5' - 5'2" girls I want to hear your story and pics! Continuation!!

Replies

• laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    5"2, 31, started at 196 lbs and got down to around 102lbs. This was too low and doing a 90 day plan, I've gained weight and inches. I'm feeling uncomfortable around 120lbs, so just want to lose a few of those again and some inches!
  • sueann10
    sueann10 Posts: 74 Member
    Hi All
    Such an inspiring thread with all your stories. Well last year I topped the scales at 193lbs after seeing some holiday snaps!! I could not believe I allowed myself to put on so much weight. In March 2015 my husband and I decided to buy a nutribullet and I started logging on MFP. I am 5ft 2 with SW 193 CW 164 GW 130. I got down to 162 the week before Christmas (30lbs lost) and put on 4lbs over the holidays but I've already gotten rid of 2 of those already. It's been slow because of a number of holidays and family visits from out of town. However I feel so much better about this year and my fitness goals as I feel empowered by knowing I've been doing something that works for me and losing weight is simply a side effect of having a healthier body than the one I had previously.

Let's keeping motivating each other. Love this thread.
    xx
  • jpena412
    jpena412 Posts: 42 Member
    Also following this thread as a fellow "shorter" person. I'm 5'1" and currently weigh 143 lbs (which fluctuates as high as 147). Goal weight is between 115-120 lbs. I've started eating healthier and exercising using T25 6 days a week. I'm extremely curious to hear about others' success stories and how they were able to lose the weight. Diet? Exercise? Combo?
  • scarlettsmom2013
    scarlettsmom2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Just reading this thread is so inspiring!! I'm 5'1" and have about 30 lbs to lose. Would love to have some friends who are fellow shorties!!

• katie2339mfp
    katie2339mfp Posts: 11 Member
    Him i had a baby in feb 2015 i weighed 10st 8 in march 2015!im 5ft 2inch & current weight is 124lb
    I still look chubby though :( some of u girls weigh the smae if not more & look skinnier my scales need a upgrade haha!! This is me now
  • katie2339mfp
    edited January 2016
    .mby7ope93tu4.jpeg
  • katie2339mfp
    Ignore my messiness only just moved home halfway through doing it
  • jnp537
    jnp537 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 5'2"- SW about 146, CW 141, GW 125! I get so discouraged because i don't completely know what I'm doing, so seeing these posts really help! For those of you that started around where I did and got down to ~120 how much and often did you exercise? I don't know how much I should be doing or how vigorously I guess.
  • tiffanycompton33
    tiffanycompton33 Posts: 56 Member
    Hi I'm 5'2. Started at 157 in March of 2014. I'm currently hanging out in 135-136 area and trying to lose the last 10 or so pounds. 10 makes a big difference at our height. Currently feeling a little stuck. So I looked at the progress photos and I can see a big difference (The ones attached are at 147/139). I try to work out about 3 days a week and eat a 1/2 pound deficit. New friends are always welcome =)
    sxq80t7u8tcs.png
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    @tiffanycompton33.....Great work! You look awesome! And amazing work to all my fellow shorties! Hopefully will be posting my "during" later this spring and my "after" sometime this fall. I guess that means I should take before pics...:(:(:(:(
  • tiffanycompton33
    tiffanycompton33 Posts: 56 Member
    Thanks @missnelso04! Sounds like you got the right attitude :) And yes take a before picture. Even you don't feel like putting it out there I wish I had a good one of me at my highest weight for those days where its hard to see the difference.
  • marise51
    marise51 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm 5'2" and weigh 180...yikes!!!! My ultimate goal is 135 lbs. Nice to see everyone striving for a healthy body weight. Please add me if you'd like a cheerleader in your corner
  • candicer
    candicer Posts: 25 Member
    Another shorty here! I'm 5' 2"; I'm one of (if not THE oldest!) at 57! It truly does get harder and harder to do this as you get older. Sadly. I dont have any current pics, though I am thinking of taking one tomorrow . . . I'm currently at about 145; goal of 120 - 125; though at this point, I will celebrate HUGE at 135!!!
    I've struggled with my weight all through my adult hood. But in the last few years, I've seemed to struggle even more. This thread is so very inspiring! Everyone keep up the good work!
    I've noticed that everyone looks so different at similar weights: which goes to show, that we cant really compare ourselves to eachother. What looks good at 125 on one, may not look at all the same on someone else. We all have to determine our goal weight individually, and according to what our own personal experiences are.
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Wow, amazing results everyone. I find used checking this thread every few days for inspiration.

I am 5'2" and down about 46 pounds so far. I am not ready to share my progress photos quite so "publicly," but I thank you all for sharing your success.

If any other shorties (or petites, if you prefer) want to friend up for inspiration and support, please send a request.
  • cmt1969
    cmt1969 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi I am new here. I am looking for support to drop 26 lbs. I joined a running club and run 3 days week at 12.5 mi pace. I try and take a Weight lifting class on Sundays. Some of biggest challenges are finding time to exercise during the week and eating right. I have a huge sweet tooth. I seem to have gotten that understand control. I eat pretty well..sometimes I don't eat enough calories. I need to increase my water intake. I am looking to add friend's for inspiration.

Not quite 5'1"
    SW: 156
    CW: 152
    GW: 130
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    cmt1969 wrote: »
    Hi I am new here. I am looking for support to drop 26 lbs. I joined a running club and run 3 days week at 12.5 mi pace. I try and take a Weight lifting class on Sundays. Some of biggest challenges are finding time to exercise during the week and eating right. I have a huge sweet tooth. I seem to have gotten that understand control. I eat pretty well..sometimes I don't eat enough calories. I need to increase my water intake. I am looking to add friend's for inspiration.

Not quite 5'1"
    SW: 156

Same here :) - I need to start lifting - I am sedentary and not doing well lately with evening snacks control add me if you like
    5' 1"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!