hey Joan! Hang in there. To be honest... I gained back all I had lost then as well and since the New Year, I am back where I started as well! ;( But it is what it is a New Year and a fresh start!!! We can do this Hon!! I will be with you every step of the way! Any ideas on what we can do to help you along?! I'm up for options... challenges.. you name it! Keep checking in and keeping us updated! Hope you had a great holiday season!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hi there, My name is Michele and am pretty new to working out, I feel overwhelmed with all the info out there. Wanting to learn as much as I can and would love to make some friends along the way.

Welcome!! Glad you found us!! I am in no way an expert, but seriously this website has helped me tremendously in the past and I am ready for it to help me now as well. It really helps to check in daily with a group of girls and share everyone's struggles and successes. Helps to realize you are not alone out there, we all have good and bad days!! =) Also, it doesn't matter what you know... if you're raising your heart rate, you are burning calories and you are doing good for your body! Be sure to log all your food and be honest with yourself. Just because you didn't log that Snicker candy bar, doesn't mean you didn't eat it! LOL! Sticks with us girl! We will help you succeed and in doing so, hopefully I can lose some of my *kitten* along with you! Hee! Hee!
  • ShyCush6
    edited January 2016
    Options
    suzy585 wrote: »
    Hey!! I would love to be part of the group!! I jut strayed back as well and so far so good, but I know how hard this is would love some friends to count on when I need it!

Welcome Suzy!! Check in often with us!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    It feels so good to be past all of those holiday gatherings and get back to "normal." It's so much easier when I can plan what I'm going to eat and have some control over it! I had one bad day last week, and ended up eating at (or a little less than) maintenance just for one day....and the scale said I had gained almost 4 pounds the next day, despite not even eating 2500 calories. I found that very interesting that it would hang on like that. Thankfully whatever that weight was (full colon, water, etc) quickly disappeared. I feel like I have a healthier relationship with the scale this time around, and thankfully things like that don't bother me because I just know whether it's bogus or not.

Anyways, I hope you all are getting back into your healthy routines and finding your groove. :smile:

Well, with only one bad day, I'd say you did great over the holidays... I wish I could say the same. But I'm past it and w ill get back to where I need to be! =) Sounds like your head is in the right place and you are doing great! Keep it up!! ;)