Replies

• smilelaughlove17
    smilelaughlove17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• smilelaughlove17
    smilelaughlove17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Brrrrrr! 16° this morning with a windchill of 8°! I have some exciting news, I have been asked to coach Girls On The Run in March, I'm very excited and can't believe how far I've come in 10 months. I started C25k in March of last year as a serious couch potato and since I've run 400 miles, two 5ks and I am training for my first 10k in June. Love running love you guys thanks for the support/challenge to just get better!
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    exercise.png
    1/4: 2 miles outside with 2 dogs
    1/6: 2 miles outside with 2 dogs
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Goal - 50 miles.

Jan 1 3.88
    Jan 3 4.07
    Jan 5 4.01

Total 11.96

• katebreak
    katebreak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone!
    Been running around a year now and signed up for my first 10k race this April. Hoping to better my time from the ones I've done so far :)
    For this month I'm pledging 64km with 15km completed so far.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    z1o9lqfk9nwe.png
    A bit better this morning...
    That is running shorts weather! :tongue:
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Wanted to share this with you.. This made me cry and sent shivers up my spine.. This is a little boy with Cerebral Palsy, running 100 metres with his classmates... I was cheering for him out loud, watching this from my computer! What a champion!! And his smile says it all!! So beautiful!!

https://www.facebook.com/7newssc/videos/1006524272738340/?fref=nf

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    z1o9lqfk9nwe.png

Uh, only if that's Celsius! Or you're @MorningGhost14 :o
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for January

1/1 4 miles - 4
    1/2 13.5 miles - 17.5
    1/3 REST DAY
    1/4 10 miles - 27.5
    1/5 9 miles - 36.5
    1/6 5.5 miles - 42

exercise.png

• deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    :smile:
    January 1st- 3.5 miles
    January 4th- 6 miles
    January 5th- 3.5 miles
    Total so far: 13 miles
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    z1o9lqfk9nwe.png

I wear pants for anything below freezing, and a long sleeve shirt once it gets below 40. I am tempted to try shorts in 25+ though. Maybe next time. But that's what I said last time too. :smiley: Remember SonicDeathMonkey? He wore shorts in all sorts of crazy cold weather and thought all of us pants-wearers were nuts.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Newbie welcome to @Miffylou

@Virkatl:
    michable wrote: »
    A cyclist stopped me to warn about a snake on the path (I didn't see it when I went through, but I was looking out for it), and a mob of kangaroos behind the golf club.

I have this image of a bunch of ‘roos in fedoras with a cigarette dangled out the side of their mouths speaking like Jimmy Cagney. "When that guy comes running around here, we're all gonna jump him see!" LOL

@pilchierox: Way to go!

@afrench050612: Wow..that’s way more than I accomplished in 10 months.

Jan 1: When the run started it was still the 1st..so I'm counting it here. 6.59 cold night miles, slow, around 12:40/mile.
    Jan 2: REST DAY
    Jan 3: First “official” training day for the HM and first snowfall of the year (on a run day at least). 3.51 miles. Some fast intervals mixed in with slower paced runs. 12:10 average pace, fastest split was mile 2 (11:29).
    Jan 4: Wimped out :(
    Jan 5: Ice in my ‘stache at the end of the run…that’s new. 3.2 miles this morning
    Jan 6: Went an extra .5 before I took my first (brief) walk break. 5.05 miles avg. pace around 12:11

exercise.png
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have this image of a bunch of ‘roos in fedoras with a cigarette dangled out the side of their mouths speaking like Jimmy Cagney. "When that guy comes running around here, we're all gonna jump him see!" LOL

And now I'm thinking about the weasels from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?...
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    z1o9lqfk9nwe.png

I wear pants for anything below freezing, and a long sleeve shirt once it gets below 40. I am tempted to try shorts in 25+ though. Maybe next time. But that's what I said last time too. :smiley: Remember SonicDeathMonkey? He wore shorts in all sorts of crazy cold weather and thought all of us pants-wearers were nuts.

I don't like being cold. I don't wear shorts or short sleeves until it's at least 75F.
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    z1o9lqfk9nwe.png

I don't like being cold. I don't wear shorts or short sleeves until it's at least 75F.
    That is streaking weather here.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the warm "welcomes". You guys are a crazy bunch! I enjoy reading and scrolling through these pages and trying to get to know all of you ( and trying to keep it all straight in my head!!)

@afrench050612 – your new is exciting! I’m so happy for YOU! Your story really inspires me – that you’ve come so far in only 10 months! I have wanted to be a runner for the past 2 years and appreciate your story! Congrats on your news!

Running goal for January: 20 miles
    01/01 - 1 mile
    01/03 - 2 miles
    01/06 - 1 mile
    total so far this month: 4 miles

whoo hoo!!
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    michable wrote: »
    A cyclist stopped me to warn about a snake on the path (I didn't see it when I went through, but I was looking out for it), and a mob of kangaroos behind the golf club.

I have this image of a bunch of ‘roos in fedoras with a cigarette dangled out the side of their mouths speaking like Jimmy Cagney. "When that guy comes running around here, we're all gonna jump him see!" LOL[/quote]

@GBrady43068 I laughed so hard I had a coughing fit!
  • Gulzil
    Gulzil Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm putting myself down for 25 miles of running for January.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Letting the ITB rest another day or two while doing my exercises and stretching.

@whatmerunning The thing with SonicDeathMonkey is he wanted to show off his nice legs ha ha, that man never looked bad during a race. Skip always asks "does he sweat at all?"
    @afrench050612 Congrats! that is great
    @shanaber yipes, adds a whole new meaning to the "carpool" lane. Stay safe it looks like you are going to get some bad weather. Did you feel the earthquake today?
    @michable I told Skip you saw kangaroos on your run today, she said she hates you then she said no don't tell her that tell her I love her so she'll let me come visit her. ha ha
    @mobycarp can't even imagine!
    @morningghost14 you're having a heatwave
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    @shanaber ....

Spelt Crepes
    • 1 cup white spelt flour (I use ¾ cup whole spelt flour and ¼ cup teff flour…crepes are more rustic… and I have used all buckwheat flour with good results, too.)
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1 teaspoon sugar
    • 3 or 4 eggs
    • 1 cup buttermilk (soy milk or regular milk may be substituted – almond milk, flax milk, and coconut milk all work too. If using buttermilk, I make my own with a cup of 2% milk and a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and let it sit about 10 minutes.)
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 3 tablespoons oil (your favorite cooking oil – I prefer coconut or grapeseed).
    • 1/2 teaspoon butter or non-stick cooking spray
    In a large bowl, combine the spelt flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, water, and oil to form a very smooth and thin batter.
    I usually use a whisk; however a blender works well too. Many crepe recipes recommend covering the batter and allowing it to sit for a time before cooking so that the flour particles expand. However, I rarely do this as I generally do not have the patience! If you do have the time, cover the bowl and allow it to sit in the fridge for a few hours, on the counter for 30 minutes or (if you’re really organized), prepare the batter the night before.
    Over medium heat, heat an 8-inch frying pan or a few minutes. Add the 1/2 teaspoon of butter or coat with cooking spray. You will only need to do this at the start.
    Using a dry measuring cup, add a scant 1/4 cup of prepared crepe batter to the frying pan (you may need up to 1/3 cup if using a larger pan). Twirl the pan so that the batter covers the bottom of the pan in a thin layer. The first couple of crepes are often a write-off (or snack for the chef) as you get the temperature and amount of batter just right. I don’t worry too much about shape or thinness – they improve as you go and are always delicious!
    The crepe will be ready to flip when it appears slightly dry on top and golden on the bottom (approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes). To flip, I usually run a knife around the edge and then use my thumb and forefinger to flip it or slip a rubber spatula beneath. The crepes will only require about 30 seconds of cooking on the other side.
    Stack the crepes on a plate as you go. You can keep them warm in a 200 degree F. oven or they are great served at room temperature.
    (I like spreading these with almond butter, chia seeds and a light drizzle of honey for a pre-run boost… or a mid-run snack on longer runs. They roll up nicely and fit easily into my camelback.)