Over 40 and ready to change? Let's do this together!

Options

Replies

• wmcaldwell17
    wmcaldwell17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Add me to the team
  • joannestevens1962
    Options
    Add me too, thanks. I really need support, cannot do it on my own.
  • audreyanderson4
    audreyanderson4 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Im 41 years old and need motivastion so im in
  • staceydunsworth
    staceydunsworth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to join.... I need some new friends to help me stay honest. . accountability buddies if you will. ... One is powerful, two or more are unstoppable. . .
  • Slim2fitit
    Slim2fitit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just a catch up to say I'm still going strong
  • BAngieB30
    BAngieB30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please count me in. I'm 42 & need to lose 27 pounds to reach my goal weight & I am sick & tired of being sick & tired & getting nowhere
  • Cellothere118
    Cellothere118 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Id love to follow along with the group- trying hard to stay motivated and drop 30lbs. Turning 48 (gasp!) next Monday.. High school reunion this summer, plus 3 weddings to attend! Time to snap into shape.
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Id love to follow along with the group- trying hard to stay motivated and drop 30lbs. Turning 48 (gasp!) next Monday.. High school reunion this summer, plus 3 weddings to attend! Time to snap into shape.

I completely understand. Son is graduating from college in April and I want to drop 25 pounds so I can buy a nice new outfit and look good. It is just hard sometimes especially in the winter to stay moving.
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo, lost 1lb last week! Going strong this week with yoga, elliptical and walking already logged. I feel so amazing, it's not even about weight anymore.
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Quick story...I ended up at the Doc's last summer for a foot injury. They did the weigh in process etc. My weight was not what i was hoping....so that day made me serious about changing my life. I've lost 15lbs since July. Have a ways to go, but I am working out 4 days a week with weights and walking every day now. It's hard after 40 to realize the body just doesn't burn as much food as i was used to eating.....
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    JustaJoe00 wrote: »
    Quick story...I ended up at the Doc's last summer for a foot injury. They did the weigh in process etc. My weight was not what i was hoping....so that day made me serious about changing my life. I've lost 15lbs since July. Have a ways to go, but I am working out 4 days a week with weights and walking every day now. It's hard after 40 to realize the body just doesn't burn as much food as i was used to eating.....

Good job Justajoe!
  • lgshelton
    lgshelton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too. I am 41, diabetic, pcos, and I would like to lose a total of 90 lbs. I started my weight loss journey (again) on January 1st. So far I have lost 4 lbs & my numbers are down. I am eating a low carb/low sugar diet, cutting out almost all bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, and tortillas. I have been walking a lot, 15 miles last week.
  • Cellothere118
    Cellothere118 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    rfechter wrote: »

I completely understand. Son is graduating from college in April and I want to drop 25 pounds so I can buy a nice new outfit and look good. It is just hard sometimes especially in the winter to stay moving.

What burns me up the most is when I go strong for 2-3 weeks, then for some reason, I drop the ball. It could be a day or 2 without exercise because of "other plans", or a meal that wasnt so great. A slip here and there.. and I bomb. I cant do this anymore! I have to learn to put myself first when it comes to staying on track. I wish I was a morning person.. get the exercise in first thing! Its hard to climb out of bed in the winter.. dark and cold. Not a fan of winter, at all. But my plans are to start up exercising again in the evening.. why am I still sitting here? lol
  • trentnert
    trentnert Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Im turning 45 this year and I have about 17 kg (38 pounds) to lose and due to some sports stuff, I'd like to knock about 10 kgs of that off within the next 10 weeks to make a weight division.

Feel free to add!
  • michelle139
    michelle139 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    miacaz02 wrote: »
    If your over 40 and sick and tired of being sick and tired of how you feel and the way you look, then lets do this together! I'm 50 pounds over weight and plan on loosing 2 pounds a week. Let's motivate each other, swap diet secrets, and encourage staying on exercise routines. We got this!

• michelle139
    michelle139 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm in. I could use the motivation and encouragement. :)
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm in,if not too late. Turning 40 in two weeks and I have to make changes now.. or it will be too late. So ,I'm 260.. I'm so scared and mortified how I even got here .. but enough of the moping ,I'm ready to rumble..
  • mosh72
    mosh72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all.. I had to google what a stone was.. Love it! That's fitting for weight.
  • lgshelton
    lgshelton Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    100toloose wrote: »
    I'm in,if not too late. Turning 40 in two weeks and I have to make changes now.. or it will be too late. So ,I'm 260.. I'm so scared and mortified how I even got here .. but enough of the moping ,I'm ready to rumble..

You can do this! At my heaviest I was 250, so I know the struggle. I had lost 60 lbs but gained some of it back this past year. It is easy to pack on the pounds but, hard to shed them.
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @lgshelton I'm starting nice and slowly... I have been a bit over my daily limit the last 2 days slightly. Hoping it will be better today and will be able to keep the calories down.And thank you for the kind words :):)

lgshelton wrote: »
    100toloose wrote: »

You can do this! At my heaviest I was 250, so I know the struggle. I had lost 60 lbs but gained some of it back this past year. It is easy to pack on the pounds but, hard to shed them.