Most annoying "advice" anyone has given you?

Options

Replies

• es9c
    es9c Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" Really?!?!? Amazing, delectable, mouth O food and healthy body weight are mutually exclusive... really?!?!?
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Nage3000 wrote: »
    clobern80 wrote: »
    smis92103 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    That carbs make you fat and you have to eat low carb to lose weight.

Carbs make you fat

They do.LOL

They make you as fat as protein does. And less fat than fat does. But who's counting

Carbs don't make you fat, take it from a fat guy @clobern80

Here are pretty pictures for those of you having a hard time with words:

bh69gt74ybdd.jpeg

See now that you have provided me with this pretty picture, I am totally convinced. I need to completely rethink my whole diet! Damnit. I guess my profile picture showing my weight loss is completely photoshopped.
  • joey4014
    joey4014 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    "Eat when your hungry. Stop when you're full."
    - Say what now?
  • oliviasweet17
    oliviasweet17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This lady at work who wants to re-tell me her eating habits almost everyday. All these archaic fad-diet elements, like "just get the sugar free version, low fat version"

Whatever lady.

How about instead of preaching to me about how much you love all that pre-packaged-artificial sweetener-chemically-garbage, you shut up and let me eat my bowl of chicken and vegetables.

They aren't sugar free, sorry.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    All the detoxes and the WRAPS. Oh, the wraps. So annoying.

Yes, the wraps! Why is it that whenever I see a vehicle driving around with all that advertising for the wraps, it's an overweight person in the driver's seat? I mean not that I care about a person's weight, but when you're touting a weight-loss product, shouldn't the seller be a ringing endorsement?

This made me laugh as soon as I saw it. There is a girl I work with who sells the wraps, and is always claiming how passionate she is about the products. She KNOWS they really work because she's done wraps on so many people! The catch is, she's probably at least 100 pounds overweight, if not more, and has been for as long as I've known her (several years). If weight loss was as easy as doing wraps and she's so passionate, wouldn't they be working for her, too? Food for thought....

It's annoying when I get people who tell me not to lose more weight because I'm not overweight anymore, even though I'm 5'6" and 180. Thanks for the advice, but I'd like to be at a healthy weight....

I also like the people who try to tell me they can't lose weight because they're addicted to drinking Diet Coke. You know, because it has so many calories. You can't make this stuff up...

Maybe, perhaps, she could be *gasps*

..... Happy with her size and just a good sales woman?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Carbs make you fat

They do.LOL

They make you as fat as protein does. And less fat than fat does. But who's counting

bh69gt74ybdd.jpeg

Or maybe you just eat too much.
    This really is the most annoying advice! :laugh:

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    es9c wrote: »
    "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" Really?!?!? Amazing, delectable, mouth O food and healthy body weight are mutually exclusive... really?!?!?

Oh man yes that one!
  • telynau
    telynau Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lord007 wrote: »
    ...this morning I heard the "Taco cleanse".. on the morning national news.....

O_O. Okay, I shall admit I have the sense of humour of a 9-year old. This is one of the funniest things I've heard on the "Cleanse Front".

Cleansing and clean eating still gives me a dreadful case of giggles. I do listen intently when a loved one is kind and concerned enough to divulge her secrets of outstanding health, vegan vim, and vigor.

Rather than running a range steer by the fire on the way to the plate, I now hose it off thoroughly first. That way I am assured of perfectly steamed, clean meat.

• Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    "Men don't like women to be too thin". This one annoys me greatly because it implies that being attractive to men is something women should be concerned about as a general rule. Also I have been married for 20 years so who are these "men" whose preferences I should heed? The one man whose opinion I care about tells me often that he likes my weight loss just fine.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't lift, you'll get bulky... Pfft...
  • GUARDiAN_GUiLD
    GUARDiAN_GUiLD Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    "Load up 2x/3x the first week on Creatine Monohydrate and make sure you are cycling it at 3 months on, 3 months off." Something like that. :D
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Carbs make you fat

They do.LOL

bh69gt74ybdd.jpeg

Thank you for that @Nage3000 and for calling me a fat guy (guess I forgot why we are here, didn't know that trolls were set loose) but I was simply pointing out that carbs have 4 calories per gram, protein is the same and fat has 9. So technically, fat will make you more fat than carbs or protein because it has more calories per gram.

I didn't get fat by eating carbs, I got fat by eating more than I should in anything. Just like you became a jerk by breathing. One of us can control our problem, the other can't.
  • Dayofthebread
    Dayofthebread Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "This works for me just do this" Not always helpful, lifestyles are different, goals are different. Ultimately it's calories in and calories out, but how you choose to make the numbers is up to you for your goals and lifestyle.

"Carb/sugar/something of the day is EVIL!!" Leave me alone with my jellybeans.

"You shouldn't eat that it's full of chemicals" Everything's made of chemicals dude.

Unsolicited from random dude "You need to lift heavy to look better" Yes lifting heavy is great, and I do it and enjoy it, but I also don't want unsolicited advice on what you think I need to do so you random man will find my body attractive, I'll ask if I need advice.

Another random dude "You don't want to go to the gym too much, soft bodies are nice" Yep I am sure they are but too creepy and none of your business.
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    "you need to work hard to see results. " ...yeah sheesh, and here I thought I could just keep on sitting on my couch eating potato chips. Darn!

Oh and "stop working out so hard, you'll kill yourself." Erm.....cos when you and I go out and eat 4000-cal meals, we don't kill ourselves, right?

Oh and "it's OK, you don't look your weight." F you!!!

Arghhhhhhhhhh LOL
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    When my friend told me before our vacation "I know that you have been working very hard to lose weight, so during vacation I'm going to help you to stay on track"

WTF - I just looked at her and said "I appreciate your concern, but I'm a grown-up and I'm not asking permission to eat or drink whatever I want on vacation"

Omg. This made me laugh so hard!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    "Just stop." I mean seriously, do you even KNOW anything about me and my relationship with food?? Give me a break.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for years. Succeeded in 2012-2014 (5'9" was 145 pounds) and then I got pregnant and let myself go, so here I am again (185 pounds, 9 months post-partum). Anyways, I have a guy friend who is in good shape and tells me "you know it's just as easy losing weight as it is putting it on." No, I'm sorry - that isn't the case for me. It's way easier for me to get fast food for lunch than to plan my meals ahead of time and weigh my food. I told him I've been under my calorie goals too which I was proud of myself for and he said "if you want to eat something, just eat it." Which is true in a sense, but it's still hard trying to ignore all my old favorites. I just feel like he doesn't understand. Ok, I'm done ranting :smile:

Don't drink diet soda because it makes you fat. Somehow I don't think a diet soda or two a day is going to matter.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    An idiot once told me to eat clay.
    8k1iXVX.gif
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    My most hated advice:

After I tell someone about Ketogenics:
    Are you serious? Carbs are healthy! You can't live without rice, pasta, bread, pizza, doughnuts, and crack!

Nobody ever said that. Ever.
    MaiLinna wrote: »
    "Eat meat."

Pffffft. Because that magically solves every problem in the book.

Worst advice: "Don't eat meat! Save the animals!"

Pffffft. Because that magically solves every problem in the book.

:smile: But this I like.