Replies

• rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    1/01 - 4.7 walk/run treadmill
    1/02 - rest, did a half hour x-country ski
    1/03 - 4.5 walk/run treadmill
    1/04 - rest
    1/05 - 3.7+ (I shut off the treadmill during the run..oops)11 min steady run
    1/06 - rest
    1/07 - 4.4 ran all the run bits, first time. did two 10 min runs. felt awesome.
    1/08 - rest, went for a ski, beautiful sunny winter weather!
    1/09 - 4.5 ran all the run bits AGAIN

exercise.png

Treadmill runner for now, following zombies5k. Running at 180spm seems to be keeping the shin splints at bay.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    moremonica wrote: »
    @WhatMeRunning - Thanks for the support! The knee is a recent injury. I have a small tear in the miniscus which the surgeon doesn't want to operate on (and I am fine with that) as the larger problem is I am littered with arthritis in the knee as well. I have tried cortisone and will probably try the gel injection. Happy to take any recommendations on things that have worked for others.

@moremonica I've had torn meniscus issues with both knees. The right one tore the meniscus at the posterior root. No surgery for me either although it WAS being considered until I got a second opinion. I have arthritis in both knees too but the right one is worse. The second doc told me I could rehab my knee by using the stationary bike 3x a week, no resistance, until I could walk relatively pain free. Then increase the resistance slightly weekly, and the time. When I felt I could, I was allowed to increase the number of days I rode the stationary bike until I could do it 5 days a week. I get the cortisone shot and within a couple of days I feel pretty good again. But this is the important part...you know your body better than anyone, including the doc. If something isn't right, get it checked and if you don't like the answer, get a second opinion. I still have trouble with my right knee. Sometimes I can ignore it and have a great run other times the knee gets all cranky and hurts. I ice it a lot. And when it hurts too much for too long, I go back and get another shot.

ETA
    @Elise4270 I too, agree with getting Stan's shirt for him. If everyone adds just one extra dollar to their payment for shipping, his costs would be completely covered. And again, thanks for jumping in to be the shipper. At this point I can't even imagine having the energy for it.
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    DATE...............MILES...............TOTAL
    1/1....................REST...................0.00
    1/2.....................16.00.................16.00
    1/3.......................5.00.................21.00
    1/4.....................REST................21.00
    1/5.......................7.00.................28.00
    1/6.......................5.00.................33.00
    1/7.......................7.00.................40.00
    1/8...................WEIGHTS...........40.00
    1/9......................16.50................56.50

exercise.png

exercise.png

Nice long solo run... there were times when I felt like I could run forever. Then I realized that all those times were the downhill parts.
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Lol @MorningGhost14 . that was me this morning, too. "Already 12 miles in, this is nothing" Said In the middle of a 1.5+ mile downhill slope. The mile long uphill climb I hit shortly thereafter set me straight, though.
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning I found the obstacles were pretty good. They had them set up so if you felt that you couldn't do one there was an easier one. Or you could just go around some. Nothing was overly difficult. Now if you did the Spartan race that was different. I think there you are expected to have a different level of fitness. Mud run was more for run.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    exercise.png
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    9voice9 wrote: »
    No profit, although all the work Stan put into this I think we should absorb the cost of his shirt.

I'll start looking into shipping costs. I'll probably go with the bubble wrap envelope, and may see what USPS has in the way of flat rate shipping.
    I second the motion to buy Stan's shirt for him (or at least, another one for him). Not sure how we accomplish that, but it should be done.

I for one would be willing to do increased costs for UPS or other than USPS shipping - my experiences with them have been beyond horrific, and I have said I'd rather have things shipped by horse & buggy than USPS ever again.

Works for me. It'll be the same drop off point. Maybe we can spread out the cost of Stan's shirt with the shipping expense (for those that wanna) and we/I can just PayPal him what we collect.

I'm happy to put in $15 Au to cover shipping .. I think that will be around $5 more than what shipping would be to Australia + cost of the shirt.. It isnt much but you can put that towards Stans shirt too :smile:
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    vandinem wrote: »
    The shirts have been organized? @Stoshew71, can you re-post the link? And thanks!

I would say that we are in the later stages of still organizing. Just a couple more details to iron out and I will post a link so everyone can order.

• Stoshew71
    Options
    @Stoshew71 Thanks so much for organizing the shirts for us all! You're a gem!

It was all @skippygirlsmom idea. I am just a facilitator.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    No profit, although all the work Stan put into this I think we should absorb the cost of his shirt.

I'll start looking into shipping costs. I'll probably go with the bubble wrap envelope, and may see what USPS has in the way of flat rate shipping.
    I second the motion to buy Stan's shirt for him (or at least, another one for him). Not sure how we accomplish that, but it should be done.

I for one would be willing to do increased costs for UPS or other than USPS shipping - my experiences with them have been beyond horrific, and I have said I'd rather have things shipped by horse & buggy than USPS ever again.

Works for me. It'll be the same drop off point. Maybe we can spread out the cost of Stan's shirt with the shipping expense (for those that wanna) and we/I can just PayPal him what we collect.

I'm happy to put in $15 Au to cover shipping .. I think that will be around $5 more than what shipping would be to Australia + cost of the shirt.. It isnt much but you can put that towards Stans shirt too :smile:

Heck I figure if everyone adds 1USD we got it covered.

I like to plan ahead and get organized. I have packaging and will start preadressing them today. No hurry, just if anyone else is neurotic like me, pm me. :smiley:

• SamColl72
    SamColl72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Another 7 miles ran today, so since last Sunday thats 20.5 miles of my goal of 80 miles this month.

Another 59.5 miles to run by the end of the month :-)
  • Stoshew71
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks guys for the thought. But it really isn't necessary to pay for my shirt, honestly. There will be a way for everyone to order their own shirt directly from the shirt company. They will all get shipped directly to Elise. Then everyone PM's Elise their address, what they ordered, and give her money to ship your shirt from her to you. That simple.

You guys are all sweet. Proud to be a part of this group. I didn't realize how many of you all I would inspire when I first started organizing this. Seeing you all doing great things with your running is thanks enough. :-)
  • Elise4270
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the thought. But it really isn't necessary to pay for my shirt, honestly. There will be a way for everyone to order their own shirt directly from the shirt company. They will all get shipped directly to Elise. Then everyone PM's Elise their address, what they ordered, and give her money to ship your shirt from her to you. That simple.

Uh, too bad Stan.. I'll be sending you a check with your shirt. We love and appreciate all you do for us. It's the least we can do. Right guys?

You can buy you're cats a special treat with it. Or use it towards a race fee...
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for January

1/1 4 miles - 4
    1/2 13.5 miles - 17.5
    1/3 REST DAY
    1/4 10 miles - 27.5
    1/5 9 miles - 36.5
    1/6 5.5 miles - 42
    1/7 10 miles - 52
    1/8 6.05 miles - 58.05
    1/9 15 miles - 73.05

exercise.png
  • Virkati
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

Uh, too bad Stan.. I'll be sending you a check with your shirt. We love and appreciate all you do for us. It's the least we can do. Right guys?

You can buy you're cats a special treat with it. Or use it towards a race fee...

Right on @Elise4270 !! Your shirt is free Stan, gonna just have to deal with it...towards a race fee sound excellent!
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @runner_girl83 congrats on the 10k, always nice getting that medal.

Goal: 100km

1st 5k treadmill
    2nd 5k park run
    3rd 12k run
    4th 5k walk
    5th gym
    6th 7k run
    7th rest
    8th gym
    9th 5k park run
    10th 10k run

Total 49km

Offical time for yesterday's run was 30:42. Will keep working at it to get it under 30.
    Had a horrible run this morning for lots of different reasons. Was meant to do 13 but only managed to do 10 due to time restraints better than none at all.

• Elise4270
    Options
    1/1...3.68
    2/1...5.20 walk
    3/1...5.70
    4/1...0.5
    5/1...2.17
    6/1...rest
    7/1...5.10
    8/1...rest
    9/1...4.3 treadmill walk.

26.65/100+ Miles

Upcoming races:

02/06/16 Hot Chocolate 15K Dallas
    03/19/16 Rock N Roll 5K Dallas
    03/20/16 Rock N Roll Half Dallas
    04/24/16 OKC Memorial undecided distance
    Run the year 2016 22.35 /2016
  • jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Well I have complete week one of training for a 5K. To hold myself accountable, I will search for 5Ks to run come spring (or earlier).
  • Virkati
    Options
    If it weren't for @Stoshew71 and @skippygirlsmom this group wouldn't be the resounding success that it is. Here's my idea...let us all pay for Stan's shirt because of all the legwork he did in putting the whole thing together and I'd also like us to pay for skippygirlsmom's shirt because the whole thing was her idea in the first place.

For those of you getting the shirts, whaddya say?
  • Elise4270
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    If it weren't for @Stoshew71 and @skippygirlsmom this group wouldn't be the resounding success that it is. Here's my idea...let us all pay for Stan's shirt because of all the legwork he did in putting the whole thing together and I'd also like us to pay for skippygirlsmom's shirt because the whole thing was her idea in the first place.

For those of you getting the shirts, whaddya say?

I'm down! If anyone wants to contribute a few bucks we can just split it between them. Of course, I don't want this to be misinterpreted as a "dig deep" message. Just an opportunity for a showing of appreciation. @Stoshew71, I understand seeing all our miles logged here is affirmation of your positive influence. I feel that a personal gesture is warranted, even if it is only 2$.

We really have become a family.