Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• fitnforward
    fitnforward Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welocome Ashlee!! I would love to hop on board!! I was a member last year for awhile and fell off. Recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease and Hashimotos, Menopause with other issues. I have a lot of things against me, but as of yesterday I finally made some progress in the difficult almost impossible journey. I started at 185 at 5'4" went down to 183 yesterday after 17 days and inches lost. My goal is to lose 65 pounds and get down to 120. Some days I CAN'T get motivated to hit my basement gym, but its all about DISCIPLINE and you have to do it. I also give myself the ONE "Cheat" meal a week, sometimes I will save it for a special occasion or just pick a day. That helps me keep motivated and strong!! **** THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS**** :)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Welocome Ashlee!! I would love to hop on board!! I was a member last year for awhile and fell off. Recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease and Hashimotos, Menopause with other issues. I have a lot of things against me, but as of yesterday I finally made some progress in the difficult almost impossible journey. I started at 185 at 5'4" went down to 183 yesterday after 17 days and inches lost. My goal is to lose 65 pounds and get down to 120. Some days I CAN'T get motivated to hit my basement gym, but its all about DISCIPLINE and you have to do it. I also give myself the ONE "Cheat" meal a week, sometimes I will save it for a special occasion or just pick a day. That helps me keep motivated and strong!! **** THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS**** :)
    Glad to have you aboard! Hope we can help along your journey!
  • ShyCush6
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So since it is a new year and we have a bunch of new members... let's share some information! A little getting to know you... I'm Shy, from Wisconsin... 40 yrs old... looking to lose about 40 lbs. My weakness is sweets... I've got bad again about soda and got away from water, so I need to work on that... I don't mind working out, it is just finding the time. I have a teenage daughter and a new puppy and a husband that enjoys a sweet snack with ice cream almost every night in front of me! LOL! My fitbit is now my best friend and I love the challenges. At first it wasn't that fun until all my friends got one too! Now it a challenge and I am competitive so it is a good combination! My first goal is 10 lbs in 5 weeks...
    Let's try to "weigh" in every week, whatever day works, but I will try on Fridays. I started my scale back to zero on here and will work forward with the new year. I showed everyone how "piggie" ate over the holidays and I am ready to get back on track!

mommys-little-piggy-o.gif
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 I love biggest loser, I hope to be able to get it over here this season! The weight losses are nuts on it though and totally unachievable for the normal person!!
    Good on hubby and you giving up the wine and soda!

• Chanouel
    Chanouel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome discussion! I'd love to join in. It's time for me to get back into shape. My name is Chantal, I'm 46 and I have about 50-60 lbs to lose. I'm going through a weird time in my life...I just started a new relationship with a wonderful man but I also just learned that I'm being laid off. So good and bad happening at the same time. I figure the best way to deal with the stress of finding a new job is to be fit and healthy! I also want to look my best for my new man :blush:
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Can you watch it online? I was just looking as I would like to start watching it as well and it is on NBC... http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/episodes
    I'm going to catch up there.
  • danmarbar
    danmarbar Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Danielle. I am a 24 year old with two beautiful daughters, 8 & 1. I am in a committed relationship, but not married. I was born with a VSD of the heart and so working out is pretty tough and with the kids that much harder. I am sneaking in jumping jacks, stair stepping, walking, and bike riding though when I can. I am more looking be healthier for my children than to lose weight, but would also be thrilled if I shredded a few pounds. I am investing in a fitbit HR soon so will be joining that community as well.
  • tazzy2911
    Options
    Thanks shy but "this video is not available from your location"
  • tazzy2911
    Options
    We've a programme starting in Ireland tonight called operation transformation. It picks 5 leaders to follow food and fitness plans for 8 weeks while living their everyday lives. You can follow the plans online too so it's good! Great motivation!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    I got 11,835 steps yesterday! Yeah! If any of you are interested in adding me to your fitbit friends and challenging weekly, I am totally game! Let me know and I will message you my email and we can hook up through fitbit!
    f959c6a80b0db33e3705689adc31ecfd.jpg

im up for the weekly challenge :)

finished my steps at 12257 yesterday.
  • hellovickykitty
    hellovickykitty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you. Unfortunately I moved to an area with no friends or workout partners near by so this is perfect. I need the motivation!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    We've a programme starting in Ireland tonight called operation transformation. It picks 5 leaders to follow food and fitness plans for 8 weeks while living their everyday lives. You can follow the plans online too so it's good! Great motivation!

That sounds awesome! And it's doable in everyday lives.. that's pretty cool and would be easier to actually put into your daily life.
    I kind of wondered about biggest loser link that far away! ;)
  • RebekahRN83
    RebekahRN83 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    There's a new show that starts in the US tomorrow called something like "My Diet is Better than Yours." It will be on ABC. It has to do with people loosing weight at home while still going to work and daily life. There are several coaches and if you don't like the way your coach does things you can "fire" them and get a different coach. It is premiering tomorrow so I haven't seen it, but that's what I got from the commercial. I thought it would be an interesting thing to watch while walking on the treadmill, so that's my plan for that hour.

Now to tell you a little about myself. I am 32, married live in the Midwest, work a desk job as a nurse, played volleyball and basketball in highschool, and I love carbs and sweets. I'm excited that my husband is going to try and loose weight with me, because I'm hoping it will make it easier for both of us that way. I don't have any medical issues, but seeing patients every day that have complications caused by a disease that you commonly get when you're obsess, I am determined to loose the weight this year before I get any older, fatter, and have any health issues. I am 5'9" and started at 296 pounds, with a current goal of getting to 180 (although I plan to move that goal to 160 at some point down the road)

How bout every else's story?
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Back at work and trying to get back in the groove with my eating and fitness. Yesterday - mixed success. Spent 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer and burned a couple of hundred calories - yay - then spoilt it somewhat by helping my husband to eat the last of the mince pies and ended up 400 calories over my allowance - not yay! However logged honestly and planning to do better today - already have a 30 minute walk in early this morning and my day is planned in terms of eating so everything is in place - I just need to stick to it :)

Hope you are all having good days.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    my steps for Wednesday finished at 11927 :)
    I will hopefully beat that today, and i will also get in a kickboxercise class later :smiley:

Have a great day everyone.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    im up for the weekly challenge :)
    finished my steps at 12257 yesterday.

Awesome!!! Great job Gill!
  • ShyCush6
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I would love to join you. Unfortunately I moved to an area with no friends or workout partners near by so this is perfect. I need the motivation!

A great group! Check in often! We won't turn anyone away! =) Hope we help you along the journey!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    There's a new show that starts in the US tomorrow called something like "My Diet is Better than Yours." It will be on ABC. It has to do with people loosing weight at home while still going to work and daily life. There are several coaches and if you don't like the way your coach does things you can "fire" them and get a different coach. It is premiering tomorrow so I haven't seen it, but that's what I got from the commercial. I thought it would be an interesting thing to watch while walking on the treadmill, so that's my plan for that hour.

Now to tell you a little about myself. I am 32, married live in the Midwest, work a desk job as a nurse, played volleyball and basketball in highschool, and I love carbs and sweets. I'm excited that my husband is going to try and loose weight with me, because I'm hoping it will make it easier for both of us that way. I don't have any medical issues, but seeing patients every day that have complications caused by a disease that you commonly get when you're obsess, I am determined to loose the weight this year before I get any older, fatter, and have any health issues. I am 5'9" and started at 296 pounds, with a current goal of getting to 180 (although I plan to move that goal to 160 at some point down the road)

How bout every else's story?

I need to check that out! I would like to watch that too!! =)
    I'm jealous... I'm only 5'4"... I would have loved being that height playing sports in HS... =)
    Let's do this girl!! It only gets harder as you get older... trust me!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    janetay01 wrote: »
    Back at work and trying to get back in the groove with my eating and fitness. Yesterday - mixed success. Spent 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer and burned a couple of hundred calories - yay - then spoilt it somewhat by helping my husband to eat the last of the mince pies and ended up 400 calories over my allowance - not yay! However logged honestly and planning to do better today - already have a 30 minute walk in early this morning and my day is planned in terms of eating so everything is in place - I just need to stick to it :)

Hope you are all having good days.

Way to go on the 45 min... just think how much over you would be without that! It's a success in my book!! Today is a new day and hopefully the pie is all gone! LOL!
  • acpeters07
    acpeters07 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea :) at work now so I'll come back later and catch up/join you all!!