WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options

Forgot this part:

DJ - this is leap year???? I didn't know that!

Sylvia - my aunt used to send $2 bills to grand-nieces and nephews.

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well today I spent my 3rd night in the recliner, because I'm more upright and not coughing. Feeling a lot better. Have told my husband that we need to go out to dinner. All three of us haven't gone out for dinner in like forever, so bout' time its due. Also I haven't been out of this apartment in ages it seems. Getting cabin fever!

To the new gal that said this was a closed group, she never introduced herself, or anything. I have a "new member" feature built in to my computer, and it didn't go off. She said none of the key words like, "Hi I am New, may I join this little group, or how do I join". My computer picks up on those. With all the bells and whistles too!

Feeling better feels good. Took a long shower with my new Dove Shampoo and conditioner, Dove bodywash because I want to look like those Dove ladies on the commercial. I even dried my hair with a curling iron blow dryer thingy. I don't do that too often. I am such a simpleton. The thought of putting on make-up makes me nervous, (even though I did put on some powder and eye stuff for DATE NIGHT in THAT dress). I just feel claustrophobic with stuff on my face, silly huh.

Well my husband said our neighbors were at it at 10 pm, 11 pm, 2:20 am, and 7 am. Personally I will take their barking dog over sex any night. Glad I was in the living room! There are times during the day when WE are loud, and afterwards I slam the closet doors loud and everything. Payback. Even though ours is more diplomatic because its during the day, not disturbing peoples sleep. *sigh* Being apartment dwellers have their drawbacks. If I felt comfortable I would approach one of them, but my intuitions tell me they are not approachable. Clear signals with frowning and everything. Granted, I turned them in for their barking dog, but what they don't know is that we were given a choice to have them fined or just a warning. The fine was $300 or something, so I told them to just warn them. And yes the dog still barks when they leave it home every day. The manager said it was a service dog. Who keeps their service dog home alone all day? Granted I don't know the whole story I am just guessing.

Thanks for all your support, and well wishes. You ladies are the bee's knees, the cat's meow, the tick to my tock, my true North. Love you all. (((((group hugs)))))))

Becca
    Oregon
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Oh, I have to add. I have never bought anything from Groupon but i got an email that they had Fit Bits, the flex for $74.99 and the charge for $79.99. I have no idea how long the offers are for

For those of you that I recommended groupon.com to ... just wanted to let you know that when I tried to order four "I Love You to The Moon And Back" necklaces that I had seen on groupon, it sent me to an entirely wrong place when I went to redeem my coupon (NOT VERY CLEAR ABOUT WHAT TO DO); and it sent me to monogramhub.com instead of to monogramonline.com. After 20 emails of 'we don't have your order and finger pointed at one another'. The 'unredeemed them so I could go through their process again'. Then while I was in the process of doing what I had been instructed to do; my SunTrust credit card (Fraud Preventive Department) called me and asked if I had just purchased something online for the amount of $149.99 and I told her NOT for that amount; and told her how groupon had charged the $7.99 for one; and then $19.99 for the other 3 and I was going to dispute the charge. She said they would take it off my account while they investigated the problem. I already have a 'dispute' on another charge in the amount of $144.95 on my card for a company I did not recognize for on the 24th of December and coming from Beijing, China. I told her that I had disputed that charge; and had received a letter from them saying that it was in progress. I don't go anywhere ... not even 'online' to buy anything, especially NOT in Beijing, China. I finally called groupon and told them what was occurring and told them I did not want the items that they had charged me for.

"Apparently" I got sent to monogramhub.com instead of monogramonline.com. I was so PISSED I was a "Major *kitten*" yesterday; but, now my account will be credited back for the 'sales price' from groupon.com. Before I had never had a problem and even sent by the Fitbit I bought from them when I could not load it after I had charge it. Not even my 'computer geeks' could get it loaded. I sent it back and apparently the tracking shows that it is well o its way'. The people at groupon said they checked on it and it was 'in route'. They will credit my credit card for that purchase, too. All I can say, after this is 'read the fine line'. Sometimes it is not worth the 'hoops you have to jump through'. Personally, I thought that when groupon.com took the order they were the one that had the merchandise they were advertising. Apparently this is not the case (especially on monogram jewelry). GGRRrrrrr!
  • sweetnsouthernsass
    sweetnsouthernsass Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Annr wrote: »

To the new gal that said this was a closed group, she never introduced herself, or anything. I have a "new member" feature built in to my computer, and it didn't go off. She said none of the key words like, "Hi I am New, may I join this little group, or how do I join". My computer picks up on those. With all the bells and whistles too!

Becca
    Oregon

• DLS1029
    DLS1029 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Michele - I also do some of my meal prepping for the upcoming week on Saturday. That doesn't include making any cakes though. That would be dangerous for me! I love sweets and try to not keep any in the house. Only on special occasions.

Does anyone know of a way to track your daily steps from a regular pedometer on MFP? I'm a former WW and the feeling there was "all steps count as long as you're moving".

Karla - love the hippie pic lol

I used to do a lot of DVDs by Leslie Sansone. I wish I had the time for that now, but I just can't seem to squeeze it in what with trying to take care of my mom, my family, and work full time. The lunch time walks will have to do for now.

I did buy some agave today to try. It seems to work for my tea and supposedly is better for you than sugar.

They're saying we could possibly have some snow here tomorrow. I hope not. Once Christmas is over, I'm done with snow!

Donna in WV
  • sweetnsouthernsass
    Options
    Not quite sure how all this works but...I'm NEW! Does that work set off the bells and whistles?

I'm 50+. I currently have a goal of losing 52lbs. One pound for each week this year. So far I'm up to 6lbs. I have a Valentine's challenge currently going under groups. Need a few more peeps in it. I'm very motivating to others but need motivation as well.

Just call me southernsass
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Aw Grits what a blasted headache that was!!! One thing husband does is make a cop of the transaction we have done on the computer. You know when you have finished filling your virtual "cart" then completed the card info and gotten a confirmation number. We print that ending part. Sounds like that site hand you bouncing all over the place!
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XL0TysIn0
    PIP WATCH THIS!!!!! I thought it was soooo cool!!!!

I've seen that
    Pretty cool
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    My birthday is on February 28th, so I am always having people ask if it is on Leap Year Day. No, that is the 29th of February. To tell if it is a leap year or not, divide the year by 4. If it divides evenly, then it is a leap year. Or you can just divide the last two digits. 16 divided by 4 equals 4 with no remainder. Leap year.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    woke up to snow,had been raining and now the snow,tomorrow our high will be 17.BURRR
    MIL was moved to rehab ,sounds better.They are gonna try to wean her off the oxygen.
    Hoping to visit her next weekend,when hubby is off.
    HUGS jane
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Aw Grits what a blasted headache that was!!! One thing husband does is make a cop of the transaction we have done on the computer. You know when you have finished filling your virtual "cart" then completed the card info and gotten a confirmation number. We print that ending part. Sounds like that site hand you bouncing all over the place!
    Becca

Yeah, Becca .... they did bounce me around a lot; and, because of that - they lost the sale! Still have to go though the process of disputing the claim on the charge they generated at the normal price. I did not know there was a 3rd party involved. IF I had it might not have occurred. Never go to a site that is suppose to do something for you especially if they don't explain why the 3rd party is involved. Read the 'fine line' is what I would suggest. One of the necklaces appeared to have gone through correctly; don't know why the 3 others did not. But, what I can say is 'if it did go through' they are going to have to 'eat it' (bite it actually) because when they ask about it I'm going to say, 'what necklace'? But, I doubt it ever went anywhere.
  • cullie
    cullie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Michelle - I live just north of Philadelphia in Blue Bell, Montgomery County. Anyone other PA people?
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • DLS1029
    DLS1029 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • SanfordRoberts
    SanfordRoberts Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Southern Sass
    Welcome. I also hail from the south (Baton Rouge La) but I now live in So. CAL.
    I've been in the group for about a week. Once I found this threat, I decided to just follow it-as I was getting really lost out there with all the different groups, message boards, threads, etc.
    The info about checking in on the last day of the month was new to me (and confusing) but I will have to read it more carefully. Glad it came up!
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you are interested.
    Robin S
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    :) I am so glad that I got up early this morning to walk the dogs because that walk combined with coming home at lunch to walk the dogs for 20 minutes got me to over 10,000 steps. Also, coming home at lunch allowed me to avoid the pasta and garlic bread and spumoni lunch at the event. We also sidestepped going out to eat dinner with any of the out of town people....we came home and ate the left-overs from Chinese food dinner last night.

:)Katla, I'm glad to hear that your recovery is progressing well.....be sure to share what the doctor says next week....hope riding is in the near future for you.

:)Pip, cool car

<3southernsass, best wishes on your Valentine's Day challenge
  • sweetnsouthernsass
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Well my people. things are starting to look up this year. we've already had a few people asking about our 1971 bug that we are going to sell! we haven't washed it up yet so we can officially post it. but as usual, i will let my FB peeps have first shot. i am going to post the pinball machine on Craigslist. The lot that we have at ocean park WA is apparently a sellers market right now, so we are going to sell that. Kirby's bike is bought, hooked up with new fenders, panniers and back rack and new lights so he is ready to ride Monday. he will continue his physical therapy sessions at VM and will see neurologist about his numbing issue. we have a newer (new to us, 2008) bug. Bullwinkle has her lump removed, about $1350 in the hole for that but that is what you do for your family, so things are progressing. We are blessed, we are continuing with the therapy sessions, continuing to Livin the Dream!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Pip, sending best wishes for a speedy recovery to Bullwinkle. I couldn’t look at that wound for long but glad you are taking care of her.

Janetr, I know my little bit of activity isn’t much compared to most of you but at least it’s a start, since I just totally quit exercising. bash.gif

Heather, we have a huge lottery drawing in the US tonight. It is over 800 Million. It’s the largest in US History. I sure wouldn’t mind winning a bunch of money and would gladly share it around. 

Carol NC, ya got me laffin’ at you wanting to stick your tongue out at the person that took your bp. ROFL I do think you need some privacy so hope things work out about DS. Good that he got in school!!!

Gloria, so happy you found a place and that it is being updated. Congrats and good luck with the move.

Tracie, sometimes when we get behind we just have to skip some pages and start from there. It can get a bit daunting at times but we are here for support, not to cause grief.

Penny, I must be related to the European chickens because my breasts are “er-hum” less well endowed. LOL That was too funny! Cool fire.

Sylvia, I hope the table works out for you. If you get it will you sell yours?

Pip, I hope you can sell the car quickly. Have you committed to the newer one?

IrishTerri, good to see you. You have been missed.

Sharon, I do my exercising at home. I have some light weights, a resistance band, a cardio-glider (cross fit) and just got a Wii and Wii Fit for some different exercises. For months I was doing great and then got off schedule one week and it went downhill from there. I’m just starting back slowly trying to build up my exercising. Good luck to you.

Michele NC, I’m glad the cake turned out. See, you should have done it your way the first time. Lol

Southernsass, I’m sure I welcomed you the first time you came in (without bells or whistles. LOL) but I will say it again. Welcome. We are always happy to have newbies. Congrats on the 6 lb loss. I’ve lost 60 so far but it’s been a good while since I lost 6 and would love to do that again. Come often for great support.

Barbie, glad you made it through your long meeting day and didn’t have to eat their food.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I’m having a terrible time with MFP tonight. I hope I can get this posted. I haven’t been able to finish my food diary for the day as it keeps freezing up. It might have to wait till in the morning. I got a lot done in my office today. I think I have filed everything that needed it and purged a bunch of files. Someone talked about keeping tax returns, which I do as well, but I had insurance policies from a number of years back. I actually got rid of many past years and just kept the current ones so that made some room in the file drawers.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC