Meat

Options

Replies

• chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options

haha I had my first fried mountain oysters last week, and I must agree they were quite good :)-

Love your avatar, theat is a beautiful Golden you have there.

Thanks! He is still such a big baby, lol. I wish I was trout fishing where you are! Its so beautiful up there!
  • H8T3D
    H8T3D Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Animals were put on this earth for us to eat.... simple as that. Yall can cry all day long about animal cruelty, but at the end of the day we were made to eat meat... canines and everything. why defy nature?

Some people and cultures feel the same about your dog, would you agree with them and eat man's best friend?

In a survival situation, yes I would eat my own dog.

I agree... I love and respect animals and I love my dog to death... but if it came down to it..... its still just an animal.

I think my point was "we are not in survival mode", it's not a zombie apocalypse. So the whole survival of the fittest, the strong survive theory is out the window.

What it boils down to is we all have are own options and morals, this is what makes us humans!!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options

haha I had my first fried mountain oysters last week, and I must agree they were quite good :)-

Thanks! He is still such a big baby, lol. I wish I was trout fishing where you are! Its so beautiful up there!

Going camping this weekend, if the water isn't to high will try to get in a little fishing. The spring run off has been late this year and high. Record amount of snow in the mountains this winter.
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options
    I think my point was "we are not in survival mode", it's not a zombie apocalypse. So the whole survival of the fittest, the strong survive theory is out the window.

What it boils down to is we all have are own options and morals, this is what makes us humans!!

Dude. The zombie apocalypse is going to come around and you are going to regret not having a dog.
  • freerange
    Options

Dude. The zombie apocalypse is going to come around and you are going to regret not having a dog.

Cats, go for the cats first,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I hate cats.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Are you honestly telling me that you believe global warming is a myth and cows don't release methane gas? If so, there's no need to continue the conversation lest I say something that offends you.

Now see, honey(lol I know this drives liberals crazy), we are not on a talk show where you can try your slight of hand and get away with it. I said manmade global warming, and then you said global warming, two different things, if you are going to try and call me out you better try a little harder. YES MANMADE GLOBAL WARIMNG IS A MYTH. Shall I pull up the e-mails from all the “scientist” and their lies, distortions and omissions of facts on MAN MADE global warming?

And again stick to the facts and to what I said, I never said cows don’t fart. Honey I’m from the country I actually know what a cow looks like before it get plastic wrapped and put on the shelf.

Your response is so full of condescension and disrespect that it's hard to take you seriously. I'm from the country as well. I don't need you to call me "honey" to get your point across, so keep that to yourself or save it for your farmhands.
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Haha! :laugh: I know - so dumb. AND now they are trying to get a cow fart tax in the works. Sheesh. What freak thought of THAT?!?! :noway: Some people.... :laugh:

Wow, no offense, but your post seems pretty audacious. The methane produced by cows is a real world issue, not just a fifth-grade level joke. Seems like you're not open to it because you have a ranch...and that's awfully dismissive and undeserved.

Sorry - my answer was a bit dismissive, probably. However, I am actually fairly brainy and can understand *real world issues*. I can also recognize lies and liberal tree-hugging agendas, too. I don't argue that cows produce methane gas - however, so do humans... thats kinda akward, huh? When are we gonna tax ourselves for our methane gas? And no - the fact that we live on a ranch doesn't make me less caring of our world. Probably more so - seeing as how I respect the land and the animals more than ever - and deplore the filthy cities where so many ppl seem to be content to sit and judge those of us who actually raise meat animals.
  • freerange
    Options
    Are you honestly telling me that you believe global warming is a myth and cows don't release methane gas? If so, there's no need to continue the conversation lest I say something that offends you.

Now see, honey(lol I know this drives liberals crazy), we are not on a talk show where you can try your slight of hand and get away with it. I said manmade global warming, and then you said global warming, two different things, if you are going to try and call me out you better try a little harder. YES MANMADE GLOBAL WARIMNG IS A MYTH. Shall I pull up the e-mails from all the “scientist” and their lies, distortions and omissions of facts on MAN MADE global warming?

And again stick to the facts and to what I said, I never said cows don’t fart. Honey I’m from the country I actually know what a cow looks like before it get plastic wrapped and put on the shelf.

Your response is so full of condescension and disrespect that it's hard to take you seriously. I'm from the country as well. I don't need you to call me "honey" to get your point across, so keep that to yourself or save it for your farmhands.

Well, honey, I treat people in kind, if you wanted to have any kind of serious discussion, you should have started your post without condescensation on your part.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Would the dog be for guarding against Zombies or a food source in this case?
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Yeah, save it for *us farmhands* --- we sure don't mind, honey! :flowerforyou: umm.... this is strange - are you being snotty about farmhands in general, or just farmhands that work on meat-producing farms?
  • kaymayscool
    Options
    Agreed!
  • chantel14
    Options

Going camping this weekend, if the water isn't to high will try to get in a little fishing. The spring run off has been late this year and high. Record amount of snow in the mountains this winter.

ya I heard they have even been opening some ski resorts back up because of all the snow fall! you should send some of that moisture down to Texas... haha its sooooo dry down here its crazy. We usually go to Red River NM and go camping in july... its a blast and sooo nice not to be a 110 degrees haha
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options

Would the dog be for guarding against Zombies or a food source in this case?

A little from column A, a little from column B.
  • freerange
    Options

ya I heard they have even been opening some ski resorts back up because of all the snow fall! you should send some of that moisture down to Texas... haha its sooooo dry down here its crazy. We usually go to Red River NM and go camping in july... its a blast and sooo nice not to be a 110 degrees haha

If you plan on going this year make sure and check ahead, lots of wild fires this year.
  • chantel14
    Options

Cats, go for the cats first,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I hate cats.

hahahahahaha ok now thats funny
  • ellabellaluv
    Options
    MEAT IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!! Losing weight is hard, but when you become vegetarian and try, its 100% easier! i truly suggest you go vegetarian! once you go vegetarian you never go back! I suggest you try it for a little while. see if it helps.Good Luck
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    If you have any background on emissions in the US and internationally (namely industrialized countries with little regulation), you wouldn't be here blaming global warming on the methane release of cattle.

Consider also that sustainable agriculture relies not only on sustainable land usage but also, in many cases, alternative power generation...for both the raising of livestock as a food source and crops.

I'd go as far as to say that agricultural practices trending toward the usage of alternative energies and less reliance on fossil fuels for the various stages of product -> market is where everyone should focus their energy and arguments.

Not on cow farts, sorry.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    MEAT IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!! Losing weight is hard, but when you become vegetarian and try, its 100% easier! i truly suggest you go vegetarian! once you go vegetarian you never go back! I suggest you try it for a little while. see if it helps.Good Luck

Lasted 2 years with vegetarianism and became anemic. Can't properly absorb iron from plant sources.

Obtaining enough protein to keep up with my running and training schedule while maintaining a reasonable deficit was downright impossible.

For some here, meat wins hands down, sorry.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Mmmm, can I have bbq sauce with the devil?? But seriously, many people go vegetarian then go back. I did, both my daughters have, one of them twice. LOL I didn't find it a whole lot easier to lose weight on a vegetarian diet than when eating meat.
  • freerange
    Options

I tried being a vegetarian once,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I think it was a lunch back in 1980, I had a salad all by itself,,,,, didn’t set to well, never tried that again.