People That Think Low-Carb is Good For You are Wrong

Options
OMP33
OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
edited January 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Everyone that thinks a low-carb is good for you and will work in the long-term is wrong. You're pushing your bodies into an ill state called Ketosis. Your body runs off of carbs, I eat 600g of carbs a day with under 40g of protein and 20g of fats. This uninformative and lieing industry is telling us that meat, dairy, and eggs are good for us? That stuff is loaded with cholesterol and will end up hurting you in the long run. Eat a high carb, low fat, vegan/vegetarian (low dairy) diet and live life to the fullest.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Why must we always be telling others what to eat?
  • OMP33
    Options

I mean if those people want to physically harm themselves through their diets, then so be it.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Trolling? I can't tell. Let's hear some more of these nutritional insights, pls.
  • OMP33
    Options
    What would you like insight on? I'm actually serious too, people are so uninformed about the fitness and nutrition industry.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,207 Member
    Options
    High carb is no better. I am not for any specific type of eating, except for the one that allows a person to maintain a reasonable amount to calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    opycha wrote: »

I mean if those people want to physically harm themselves through their diets, then so be it.

Eating a high carb, low fat, vegan/vegetarian (low dairy) diet in no way guarantees you won't be sick or overweight or can't live life to the fullest.
  • OMP33
    edited January 2016
    Options

Eating a high carb, low fat, vegan/vegetarian (low dairy) diet in no way guarantees you won't be sick or overweight or can't live life to the fullest.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2009nl/mar/passionate.htm -- Plant carbs do not cause you to gain excess weight
  • OMP33
    Options
    High carb is no better. I am not for any specific type of eating, except for the one that allows a person to maintain a reasonable amount to calories.

It's much better than a LCHF diet for sure.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    What would you like insight on? I'm actually serious too, people are so uninformed about the fitness and nutrition industry.

You're 19. Exactly how much experience in the industry do you have? Genuine question.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2009nl/mar/passionate.htm -- Plant carbs do not cause you to gain excess weight

Excess calories consumed cause fat gain, regardless of the source.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Everyone that thinks a low-carb is good for you and will work in the long-term is wrong. You're pushing your bodies into an ill state called Ketosis. Your body runs off of carbs, I eat 600g of carbs a day with under 40g of protein and 20g of fats. This uninformative and lieing industry is telling us that meat, dairy, and eggs are good for us? That stuff is loaded with cholesterol and will end up hurting you in the long run. Eat a high carb, low fat, vegan/vegetarian (low dairy) diet and live life to the fullest.

Well you're wrong ..and your protein and fats are too low for a grown man unless you are very small

And I am not low carb

Rubbish ...excess calories over TDEE cause weight gain
  • Last_mango_in_paradise
    Last_mango_in_paradise Posts: 48 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Ohhhh. So because you said we have to be a vegan/vegetarian we all now must jump on the bandwagon?

Sorry but I'd rather eat steak, bacon, ribs and burgers and still live life to the fullest.

Oh and FYI: you can get high cholesterol on your vegan/vegetarian diet. It has nothing to do with eating meat. A lot of people with high cholesterol have it because of their genetics, not their diet. And also, just because your TOTAL cholesterol numbers are high doesn't mean squat. The LDL/HDL/Tri's are what you should be looking at. If those are in check then there's no issue.
  • OMP33
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Well you're wrong ..and your protein and fats are too low for a grown man unless you are very small

And I am not low carb

Rubbish ...excess calories over TDEE cause weight gain

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2007nl/apr/protein.htm
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

If that were even remotely true, then I wouldn't know any fat/overweight/obese vegans.

But unfortunately, I know many obese people of those lifestyles.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I prefer the wisdom of the Breatharians. Enter the fifth dimension and live off of air. Food is lame.

http://www.breatharian.com/wileybrooks.html
  • morganter
    morganter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am watching "my diet is better than your diet" on ABC and from what I can tell -- the guy who is on the no diet is winning. It is not what you are eating-- well unless you are eating tons of cookies and ice cream and diet soda--but it is more in how much we are eating and the fact that we are not moving. Crazy diet things like adding Chia seeds or eating quinoa all the time-- seriously-- when you are not dieting-- you are not going to continue to eat that stuff. So I am starting the no diet diet-- and watching my portions -- we all eat way too much at one time, and I am trying to exercise/move more. The solution to weight loss is really simple -- eat less, move more. We are just pretty much a lazy society that does not move much --how many of you drive around until you get a closer parking spot to the store entrance, or drive your kid to the bus stop, or go to the drive-in fast food window? And we eat too much -- do you super size at the fast food restaurant? Do you eat the huge portion served at the restaurant? Do you pile too much food on your plate at dinner or too much cereal in that bowl at breakfast? We consume Big Gulps and triple scoop ice cream cones. We all need to watch the amount we take in and try to move more than we are currently doing.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Some people eat low carb for certain conditions. I do it for PCOS and the calories DO matter via the source for me. Everyone is different
  • OMP33
    Options

Ohhhh. So because you said we have to be a vegan/vegetarian we all now must jump on the bandwagon?

Sorry but I'd rather eat steak, bacon, ribs and burgers and still live life to the fullest.

Oh and FYI: you can get high cholesterol on your vegan/vegetarian diet. It has nothing to do with eating meat. A lot of people with high cholesterol have it because of their genetics, not their diet. And also, just because your TOTAL cholesterol numbers are high doesn't mean squat. The LDL/HDL/Tri's are what you should be looking at. If those are in check then there's no issue.

Steak, bacon, ribs, and burgers have ungodly amounts of fats and high cholesterol levels. That can lead to heart disease. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17364116
  • OMP33
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

If that were even remotely true, then I wouldn't know any fat/overweight/obese vegans.

But unfortunately, I know many obese people of those lifestyles.

Then they're lying and are eating things they aren't saying
This discussion has been closed.