Small steps to big success! What did you achieve today?

What little thing did you do today that will help you reach your goal? Brag time!

Replies

• saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    Today I wanted to get my favorite burger from Whataburger, double meat double cheese. I thought of bunch of excuses of why I should just hit the drive thru rather than make something at home. It's late... I won't get the fries... Everyone else has already eaten... But I didn't stop. I drove myself home and made a dinner that was within my calorie allowance. It doesn't seem like much but that was a big step towards changing my habits. I always used to choose convenience over nutrition. Kind of proud of myself tonight!
  • chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    Made it to the gym after doing water aerobics!! Did a decent workout finishing what I didn't have time for yesterday!
  • saralthrash
    chey282 wrote: »
    Made it to the gym after doing water aerobics!! Did a decent workout finishing what I didn't have time for yesterday!
    Awesome!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    My hubs is finally joining MFP. He is very anti social media and won't even share his diary with me! Lol. I'm just glad he is doing it!
  • saralthrash
    Shinycrazy that's great! Maybe you'll get some good support and team work out of it!
  • saralthrash
    My daughter had a fever last night and I was up all night! I did not want to go to the gym. I went!
  • faberallison
    faberallison Posts: 45 Member
    I did not want to exercise today. I did. It sucked.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Ate my oatmeal for breakfast. I really really really wanted scrambled eggs and bacon. Really really.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Going to aquatic pt this afternoon. Current goal is to regain fitness level lost due to bike injury September 2015, which resulted in a fractured hand and hip.
  • CindyWitter
    CindyWitter Posts: 4 Member
    Today I wanted to get my favorite burger from Whataburger, double meat double cheese. I thought of bunch of excuses of why I should just hit the drive thru rather than make something at home. It's late... I won't get the fries... Everyone else has already eaten... But I didn't stop. I drove myself home and made a dinner that was within my calorie allowance. It doesn't seem like much but that was a big step towards changing my habits. I always used to choose convenience over nutrition. Kind of proud of myself tonight!

Good for you!! Small steps!
  • saralthrash
    I did not want to exercise today. I did. It sucked.

Awesome!
  • nrsolom
    nrsolom Posts: 2 Member
    Last night, I was so hungry and there were the ores sitting in the cabinet, I grabbed it out and thought to my self I am working hard I can have a couple. I put them back in the cabinet grabbed a halo and called it good, plus the halo was really good.
  • Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    Made myself drink my disgusting digestion-aid tea and went out for a long walk ^^
  • antonioramir3z
    antonioramir3z Posts: 29 Member

That sounds hella good. Whataburger needs to come to California.

But aside from that I totally resulted some cupcakes that were super decorated and left in our break room

• saralthrash

But aside from that I totally resulted some cupcakes that were super decorated and left in our break room

Oh man break room cakes! Every damn week. The struggle is real! :#

Good for you!!!
  • saralthrash
    Jetamu96 wrote: »
    Made myself drink my disgusting digestion-aid tea and went out for a long walk ^^

Hell yeah! Every effort adds up!
  • Lose40At40
    Lose40At40 Posts: 1 Member
    Ate a greek yogurt even though the cold weather makes me want grill cheese...
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Ran a 10k in under an hour :) I'm happy about it because it was my new years resolution.
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    Everyone is doing great! Let me see what I have done so far today. My daughter woke me up too early and I felt tired when I got up but I found some strength in myself and did an exercise video. It was quite easy so I did one more! While doing something like push-ups I saw the floor was not very clean so I cleaned our home even though I didn't want to. Ate a small portion of oatmeal. Went shopping for groceries and declined my husband's offer for a drive, carried the bags home. Spent my money on healthy food only. Took the stairs.
    Last couple of evenings I really wanted some chocolate and I managed to restrict myself to 1 piece (12 grams). This is something I could have never done before.
    Taking it one day at a time is hard but the results come sooner or later!
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Absolutely smashed it at boxing tonight. I gave it my all. So proud of me :)