Options

Replies

• 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job
  • SunkissedBrownSugga
    Options
    OH my goodness! Your story is exactly what I needed to read! It is so very inspiring. I come from a family of over-eaters and just reading stories of accomplishing and achieving makes me feel so good! I'm so proud and ecstatic that you have reclaimed your health and life and it makes me feel like: THERE IS HOPE! Yes. I shout that part because being overweight all your life makes you feel like its hopeless. I'm going to stay hopeful and book mark this post. It just really touched me. Congratulations on your accomplishments and thanks so very much for opening up and sharing. I will be friend requesting.
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    lilypie76 wrote: »
    Phenomenal lifestyle change. Look at what YOU did!! So happy for you, your girls must be so proud of their Dad. Keep it up, knowing that everyday, through exercise and healthy eating, you are making an investment in yourself. What an amazing accomplishment.

Hey thank you LP! My daughters didn't think at first that "Dad" needed to lose any weight but... they're calling me "Hipster-Daddy" now lol (AND have an affinity to always want to pick me up now hehe)!!! It's been an amazing experience, I'm still not used to the changes and I hope this feeling never grows old. Thanks again for your kind words :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Jlefevre5 wrote: »
    Awesome story. May I ask you for your age without being rude? Very inspirational for us men "of a certain age" who don't have the furnace blazing metabolism of young guys!

Thanks Jlefevre! I can't tell you exactly but between 47-49 lol! I "think" my maintenance number now at 180 is about 1800 / day. At 250 it was about 3000.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    lm416448 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for sharing your story! I've only decided to get healthier and lose weight for about a week now. I've stayed under my 1200 calorie goal and I've been walking everyday but no weight loss yet. I was disappointed but reading this gave me hope! Thanks

My pleasure IM! It's always a great decision to live a healthier lifestyle! If you're grossing 1200 calories and walking, you should definitely be seeing some results, if you're netting 1200 calories (food cals - exercise burn), make sure the burn you're recording from your walk isn't to high. Also weigh your food and measure precisely. For example, although I rarely eat breakfast cereal, it's shocking how small and lonely "one serving" looks in the bottom of your cereal bowl lol! Remain steadfast and you WILL achieve your goal!
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    What a trooper!!! Nice work! :)
  • volsen14
    volsen14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is amazing.Way to go!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and the dedication you have shown to your health has been phenomenal. Stay healthy!
  • SallyCHurt
    SallyCHurt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You did an awesome job! And it really shows in the pictures! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    marijasmin wrote: »
    Fantastic achievement

You look so alive and well

Thank you MJ! It's been a LONG time since I've felt this well!! :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    eomidwife wrote: »
    Seriously! You look 20 years younger:) Congrats. Did you do anything to support/supplement your body regarding the potential for loose skin? I'm not motivated to exercise yet. I believe that will come with successes. I'm 100% committed, will reach my goal but I'm really concerned about that.

Hey... thank you EOMidWife! NO... I didn't do anything to supplement loose skin. It was a concern of mine early on and I did read about it though. There are SO many conflicting stories... I tend to believe that there's no "magic fix" (otherwise EVERYONE would know about it). I think I was lucky in the loose skin department --> although my skin isn't taut like it once was, it's not sagging, folding, wrinkled, or droopy either. That said, if I bend forward, you can tell my tummy is looser than it should be but... I can live with that. Bottom line is... don't let the fear of loose skin hold you back. Shoot for your goal and worry about loose skin when you're thin!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    KoshVorlon wrote: »
    You sir, are my new hero! I have the same goal (180) from a high of 290. Presently at 269...after 105 days...you have provided some solid guidance for me. I keep looking at your before and after pictures. Awesome and amazing. Thanks for the inspiration and advice...will you have trouble maintaining?

Haha... #1 --> please don't call me sir hehe, and hero?... thanks but, I'm just a regular guy! I'm glad you were inspired by my story though. Anything is possible and you only fail when you give up! Your maintenance question came at the PERFECT time! I took a break over Christmas (even though I wasn't a total glutton) YET, I still put on 10 pounds... it actually maxed out at 13.8 pounds! 8 days ago TODAY, I began working my butt off to get back below 180 and this morning weighed in at 179.8. So "no", maintenance won't be a problem... I just always have to be mindful of what I eat and keep tabs on any gains. Losing was the hard part. Maintaining is much easier!
  • adawson55510
    adawson55510 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Fantastic.. Congrats :)
  • bhjaaan
    bhjaaan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting.
  • rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    1PoisonIvy wrote: »
    Fantastic job
    I never thought I'd be thanking Poison Ivy but... Thank You! :wink:
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger, well done, that's an amazing achievement
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING! congrats on the dedication and commitment it took to reach this goal! :-D
  • hula83704
    hula83704 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    this is a great story... at first I was going to ask... "whats mfp?" I thought it was a program that I would have to pay for to join... LOL LOL LOL!!!.... duh! im already a member! your story truly gives me inspiration... im on my first month and so far so good... remaining positive and goal driven ... I just need to religiously get here daily... thanks again for your story... aloha, kel
  • ljcreekmore
    ljcreekmore Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!